TForce | New Internationals

HUH????? If it were a city tractor we would not be having this discussion......And the money you save on the engine brake is spent on brakes....

Smoke the brakes and lose half the pedal before you hit the bottom, that's what I call safe.

Keep the flatland trucks where they belong, not here out west.

Thats one nice thing about my route.
Its almost totally flat.
Only a very few inclines that don't amount to anything.

I never could figure out why we always had 48x13.6 trailers to do our routes.
We us the 48 foot length,but we never need the 13.6 hight.
we could get along with 12.6 in most cases.
But only a few times do we need 13 foot.

It would be nice to have trailers we could get under bridges instead of have to go so far out of the way to find one we can clear.

Just got 4 more Internationals in NBR. Don't know who there going to. The word is they're LOUDDDD. Once an International always an International.

Just got 4 more Internationals in NBR. Don't know who there going to. The word is they're LOUDDDD. Once an International always an International.

There is nothing like comming out of a shytespreader and feeling like your head has been compressed with force all day.........:funky::funky:

I say the new Internationals are a whole lot better then the old cornbinders they built back in the day.

Those old junkers would vibrate the screws out of the door handles,and instrument panels when the diesel was humming down the highway.

Looking back its kind of funny having your window winding crank just fall off the door.
When I asked the our repair technician why it just fell off like it did.
he says the vibration of the diesel shakes everything apart after awhile.

What a hoot,when the young ones on here read stuff like this they probaly can't believe it the way they build equipment so much better now days.

I never could figure out why we always had 48x13.6 trailers to do our routes.
We us the 48 foot length,but we never need the 13.6 hight.
we could get along with 12.6 in most cases.
But only a few times do we need 13 foot.

It would be nice to have trailers we could get under bridges instead of have to go so far out of the way to find one we can clear.

I drive a repaint INT (9100) with a 48 x 12 lift gate from Colorado springs to Pueblo every day nice trls new and shinny Works great fits under trees and power lines just cant stack pallets very well IE totes

I drive a repaint INT (9100) with a 48 x 12 lift gate from Colorado springs to Pueblo every day nice trls new and shinny Works great fits under trees and power lines just cant stack pallets very well IE totes

I saw two of these trailers in a lot next to a UPSF yard here this week. Nice looking trailers, look wider that they are tall. Finally starting to see a full rebranded tractor/pup set now and then. Small yard here, maybe 15 tractors. Still have the O sign out front and blue building.

We've got three lift gates .
One is a straight truck,we also have a 40 foot 12.6 high trailer,and an old 28 foot pup.
The one who thought about putting it on the old pup should of got a clue first.
This old pup is way to low for most docks,to do normal deliveries.
Its a very dangerous set up.
they really should of put it on a higher pup.

Oh well thats Overnite for you.
I mean UPS.

But we charge extra for lift gate service.
I think its around $75.00.
We appoint our life gate deliveries.
So the terminal really makes out good with these stops.

When one of our routes has a lift gate appoinment the dock crew loads everything on the 40 foot trailer.

I love it when my route has one of these stops.
I get to use the gate for all of my hand unloads,all day long.
It beats doing mall stops with my two wheel hand cart.

So one poor customer gets charged the max for his delivery,and I get to use it to make my route stops a lot easier the whole day that I have it.

Now I know I was trying to get some freight out of a customer I rarely get.
he said he needed lift gate service,but no way was he going to pay our rates.
R & L does it for nothing,because most of the trailers that he sees have lift gates.
And he said Yellow only charges $15.00.

Oh well thats life,the old saying is you always get what you pay for.
but in this case I don't think thats works?

So one poor customer gets charged the max for his delivery,and I get to use it to make my route stops a lot easier the whole day that I have it.

Now I know I was trying to get some freight out of a customer I rarely get.
he said he needed lift gate service,but no way was he going to pay our rates.
R & L does it for nothing,because most of the trailers that he sees have lift gates.
And he said Yellow only charges $15.00.

I was at a liftgate stop one time with 4 pallets at a dollar store and was delivering the bleach and cleaners really heavy stuff and the manager was suprised I was using the liftgate becuase they didn't pay for it.

I told her that if I had it I was gonna use it, that is when she told me that other freight companies would not do that, they might be on a liftgate but would not use it.

Also other times delivering when I was a dock/cdl and jut delivering 1 stop. The straight truck has a liftgate and would hardly be used, I would always use it, a supervisor told me one time if they did not pay for a liftgate he was not sending one out.

And I was trying to explain to him if I took a pup I would have to unload all 8 pallets by hand it would cost him about an hour in labor let me take the straight truck and it turns into a 15 min stop.