New...Friday route

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
This last Friday I had 8 stops and 1335 cases on a 42' trailer, clocked off @ 1530, left the yard @ 0530 after the driver meeting...gotta admit though, 775 cases came off first stop, a hospital, comes off by pallet, gotta drag them off one by one, and its a long walk, got to the dock after waiting for space at around 0600 and left there at 0823, they have this door in the kitchen that leads to the store room, they require at least 4 dry pallets go into that room, the pallets have to be built perfect or they won't go, thats the most time consuming thing, getting those 4 skids in.

I guess I should feel fortunate, but I hate that hospital, one of those lazy kitchen lackies had me come back 3 times after I dropped a pallet and was headed back down the hallway, only to come back and move the pallet 3" forward or back, on that 3rd time I sorta lost my religion, I dropped the pallet jack and said "Really? for the 3rd time you want me to stop what I'm doing to move an f'in pallet 3"?" His eyes got big so did the girls that does the coffee service, they are not shy about calling in on us, they do it all the time, I think Sysco is ammune to it by now they ***** so much, however, I may not be going there for a while, money or no money, thats ok with me!!

Friday 17 stops, 607 cases,100 miles, 3 of the 17 were bakeries. Left at 0300, pulled back in at 1300. Wednesday, 15 stops, 781 cases, 193 miles. Left at 0600, pulled back in at 1630, stopped for fuel. Thursday was a joke as always, 619 cases, 13 stops, 10 docks, 34 cases came off with the dolly, 244 miles, left at 0400, pulled back in at 1445. Would have been sooner if PENNDOT flag morons would leran how to control traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya RR, this hospital thing was new, usually they give it to a guy on a seperate trailer, he leaves at 4 and comes back around 0630 and grabs his delivery trailer, I won't have it next week, I will have a stop that won't allow me to put that much on, we have 4 major hospitals we do in Tulsa, I swear to you Hillcrest is the only one that I hate, they are all easy, but dang, guess I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I would rather throw groceries than go there, they are so f'in lazy!!!!!!!

hey gt, do you get the same money per case on a pallet stop as you would on a regular stop if you were to wheel the food down the ramp? that friday run is sweet!! but with us, we only get 3 cents per case on a pallet stop compared to 23 on a regular stop. thanx gt

hey gt, do you get the same money per case on a pallet stop as you would on a regular stop if you were to wheel the food down the ramp? that friday run is sweet!! but with us, we only get 3 cents per case on a pallet stop compared to 23 on a regular stop. thanx gt
They said we get 80% for pallet drops, but I see full pay, we just don't drop and go at any of these places, there are elevators, break down, what have you, all the hospitals are easy, but sometimes I would rather just throw the groceries and avoid the agravation, pay is gonna be different by contract, ours is up this feb...I'm not looking forward to it.

Remember, we are by the hour with ABC incentive, so the more cases in the less time, the more money, however its broken down into everything including the kitchen sink.

what are the issues gonna be? ours were health insurance and pension. money almost becomes secondary. how many cases do you guys ship out every night?

what are the issues gonna be? ours were health insurance and pension. money almost becomes secondary. how many cases do you guys ship out every night?
IDK 523 sucks! Sysco has control, thats gonna be a *****, pension..LOL, its a company thing here and I'll not be around long enough to see it, unless I go into mgmt. cases per night last I knew, between 40 and 60 thousand, give or take, some nights more, some nights in between the two.