New L/H uniform policy

Discussion in 'Saia' started by Demolitionman, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Demolitionman

Demolitionman Active Member

We were told in the quarterly meeting that starting in July I believe, linehaul will be required to wear a uniform shirt and if you want to wear a hat, it must be a Saia hat. We were talking about this in ATL last night and alot of guys didn't know about it, so I figured I would post it up. Monica from HR did out meeting, and it was her personal opinion they were easing us into wearing full uniforms like city drivers are required to wear.

2. gearraker

gearraker Active Member

Well iam a big believer in uniforms...and I think everybody should look the same

3. system dog

system dog Member

According to who you speak with there seems to be a great debate on this. I asked the HR person and she, was unaware of this change in the policy. All communications she have received so far say that the uniforms are ONLY for city drivers. According to safety person she is wrong and they are for ALL DRIVERS. Personally I like the idea ( some of our drivers look like homeless bums ) have seen pic if the new shirts and. I think they are sharp looking.

4. truckdriver

truckdriver Active Member

Per Employee Manual

Linehaul drivers are to dress in a neat and clean manner that meets the requirements of safety and appropriate for working conditions. Uniforms are optional. Line haul drivers who regularly work on the dock are required to wear steel-toe safety shoes

What are the shirts suppose to look like? High-visibility maybe?

http://workingperson.com/workwear-1/high-visibility-clothes/high-visibility-shirts.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  5. Jack Knife

Jack Knife Well-Known Member

when i was in Charlotte last week it was post that L/H will have to wear the shirts and hats

6. scout

scout Member

:coffee1:So whats the problem? I wear my saia t-shirt every night,i would rather get grease on a work shirt,oh yea

7. Boltseal

Boltseal Member

Not a big fan of uniforms, but safety vests would be a good idea!

8. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

im ok with the uniform but i dont wanna look like a wrecker driver in that safety vest !!!!!!!!!!

9. fliperlip

fliperlip New Member

i drive for holland we look like a biker bar on wheels wish we had shirts and get rid of the bib overalls

10. Dracula

Dracula Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for. You, the employee will have to foot part of the cost. You know that it will not take long to get it greasy and the company hall monitors will be demanding that you get new stuff or get written up. It's going to get expensive and for what good reason?

11. Mike432

Mike432 Well-Known Member

BUT, you can write the cost of your uniforms and other clothing off on your taxes!

12. system dog

system dog Member

Per The person that I have spoken with in HR if line drivers are REQUIRED to wear the uniform shirts the company will purchase them just like they do for the city drivers. She is still unable to confirm that the line drivers will be required to wear them.

13. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

sounds to me like certain tms are trying to play dictator and make up their own rules

14. truckdriver

truckdriver Active Member

This is Saia LTL we all have different Rule Book.

15. hasbeenking

hasbeenking Member

If the company forces me to wear a uniform, they will absorb the cost. Not the 50% I've already shelled out to look professional for them..Wear them because I don't want to screw up my clothes with their greasy poorly maintained equipment.