new hires

Oldgun...I'm coming from Holland myself. I'm well aware of the learning curve ready for the challenge... Put my 2weeks notice in this morning and also scheduled my last 2 vacation days they didn't seem like they cared at all.... Nervous about the change but ready to get away from the Yellow regime.....

Don't be nervous hardball, you are making a great choice with Walmart..I have been here now for 2 years, after being part of the ltl grind for 18 years. Its great place to work as a driver. They believe in "respect for the individual" which was non existent at R&L where I used to work.. The money and equipment are also fantastic..I plan to finish out my driving career here..
Oldgun...I'm coming from Holland myself. I'm well aware of the learning curve ready for the challenge... Put my 2weeks notice in this morning and also scheduled my last 2 vacation days they didn't seem like they cared at all.... Nervous about the change but ready to get away from the Yellow regime.....[/QUOTE

Oldgun...I'm coming from Holland myself. I'm well aware of the learning curve ready for the challenge... Put my 2weeks notice in this morning and also scheduled my last 2 vacation days they didn't seem like they cared at all.... Nervous about the change but ready to get away from the Yellow regime.....

When I gave notice the TM was drinking coffee in his office. He just sat there didn't say a word and picked up the phone and made a call. They didn't care at all...! Get ready for a culture shock...when I walk up to the window, I give my associate number...he or she reads my work assignment to me...checks on the computer for the row and section where my load is sitting in the yard and writes it on my trip sheet. No drama or BS, no call central or any smart comments....period. It is this way at every DC that I go into on any given day. After the Big Yellow Machine made it's changes to Holland I should have left right then and there. Richard is right...they do take care of their drivers...respect is number 1 .!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck Hardball! Been a pleasure working with ya! Maybe see ya over there in time. Ya'll getting a quality driver and a decent person there.

Just got my year in and transferred to a dc closer to home. Still can't believe how good the pay is. Wish the benefits didn't cost so much, but working most of my 70hrs each week and sticking with the Dave Ramsey plan, we're getting ahead of our debt so fast it's a little scary. Quitting LTL was the best thing I've done in a long time.

I just need a new avatar.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Hardball,worked at Holland out of cn,9 yrs,been at Wally 2 yrs,MAN U GONNA LOVE IT,except for medical bennies,BUT not terrible...GOOD LUCK MAN

DaTeamster, Been on board a couple months now and boy you were not lying I love it here....Working days sleeping nights I feel so much better and I get plenty of time at home... They keep me on the move when I have hours and the week flies by....Think ill be here for the rest of my career...

Just got my year in and transferred to a dc closer to home. Still can't believe how good the pay is. Wish the benefits didn't cost so much, but working most of my 70hrs each week and sticking with the Dave Ramsey plan, we're getting ahead of our debt so fast it's a little scary. Quitting LTL was the best thing I've done in a long time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

I'm going to have to find out about this Dave Ramsey Plan....first time I have heard about it.?

Basically, you make a list of debts to pay off....credit cards, loans, etc, from smallest balance to largest (not including mortgage). Do whatever it takes to pay off the first one. Take that payment, add as much as possible to it to pay off the second one. Take that money (you were paying on the first two), put it and any extra you can on the third, and so on. "Debt Snowball". That's the main step, but there are others. We will be debt free (except for mortgage) by mid 2016. (We currently have around 50k of debt. Credit cards, student loans, medical bills, and other stuff.) My ADP is pretty good for the short time I've been here, so the snowball is gaining a lot of momentum.

Its a kick to see the comments when the new folks have been here for a little bit. My 2 year anniversary is coming up, and I still pinch myself !!! :D

To all the new folks, welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. There is no perfect job, but this is as close at it gets in truck driving.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
Try this one!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get one of those. I'm 50 and probably won't get the miles needed to qualify. It is cool though. Saw a bunch at Mt. Pleasant Iowa.

I am glad to hear that you are all happy. It doesn't happen enough in trucking anymore.

I'm happy for the most part, just not as happy as a WM driver, well most of them, everywhere we go someone ain't gonna be happy.

I really should apply, there is just that pesky being gone thing.

what kind of on board computer system do you guy's use? Just want to see if i can find something on youtube about that system. Thanks

what kind of on board computer system do you guy's use? Just want to see if i can find something on youtube about that system. Thanks

I think they Qualcom cracker, as for logs, IDK if Qualcom runs their own or they use XATA or PeopleNet, I was just trying to give you something before a real WM driver chimes in, I run XATA with Sysco, did PeopleNet with PFG, I never did Qualcom, all I know is I love E-logs, thats where its at!

Not sure what they call our paperless logs, but we use Qualcomm for everything. Dispatch, ETAs, navigation, etc.