Estes | New Kenworth tandem tractor

Makes me wonder what type of steer tires they're running. With a stronger ply tire (I think a 12-ply) you can legally run 14k on the steers as long as you're not over gross.

My sidewalls say 6380 per tire, I think. So anything above 12760# could result in an out of service violation.

There's a sliding 5th wheel on these new KW singles. My fuel millage has been consistent at 6.75 mpg with pups. heavy or light. The 3:21 gear ratio is kind of tall for the mountain areas imo but the Paccar motor produces plenty of torque and at only 1400 rpm at top speed, it knocks an hour off my schedule.
Ours has the Cummins....

There's a sliding 5th wheel on these new KW singles. My fuel millage has been consistent at 6.75 mpg with pups. heavy or light. The 3:21 gear ratio is kind of tall for the mountain areas imo but the Paccar motor produces plenty of torque and at only 1400 rpm at top speed, it knocks an hour off my schedule.

Soooo, now you only work 5 hrs a day :) I'm not including the margarita lunches either ;)

Soooo, now you only work 5 hrs a day :) I'm not including the margarita lunches either ;)

I wish it was only 5 but the 30 min brake is no longer a concern. Makes it nice to have a truck that allows a person to safely pass someone and get away from the merging madness. Spent most of day going around accidents. Fridays are always a nightmare. Seen the aftermath of a couple fatalities this week.. 4 bad crashes today which one of them was a fatality of a 32 year old FedEx driver. http://m.myfoxal.com/#!/newsDetail/23852836

I imagine its night and day compared to the m11s. Don't think Kenworth would allow half the junk they stick under the hoods of the **** spreaders.

Too bad Estes had to lose millions on junk before they got educated.... But hey, some are just slow learners....

Too bad Estes had to lose millions on junk before they got educated.... But hey, some are just slow learners....

They probably noticed how much easier it is to get our sorry asses to work weekends when they think outside the "great value" brand. I made an extra $700+ black Friday money to give the ball and chain.

New Cascadia at Hotel in Kansas City

2013-12-11060724_zps5a1952f0.jpg

They automatics ? Hate the freight shaker autos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so BB.. I've got one of the new TranStars with an auto..I haven't had any problems with mine, but from what I here, the guys who pull the hills on the East Coast are having lots.. They said they are finished with the autos...

Funny how guys all of a sudden hate the colors of Estes trucks. It must be something new Estes is trying.
a46c7930069cccbd4216ba6a1b8cbb29.jpg

I think that unit is still running around Richmond,they just put a new tranny in it and people net. Truth is I would ride around in that beauty all day long its gotta have better suspension and pull better than most of what we have now.

Most of our fleet is 8600 internationals. They have little air bags on the back of the cab but they still ride like tanks. They're slowly changing to kenworths and freightliners and other better equipment. It'll probably be 30 years before all the international junk is gone.