ODFL | New Job

big ben

TB Lurker
Credits
So I've been to the terminal it seems like 8 times probably talking with the operations manager did everything on the computer there, did the drug screen and dot physical on a sat. Then he calls me to do driving test on sun so I did that and the trainer took my pic for employment. The operation manager said only thing left to do is the I9 form and then we can officially offer the job to you. So in the mean time the op. man. goes on vacation for a week and then 4 days later the terminal manager calls and says they have a driver wanting to transfer to this terminal and he takes presidence over you. Is this just BS or bad luck?

So I've been to the terminal it seems like 8 times probably talking with the operations manager did everything on the computer there, did the drug screen and dot physical on a sat. Then he calls me to do driving test on sun so I did that and the trainer took my pic for employment. The operation manager said only thing left to do is the I9 form and then we can officially offer the job to you. So in the mean time the op. man. goes on vacation for a week and then 4 days later the terminal manager calls and says they have a driver wanting to transfer to this terminal and he takes presidence over you. Is this just BS or bad luck?
Hate hear that.But, Manager is correct.I would just keep calling him and checking to see if they are hiring.Sometimes the transfer doesn't happen.

It sucks for an outsider, but something you'd appreciate as an employee.

I'm glad to see the TM is sticking to the book on this one... I know of a terminal in my area that doesn't, they hire off the street even when they know an employee from within wants to transfer.

Hotrod, dont give up...as Ken said, just keep trying. I just came back and it was the best thing I ever did. The way this p[lace is growing, they will have openings soon enough..Good luck
Iam watching ya Billy..

Hourly like you so doesnt really matter.

Customs ain't gonna care how you're paid, they'll still treat you like garbage. Just wait until there's a concealed skid of something their dog doesn't like. LTL and customs never looks fun.

9Xao2a3.jpg