New Job

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
So Double r, how is the new job going? I hope your liking things, I was off tonite, took a birthday floater, Dianna bought me a new grill for my birthday, its a big ol sucker, we put it together tonite, it has a propane side, a charcoal side, a smoker box and a sear grill, I'm gonna put a propane burner in the smoker box to keep the wood lit so I don't have to babysit it with charcoal.

Let us know whats going on, I'm curious to hear about everything my friend!

Hmmm party at GTs house..... Bring some beer.... I need a beer to much stress. Yeah double r hows your new job? I hate my new job I see my son less and they want me to run some OTR. I told em I cant and now today Im sitting at home was told theres no work

LOL, you guys are funny.

GT, Happy Birthday.
Moneyman, that sucks. Anyway MB will take you back or do have another company in mind?
Pflash, you know it!

New job is going great. Less stress, know where most of the stops are already(some are even customers of my old place). First day was 9 hours, today, 8.5. It is up to us if we want to take a lunch or not. We take it, they take 30 minutes from us. If we don't take it, no big deal. Not use to that option, use to not having time to take one. Lot different working for and being an actually employee of a foodservice company. Lot easier, IMHO. Still learning the paperwork and computer in the truck. Don't need to learn anything else, already know how to unload and dig for boxes(nothing new, lol). Will be on my own next week, my drop yard partner is going on vacation, so I will run the route I'm training on and then I may be back with him for one more week well our supervisor is on vacation and then I will start my own route. He hasn't decided yet.

All in all, I do believe that I made a good decision. I know I'll be a lot happier.

Now, my old company, MAJOR PROBLEMS. Another good driver and friend of mine is done tomorrow(and no, we did not plan it that way like a certain person thinks, lol) Two other good drivers with years are about to walk, lol. The decline has begun, lol

I'm glad your liking your new job and that its going good so far. Yeah I have a few in mind. I would like to get on with Sysco Asian foods but there not hiring, I have a interview friday with a produce company, Us Foods and Core-Mark are looking for drivers and I applied. Tried going back to Dawn Foods but they wont because they said I didnt give them 2 weeks notice when I did but the manager took my last week away. I'm even looking at LTL and pop and beer companies. Basicly anything where I can start in the morning and be done in the afternoon.

Moneyman sorry to hear that about ur job...that martin brower and mclanes will take ur life away..I ve been there trust me I know thehe feeling but let's not make a hasty decision here freight is not steady been there...pop doesn't pay...go at us foods realy hard or wait on sysco asian foods and if u realy wanna be with ur son and I knw u do maybe u have to go to sysco mn but u want b happy with freight or pop trust me..

Ramprunner I left Martin Brower and went to Ruan to run target dedicated and it was a Huge mistake. They promised me Monday thru Friday and a Fargo run everyday. I didnt get none of it and I usually start at 3 pm and run tl midnight. The pay is horrible I'm averaging 14 a hr. One day I made 127 dollars for the day.

I was so pissed off one day I made a phone call to Apperts Foodservice where I use to work. There looking for 6 drivers. Unfortunately the manager was on vacation so I hope he calls me back. I do know they have some overnight routes open. There so desperate for drivers that my 2 friends that work there think I might be able to get what I want which is 2 overnight routes. it's a hour drive from my house so it would cut down on miles and gas. I would probably start around 17 a hour. Not the greatest but more then I'm making now.

I put my app in at US foods. I submitted at 1 am and when I checked my email at 7 am it was already rejected. I have no idea why. I called Asian Foods there still not hiring. They tell me there still interviewing and reviewing applications for future openings but they will give me a call when there is an opening and they are considering me. I hope they mean it and not just saying that to make me happy u know?

Ramprunner I cant remember are you from MN? Also I will never work for sysco MN. Bad idea especially now in the new contract all new drivers are to be hired as casuals making 14 a hr with no benefits. It could take a year to get benefits and be considered full time. Ive heard many many horror stories about that place. Martin Brower hired a driver from sysco and he told me some of them.

I am not from mn from ms I just remember posting when u were goin mb and I remeber posting about those companies with a extraboard I worked for mclanes for a while and it sucked..idk the situation at sysco mn but sysco without benefit for a yr may not b a bad thing..jus my opinion...one things for sure sysco will have work and lots of it

I need the benefits for my son and I wont do foodservice for 14 a hour again. I did that when I got my first driving job. 17 a hour is the lowest I will go and atleast if I go back to Apperts I will have my weekends off and a 4 day work week. Asian foods starts at 17.85 a hr but they also get paid by the case mile and stop. So you actually make more. I have no idea what to do. I liked it at MB but I just never seen my son. Ever since I left GFS I cant find anything I like and its really bothering me. I hope I find something soon.

Well Apperts hired me back right away. Be running an 2 day route up to ND. Go figure once I take the job I seen an ad for Asian Foods

Not sure. Yeah Asian foods I will make more money but I have to deal with the cameras. Apperts I will get to run where I want which is ND. Also I will eventually be able to get a schedule like a Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday. Both routes layovers. With the safety bonuses and profit sharing when I get to top pay I might make around the same but also Apperts will have to eventually raise there top pay to stay competitive

Not sure. Yeah Asian foods I will make more money but I have to deal with the cameras. Apperts I will get to run where I want which is ND. Also I will eventually be able to get a schedule like a Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday. Both routes layovers. With the safety bonuses and profit sharing when I get to top pay I might make around the same but also Apperts will have to eventually raise there top pay to stay competitive

I would LOVE that schedule!!!! Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for ya.

That produce company I interviewed with just called me with a counter offer. Now there offering me 18 a hour and ill be at 20 an hr by 2 years. One nice thing would be no pushing the 2 Wheeler and bumping docks. Now I have to think. Any opinions?

That produce company I interviewed with just called me with a counter offer. Now there offering me 18 a hour and ill be at 20 an hr by 2 years. One nice thing would be no pushing the 2 Wheeler and bumping docks. Now I have to think. Any opinions?

I guess it would depend on the specific circumstances. Is the produce company contracted with anybody? I'd be nervous if any type of agreement would expire in a few years and leave you looking for work again. Also, consider your financial situation. If you can survive on less money, the 4 day gig is awesome! Especially since you're a young guy - you have lots of years to go before your body doesn't want to do it any longer. Also (and this is THE most important thing, IMO) consider your family. I know how much you miss your child when you can't see him....lots to consider for sure.

Actually it wasnt a hard decision. Just gonna go to Apperts. If I cant get the weekly bonus everyweek I will make the same amount. Apperts also gave me a week of vacation right away to. Im looking forward to starting back at Apperts.

Actually it wasnt a hard decision. Just gonna go to Apperts. If I cant get the weekly bonus everyweek I will make the same amount. Apperts also gave me a week of vacation right away to. Im looking forward to starting back at Apperts.

Awesome Brother! When is the start date? I forget if you told me, one bad thing about shuttle, alot of the time when we talk its morning and I am sleepy, plus I got a memory about as long as my **WOOPWOOP** LOL!!