ABF | New Hiring Scale

ltl1

TB Regular
Credits
Has any terminal hired someone at the new
scale rate. Please let me know what terminal. You can inbox me if you don't want it posted. Thks

Has any terminal hired someone at the new
scale rate. Please let me know what terminal. You can inbox me if you don't want it posted. Thks
086. Was hired a couple of days ago. Ran his first trip Monday night or Tuesday morning. Also, 1 person is scheduled for orientation at 8am tomorrow morning.

you abf brothers and sisters read my post on the Holland site what a newbie told me about abf I would like to no if it is true about the pay

iEOaNxi.jpg

iEOaNxi.jpg

I'm told (and that means my post is suspect) that the "no probationary period" is only good if you START (on the road that means run your first run) on or before August 31, 2018.

I'm told (and that means my post is suspect) that the "no probationary period" is only good if you START (on the road that means run your first run) on or before August 31, 2018.
I was told by our recruiter its only certain terminals and then may only be in either road or city. Two that he mentioned were Dayton road and Philly city.

Why did you idiots vote yes first rule of negotiation never accept the first offer? Too funny screwed yourselves right after the contract is passed now the company has enough money to start everyone at top rate you guys were able to get so much more plus now your pension contribution rate frozen. I would get real nasty at the next Union meeting we could of had so much more! Plus if ABF steals enough of YRC's drivers they may go out of business and Schneider will buy them in bankruptcy YRC's retired CEO just hired on to Schneider's Board of Directors.

Why did you idiots vote yes first rule of negotiation never accept the first offer? Too funny screwed yourselves right after the contract is passed now the company has enough money to start everyone at top rate you guys were able to get so much more plus now your pension contribution rate frozen. I would get real nasty at the next Union meeting we could of had so much more! Plus if ABF steals enough of YRC's drivers they may go out of business and Schneider will buy them in bankruptcy YRC's retired CEO just hired on to Schneider's Board of Directors.
Jaloc, WE, THE EMPLOYEES WERE NOT NEGOTIATING!!! I have not talked with, met, or heard of a single ABF rank and file employee who was negotiating with anyone at the contract table. So who are you talking about? What idiot did the negotiations? Please submit their names so i/we can find out how they voted. I voted yes because I COULDN'T NEGOTIATE! IT WAS A YES OR NO VOTE. And if I voted no I had to trust someone else to negotiate for me. How stupid would I/we be to trust the same people who told us 'this is the best we could get' and 'we left nothing on the table.' And you think we are idiots because we wouldn't trust these people to renegotiate another NMFA? Really, you would have trusted them to renegotiate for you?

Question jaloc, you are a yrc driver so why didn't YOU negotiate a better contract at yrc? Why did YOU give up pension contributions when YOU Negotiated the last YRC contract? What is YOUR excuse for the last 10yrs of YRC contracts that YOU Negotiated?

Jaloc, WE, THE EMPLOYEES WERE NOT NEGOTIATING!!! I have not talked with, met, or heard of a single ABF rank and file employee who was negotiating with anyone at the contract table. So who are you talking about? What idiot did the negotiations? Please submit their names so i/we can find out how they voted. I voted yes because I COULDN'T NEGOTIATE! IT WAS A YES OR NO VOTE. And if I voted no I had to trust someone else to negotiate for me. How stupid would I/we be to trust the same people who told us 'this is the best we could get' and 'we left nothing on the table.' And you think we are idiots because we wouldn't trust these people to renegotiate another NMFA? Really, you would have trusted them to renegotiate for you?
I know you didn't negotiate contract but more members should be going to Union meetings so their voices and input can be heard a forum of negotiation all I am saying is that this first offer should have been a no vote. At the next Union meeting I would ask how can ABF start everyone at full rate right after the contract is passed but couldn't offer better raises each year and pension contributions not frozen at current rates? It seems like Teamsters are in a managed decline in every industry just chipping away at everything we won over the years. We should have a dedicated organizing division they should be giving us flyers cards to give to drivers at truck stops to organize more companies. Look at UPS for example over $4 Billion profit and they negotiate two tier wages and hybrid drivers at least a Billion should go back to the Union and I bet their members will still approve next contract.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ted-to-atri-board-of-directors-300593640.html

I would also ask about whats going here look who appointed Darren Hawkins your current CEO! They are plotting ways to screw us over at both companies?.

I told everyone at YRC to vote no take a bigger wage cut don't let them cut the pension everyone at the terminal says their voting no but somehow its passes we lost too much revenue we went from a $9 Billion to under $5 Billion they can't pay full rate without downsizing company. The banks wouldn't want us going bankrupt with that much debt would have given us a better rate all they care about is the interest payments. They should have negotiated so much of the give back goes to pay down the debt and no executive bonuses until we are at full rate.