Yellow | New Labor Contract And Technology Seen As Solution For YRC's "Speed Bump"!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
New labor contract and technology seen as solution for YRC

"Yet Welch stressed that, while the carrier "admittedly" took a step backward in its network optimization strategy,
YRC Freight isn't planning to make any other changes of this magnitude to it operations in the forseeable future."

"Eric Starks, president of research firm FTR Transportation Intelligence, told Fleet Owner that technology is
increasingly being viewed as a game changer in terms of long-term productivity enhancements across the
trucking landscape".

"To help forestall any more "self-inflicted wounds" of this nature, Jamie Pierson, YRC's CFO, said the company is
planning to focus more of its near-term capital expenditures on technology investments-especially new handheld
devices-to help boost productivity."

"This is where we get the most bang for the buck," Pierson explained, "All of our drivers in YRC Freight and our
regional companies have handhelds, but we're piloting new ones at (regional carriers) Holland and Reddaway
along with YRC Freight. Those will help us improve our load factor and workforce productivity."

"Yet YRC's Pierson also noted that the carrier is cutting back on its tractor-replacement effort as a result of its
focus on technology investments-a move that worries some industry analysts."

"CapEx (capital expenditures) remains one of the biggest issues facing the company, in our view, explained
analysts at Wall Street firm Stifel Nicolaus & Co. in a report issued this week on YRC's third quarter
performance."

"Fleet age remains at elevated levels, and given performance in the quarter, management plans to cut back on
what we perceive as already insufficient "normal" CapEx spend, Stifel pointed out. Beyond the obvious
maintenance cost issues, we fear that old tractors, and tired overtime drivers may be contributing to inflated BIPD
(bodily injuray and property damage) numbers."

"FTR's Starks also cautioned that there is no magical single bullet in terms a particular technology package's
ability to restore performance and profitability-especially in YRC's case."

That's right Jamie, forget about new tractors and trailers, and focus on handhelds! Handhelds will move the freight from point A to point B. Who cares about what kind of junk the drivers and dockmen have to work in! This article is almost laughable when you look at some of those quotes! Do these YRCW execs really know how to move freight? WTF!

:wtflol:

New labor contract and technology seen as solution for YRC

"Yet Welch stressed that, while the carrier "admittedly" took a step backward in its network optimization strategy,
YRC Freight isn't planning to make any other changes of this magnitude to it operations in the forseeable future."

"Eric Starks, president of research firm FTR Transportation Intelligence, told Fleet Owner that technology is
increasingly being viewed as a game changer in terms of long-term productivity enhancements across the
trucking landscape".

"To help forestall any more "self-inflicted wounds" of this nature, Jamie Pierson, YRC's CFO, said the company is
planning to focus more of its near-term capital expenditures on technology investments-especially new handheld
devices-to help boost productivity."

"This is where we get the most bang for the buck," Pierson explained, "All of our drivers in YRC Freight and our
regional companies have handhelds, but we're piloting new ones at (regional carriers) Holland and Reddaway
along with YRC Freight. Those will help us improve our load factor and workforce productivity."

"Yet YRC's Pierson also noted that the carrier is cutting back on its tractor-replacement effort as a result of its
focus on technology investments-a move that worries some industry analysts."

"CapEx (capital expenditures) remains one of the biggest issues facing the company, in our view, explained
analysts at Wall Street firm Stifel Nicolaus & Co. in a report issued this week on YRC's third quarter
performance."

"Fleet age remains at elevated levels, and given performance in the quarter, management plans to cut back on
what we perceive as already insufficient "normal" CapEx spend, Stifel pointed out. Beyond the obvious
maintenance cost issues, we fear that old tractors, and tired overtime drivers may be contributing to inflated BIPD
(bodily injuray and property damage) numbers."

"FTR's Starks also cautioned that there is no magical single bullet in terms a particular technology package's

That's right Jamie, forget about new tractors and trailers, and focus on handhelds! Handhelds will move the freight from point A to point B. Who cares about what kind of junk the drivers and dockmen have to work in! This article is almost laughable when you look at some of those quotes! Do these YRCW execs really know how to move freight? WTF!

:wtflol:
<<<<<<<<<<<< I think he's trying to say in a nice way that new technology doesn't-do well with outdated management .:burnsauce:

new equipment = less break downs, less lost time and better load factor. lower claims too. This management team has had their head buried in the sand for way too long.

When I first started in this biz. There were older guys whom came off jobs that closed the doors , they said to me when the company comes knocking for give backs always vote no !! , THEY WILL ClOSE THE DOOR ANYWAY.. soon it will be a reality.Not trying to sound proud about it , but look around this POS is old , tired and broken down they stole our money and it will never recover , its just ashame that we were one time the envy of the industry now a just a joke , 30 yrs and nothing to look foward to --to young to retire , the local will dry up with in the next 5 yrs and they too will laugh all the way to the bank. Good luck

My favorite is the 211 loads that come in with the jumper wire in the tail pup to make the lights work............................especially when they use it to jump the turn signals..............

<<<<<<<<<<<< I think he's trying to say in a nice way that new technology doesn't-do well with outdated management .:burnsauce:

The handhelds they bought earlier this year were outdated when they bought them. So let's waste some more money!!!!

Technology will help them make money?? Ohhhh and here I thought is was equipment that isn't old and breaks down would make money!!

The way some of these upper executives think that if our fleet breaks down on the roadside, it'll be free company advertisement to the public.

There was a rumor going around that they were going to give the fueling duties to the hookers instead of having a mechanic sit there and do nothing all day.

309 YRC Chicago

There was a rumor going around that they were going to give the fueling duties to the hookers instead of having a mechanic sit there and do nothing all day.

I really don't care who fuels the POS, Just get fuel in it before it hits the ready line so we can move the freight. The 14 hour clock is ticking . The yard guys get pissy if they have to get out of the bobtail they were sleeping in to do something .

Last edited by a moderator:
Who pays the hookers? :shrug:

He must be the same guy who came up with the Skeleton bills!
And I thought we were living in the Information age
When the girls in the office image the original Bill of Lading into the computer (get ready) IT ASKS IF YOU WANT A COPY !!!
DUH! Yes I want a copy fold in half please and I will use that as a movement copy loaded with information till a Delivery Receipt is needed!
Now go get some new equipment BIG DUMMY

If they need more tech wake up DA I posting this from a deer stand in the Missouri Ozarks!!
Smartphone, Wi-Fi and apps for freight!!
How dumb can smart people be?

I really don't care who fuels the POS, Just get fuel in it before it hits the ready line so we can move the freight. The 14 hour clock is ticking . The yard guys get pissy if they have to get out of the bobtail they were sleeping in to do something .

anymore I just take it & fuel enroute just enough to get where im goin. if they wont do their job they deserve to lose it.besides I was gonna stop for coffee anyway.