Yellow | New kw In Nsh

It shows you're not happy with current package and are looking at other suppliers to make your bottom line improve

What it also shows is inconsistent behavior by the companies purchasing agents. This could be for many reasons, including what you mentioned. It could also reflect that there may be a delay in production by a certain brand as well or the price point may be to high.

One thing it does reflect on an overall image though is a lack of uniformity. Not only does that image project upon a potential customer base, but it reflects upon the general public as well. Granted the layman for the most part can not tell the difference between makers and most customers can not as well, but potential investors looking to purchase a company gather many factors together when deciding to invest in a company. Uniformity is one of them.

There is much to be said about uniformity in regards to equipment overall. I mentioned maintenance for a reason. The reason the military chooses to utilize one maker or one caliber of round is paramount to reduce costs overall as well as having the ability to cross match parts and such when something goes array.

Point in question: half of today's trucks in the Holland fleet sterling wise have been able to stay on the road after having components bastardized from retired trucks or trucks that have been in accidents, prolonging the life of the ones currently in service as a result. When you start getting small runs of different makers you are unable to utilize that aspect across the board parts wise.

Like the military, most large fleets purchasing equipment follow this rule of thumb regardless if it is a trucking company or a landscaping company. A large landscaping company will generally purchase one brand of mower like an Exmark or Scag for maintenance issues, overall image to the public, and overall cost since purchasing in bulk generally generates the deepest discounts from the manufacturer.

That being said from an observational standpoint; I will give credit where credit is due as well. The overall corporation with the entire family of companies is well behind the eightball replacing worn out and aged equipment across the board.

The small steps taken now and the scramble to spread as many newer units across the spectrum is a good thing without a doubt.

As for uniformity, they are taking steps as well with the overall paint scheme. Sure the price off the line for a basic white tractor or trailer is a factor as well, but it is long overdue that they settle on one basic image. Pulling a Roadway trailer with a Yellow tractor has been a tacky image for many years now when other companies such as XPO, UPS Freight, even Fed Ex Freight after all their respective buyouts quickly uniformitzed their fleets.

It will also make it that much easier in the event of any of the individual divisions being folded into the other if that occurs, or as a selling point in the event of a company collapse.. white tractors and trailers are more universal than a faded orange, Blue, or green unit for that matter. See I stayed positive in the end.

I assume power unit companies cut deals to entice trucking companies to sample. A few grand off x amount of tractors in hopes of becoming "the truck" for years to come. UPS runs almost everything including Sterlings. My company is Volvo with two model years International and two years (twice) freightshakers. And rumor is, we are receiving new Int's. I think it's a easy up front savings and office layman think a truck is a truck.

I assume power unit companies cut deals to entice trucking companies to sample. A few grand off x amount of tractors in hopes of becoming "the truck" for years to come. UPS runs almost everything including Sterlings. My company is Volvo with two model years International and two years (twice) freightshakers. And rumor is, we are receiving new Int's. I think it's a easy up front savings and office layman think a truck is a truck.

Even back in the early 1970's when I drove for Parcel and they used F model cab over Macks almost exclusively, they also had some Diamond-Reo and Emeryville tractors. Always a wise move to keep options open.

Even back in the early 1970's when I drove for Parcel and they used F model cab over Macks almost exclusively, they also had some Diamond-Reo and Emeryville tractors. Always a wise move to keep options open.

I can only hope I was cruising in a Graco. Followed by a Radio Flyer. My first choices were Ford L8000 or GMC Brigadeer.

I can only hope I was cruising in a Graco. Followed by a Radio Flyer. My first choices were Ford L8000 or GMC Brigadeer.

Drove Brigadier and Louisville rentals at UPS, Louisvilles at Maislin and Brigadiers at Yellow. Up till the recent Volvos at Yellow/YRC, the Louisvilles were my favorite tractors.

Twas tough to beat a L model Ford in all aspects...................
Better then their later counterpart the Sterling. Hood hinges did not break, heater door panels break at servo or dashes that broke all apart. They would just fry the wiring from the heater switch to the resistor, heater cables and the cabs could be heard rusting on a quiet day.

In retrospect I have seen almost every brand of tractor at this company over the years. Although some very limited. On the Roadway side. Though the Pete is a first.

In retrospect I have seen almost every brand of tractor at this company over the years. Although some very limited. On the Roadway side. Though the Pete is a first.

Having samples of different brands of equipment is like dating a bunch of different women. It stops them from getting too complacent and keeps them on their best behavior knowing there's competition right around the corner. :smile new:

The pumpkin was my favorite Roadway city tractor. Roadway's best all around tractor was this model Volvo, Imo.
roadway-express-6-13-04-ozark-al.jpg

This just HOT OFF THE PRESS
Mormon Motor Trucks has agreed to reopen their Garland Tex. Plant and build 2000 new Marmons for YRC
They will be equipped with 471 2 stroke Detroit engine, 5 spd OD trans with 2 spd axle, R&H, 500 watt linear amps so
you can stay in touch with all your good buddies on the road.
Solar powered heated mirrors, if the sun is shining when its snowing your mirrors will stay nice and clean.
30 gal fuel tank, take more breaks.
10- 00 -20 Allstate tube type tires, got a good deal from Sears.
Each driver will have his own tractor, drive it home after your trip, no city driver allowed to touch YOUR truck
Old Big R drivers can have Big R decals on their unit.
Holland drivers will make 15% more because Wong was the only driver who asked the boss for his 15% back.
Production is due starting Sept 31, 2017

more different truck models means more kick backs to buyers... who cares about the driver. cheaper means more cash in buyers pocket