FedEx Freight | new hire

f trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
With the merger taking place why is fedex frt hiring in Rockford Ill? I would think the national drivers would be filling needed postions.

Yeah, you would think that...who knows anymore. There are no reasons for what FedEx does, and there is not reason to waste your time wondering about why Fedex does things the way they do. stupid is as stupid does.

Could be that some city drivers may have opted for open linehaul positions which creates vacancies in the city.
Or the merged terminal may have picked up extra zip-codes to service.
Would be best to speak to the SCM and ask about any open positions.

Or could be that not enough National Drivers took the open positions. EVT is hiring city drivers and line. Some of the drivers who were low seniority from KNT were forced to go to Everett, but they lived 80+ miles away... so they took line positions at TAC and SEA. But that still leaves open positions at EVT since they still have the freight to deliver. And there are open line positions because a lot of our freight came through purchased transport and contract drivers... who are going away.

With the merger taking place why is fedex frt hiring in Rockford Ill? I would think the national drivers would be filling needed postions.

I know a line haul driver from Rockford that is transferring out following the regional freight they're losing. Are they absorbing a FXNL terminal in the Rockford area? If not, they would have to hire off the street to cover the economy freight they are gaining in the Rockford area if nobody chooses to transfer in to Rockford. I don't know for sure, but wouldn't that make sense??

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked our SCM and was informed when shortages were reported all center manager sent an email to HR and all displaced drivers were being offered position as transfer only(not dovetail) they declined normally for whatever reason. That is why we at CGT are currently short 12 drivers so if you need a job contact your scm and request a position

I am not sure about the starting pay but our top scale is 24.08 and theirs is around 22.50.

You guys really need the ****sters union there. That way you could be paid the best wages in the industry which right now tops out at $20.01 and in five years $21.06 plus pay $50.00 a month in union dues............... LOL!!

You guys really need the ****sters union there. That way you could be paid the best wages in the industry which right now tops out at $20.01 and in five years $21.06 plus pay $50.00 a month in union dues............... LOL!!

I think you forgot to take a few more give backs into consideration over the next several years !