SAIA | new layoffs today

Well, I was the first city driver in the Las Vegas office to get the boot. From what I know there was 1 other city driver and 1 dock worker.

will these people be called back after things pick up?
sorry to here about your cuts.
im speaking from well experiance..............

I wonder if Jeff can knock off and ban IP address that come up to spy and never post anything? It might keep drivers out of trouble with their bosses that have nothing better to do than sit at a computer and spy on their employees trying to see what they do on their time off.:1036316054:

will these people be called back after things pick up?
sorry to here about your cuts.
im speaking from well experiance..............

I'm pretty sure they will unless they have found other work. Our billing clerk in Greenville was laid off, and we brought him back a couple months later.

I wonder if Jeff can knock off and ban IP address that come up to spy and never post anything? It might keep drivers out of trouble with their bosses that have nothing better to do than sit at a computer and spy on their employees trying to see what they do on their time off.:1036316054:
Why would he want to do this? I read the boards(and advertisements) for over a year, before I ever posted anything. Some aren't comfortable posting or simply have no desire to. Reading these boards is not "spying". Who cares if they're on here.

Sometimes I just don't have anything intelligent to say ! While working for a small company outside of Chicago for 7yrs , I never even considered working elsewhere .
I made GREAT money as a B driver & learned to drive a SEMI safely . The last 2yrs I did VERY well . But these days our company is really slow . Some days there's just not enough work . We're all taking turns staying home . And our slow period lies just ahead ! I REALLY DON'T want to leave this company , so I'm looking to find a little part-time job around Chicagoland . Sometimes it's interesting just hearing what other people in the industry have to say , because I know that these are tough days for most of us . I fear that the worst lies ahead !
Good Luck to all ! --CHET--

Sounds like you could use a little dose of Ozzy to help you through this othertrucker:

YouTube - Paranoid

:hysterical::hysterical:

Why would he want to do this? I read the boards(and advertisements) for over a year, before I ever posted anything. Some aren't comfortable posting or simply have no desire to. Reading these boards is not "spying". Who cares if they're on here.

Because one day Tim P is going to tell your boss to that you are spending to much time talking about saia on her and it is none of his business who or what you do or talk about on your on time. I was told to "steer" around this website when saia lost the 28 computers from greenville nc. TWICE i was told that talking about the matter was dangerous, especially on this website. i told them it was my business what, when, where, who, and how i talked about anuthink, when on my own time. we ultimatley think that is why i was let go in october and economic times was the coverup. by the way, saia did lose the computers, not me. i delivered the 28 cpu's two days before they were even lost. then two days later they gave me a bol with a different pro on it so saia though i had taken the computers. how convienient.

I worked for saia for 8 mths and would never work for them if it was the last place on earth

Sounds like you just got your first dose of what it's like in the freight business. All these "CHICKEN HAULA'S" think we make all the money and never have to put up with BS. I've been doin this since '78 and there has not been a BS free day. Stay in it long enough, Saia won't be the only company you will hate.:butt kiss:

Man that brought back some memories. Thanks. But no, I'm not paranoid, just concerned for my friends at saia. We don't need anybody :TR10driving03:. That's not cool. Stress level is extreeeeeemly high out there.

I hear you, OT. Just thought you could use the humor. I am on pins and needles with each layoff.

I've been in the freight business for 20years and have been on all side of trucking. I have worked as a driver,dock and mgmt-involved in 2 union company shut downs also-the industry is really bad and we need to hold on to what we got until the economy comes back. Good luck to all.

I worked for saia for 8 mths and would never work for them if it was the last place on earth
good ridens,dont need your kind,been here 10 yrs,doing just fine.you probably had an attitude so they let you go,or your work habits were so poor,looooooser:tongue0015::tongue0015::tongue0015:

I have talked to a few other drivers who know drivers from other terminals and a question was brought up to me:
Of those that were laid off, how many of them were either on or recently on Worker's Comp?
Could be a complete coinkidink, but a valid question just the same....

I have talked to a few other drivers who know drivers from other terminals and a question was brought up to me:
Of those that were laid off, how many of them were either on or recently on Worker's Comp?
Could be a complete coinkidink, but a valid question just the same....

none at gvl