FedEx Freight | New kw

gfs2

TB Lurker
Credits
is anyone else outthere that is have the new kw brakes kick on so hard that it slams you forward. If you do not have your seatbelt on you would hit the windshield.

Wouldn't know a new what new KW was if it jumped up and bit me in the ...
All but two of our KWs have seen 000000 on the odometer twice.

RC,
gave up a trophy kw with 80,000 miles on it, to drive a volvo with 500,000 miles on it. The volvo was so much more comfortable I parked my wheelchair...I can walk again!!!

ST ;)

I don't have the problem of the brakes, but for those out thier that dont one I would be very happy to ship the one I drive out to you. To many
things about the new KW I dislike. Just send me any volvo or older KW.

I know everyone has their own idea about the truck that they want to drive, and here is mine, Found My first Volvo in 1992, that was a WIA and then they came out with the new VN...Now that's Trucking !!

2011-2012 Kenworth T660 Service Brakes, Air Recall 11V157000

Campaign Number: 11V157000 Manufacturer: Paccar Incorporated

Date Manufactured: Mar 10, 2011 Mfr's Report Date: Mar 07, 2011
might ask?

2011-2012 Kenworth T660 Service Brakes, Air Recall 11V157000

Campaign Number: 11V157000 Manufacturer: Paccar Incorporated

Date Manufactured: Mar 10, 2011 Mfr's Report Date: Mar 07, 2011
might ask?

It would be a lot easier to recall all KW's and send them back to Mexico and stick with the Volvo's.:1036316054::biggrin:

For this bid I "occupy" a new Volvo, automatic- it's the best tractor I have driven. It's like driving a pickup. I don't miss driving a manual here- since the majority of the clutches and brakes are gone, and they grind constantly. FedEx is getting away from clutches for maintenance and ease of hiring/training inexperienced drivers. The only problem I have encountered and don't like, is the jake brake coming on without notice and abruptly. I don't think it will be good in winter crawling along on ice, or coming up slowly on stopped traffic. The older automatics were difficult to hook up- slamming you into the back window, now the new ones "slam" you into the windshield- take your pick. The "people in charge" obviously never drove for a living. The out of lane buzzer is annoying too, and loud. The delay button helps in the city and in the yard. Since the new Volvo is so quiet- it must be used to keep you awake. Trains have a button simular to this, engineers have to push it every so often or the train comes to a stop. I guess we just push the button and fall back to sleep, then drive off the road.

ANYTHING is better than a KW- ANYTHING! I think of a KW as a smart car pulling a trailer, only difference is the horse power.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Freightliner and an International are the same to me. Just like a Mack and a KW. The Volvo is in a class of its own. I also heard Peterbilts (SP) are nothing to brag about.This is only if FedEx has anything to do with purchasing them. Outside FedEx- with alot of added features, I'm sure any of them would be great tractors.