Estes | New Kenworth tandem tractor

Most of our fleet is 8600 internationals. They have little air bags on the back of the cab but they still ride like tanks. They're slowly changing to kenworths and freightliners and other better equipment. It'll probably be 30 years before all the international junk is gone.

Ya gotta respect an optimist.

Most of our fleet is 8600 internationals. They have little air bags on the back of the cab but they still ride like tanks. They're slowly changing to kenworths and freightliners and other better equipment. It'll probably be 30 years before all the international junk is gone.

saw some brandy new int at indy on the north side of the shop. dont think were done with them just yet. there all singles

saw some brandy new int at indy on the north side of the shop. dont think were done with them just yet. there all singles

International went back to putting cummins ISX motors with def fluid in their new trucks, hopefully that's what they are. They also had cummins engineer a new egr system for the maxipad motors that also uses the def fluid, hopefully we're not going to be the test dummies for that system.

International went back to putting cummins ISX motors with def fluid in their new trucks, hopefully that's what they are. They also had cummins engineer a new egr system for the maxipad motors that also uses the def fluid, hopefully we're not going to be the test dummies for that system.

If Robbie can bank an extra dollar, he'll make us the guinea pigs..

Speaking of old stuff, there was a ft. wayne road driver at our barn (062 cin) this week pulling a set with an old city tractor, 63776. We had another one in about 2 months ago, his maxipad broke down on the road and they brought an old 63 series city tractor out to him to continue on with. Talk about roughing it.

A lot of those tractors are only rated at 54,000 pounds. I've had to show our dispatchers the cab cards on a couple of them to get out of driving them.

A lot of those tractors are only rated at 54,000 pounds. I've had to show our dispatchers the cab cards on a couple of them to get out of driving them.

That's because their objective is to move the freight, not the mule..... Most are ignorant to the fact of what a truck looks like inside...

Speaking of old stuff, there was a ft. wayne road driver at our barn (062 cin) this week pulling a set with an old city tractor, 63776. We had another one in about 2 months ago, his maxipad broke down on the road and they brought an old 63 series city tractor out to him to continue on with. Talk about roughing it.
Are those the older "flat nose" looking Internationals? cause some guy still runs 1 between Charlotte and Atlanta every night, even has chrome hub covers and lugnut covers on it...looks old school..lol

Im gettin one with a 13 speed transmission, cause I need to take those hills out west, no automatic for me..
Don't sell the AUTO SHIFTS short...especially when matched with the proper motor! Sort of nice pulling a grade with the cruise on, the when you start down, flip the engine brake on and it down shifts all by it's self.......

Are those the older "flat nose" looking Internationals? cause some guy still runs 1 between Charlotte and Atlanta every night, even has chrome hub covers and lugnut covers on it...looks old school..lol

Doggone!

and I'm complaining that I have no Chrome coffee warmer and remote control truck starter

Don't sell the AUTO SHIFTS short...especially when matched with the proper motor! Sort of nice pulling a grade with the cruise on, the when you start down, flip the engine brake on and it down shifts all by it's self.......

I was really impressed with the autos this last storm we had, I had a single axle Cascadia 6 speed auto, had good tires, I engaged the ATC and also pushed the mode button on the shift panel, that allowed the truck to shift really smooth and to lug up the grades, I didn't break traction very often, even with empties, I was really worried about the autos in the snow, but I have more confidence with them now.

They have some of the older single axle 64 number series that still run the road, but they have A/c, radio, and air ride. I don't think the old 63 series were ever intended for the road. in fact like one of the other post said they were only licensed for gross weight of 54,000. We had a driver who used to get overweight tickets all the time when he would take them to Indy for service, we don't have a garage at our location. He was never over on axle weight, but they were over on the gross licensed weight. The finally upped the plates to 80,000 gross. Not sure if they did that across the company or just our terminal.

Not Anymore. Lost my rig at the rebids. Got some work to do now as the rest of the fleet keeps rolling in. :butt kiss:

Just hang on to those knee pads there driver... Although time may have passed since you have used them, it all still works the same....LOL