SAIA | New L/H uniform policy

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
We were told in the quarterly meeting that starting in July I believe, linehaul will be required to wear a uniform shirt and if you want to wear a hat, it must be a Saia hat. We were talking about this in ATL last night and alot of guys didn't know about it, so I figured I would post it up. Monica from HR did out meeting, and it was her personal opinion they were easing us into wearing full uniforms like city drivers are required to wear.

According to who you speak with there seems to be a great debate on this. I asked the HR person and she, was unaware of this change in the policy. All communications she have received so far say that the uniforms are ONLY for city drivers. According to safety person she is wrong and they are for ALL DRIVERS. Personally I like the idea ( some of our drivers look like homeless bums ) have seen pic if the new shirts and. I think they are sharp looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
:coffee1:So whats the problem? I wear my saia t-shirt every night,i would rather get grease on a work shirt,oh yea

Be careful what you wish for. You, the employee will have to foot part of the cost. You know that it will not take long to get it greasy and the company hall monitors will be demanding that you get new stuff or get written up. It's going to get expensive and for what good reason?

Per The person that I have spoken with in HR if line drivers are REQUIRED to wear the uniform shirts the company will purchase them just like they do for the city drivers. She is still unable to confirm that the line drivers will be required to wear them.

If the company forces me to wear a uniform, they will absorb the cost. Not the 50% I've already shelled out to look professional for them..Wear them because I don't want to screw up my clothes with their greasy poorly maintained equipment.