ABF | New letter from Mr.Davidson

ABF states they are going to negotiate a contract with the Teamsters union, but everytime I receive a letter from ABF I think they really want their own agreement with the employees instead.

My thought is, if Yellow signs a national freight agreement will ABF be inclined to hold out for their own agreement as it appears this is what they really want.:hysterical:

We can't let them negotiate there own aggreement or take us out of the masterfrieght agreement either I worked over at GI trucking and they had there own pension and 401k and they stoped funing the pension and got taken over by Estes and know Estes wants to buy the pension out so I TELL ALL MY NEW ABF BROTHERS SAY NO TO ANYTHING MR DAVIDSON IS TRYING TO DO THEY ARE MAKING A TON OF MONEY ON ALL THE U-PACK DEPT. They can afford it.

Didn't you read the letter? it would be a pension managed by the Teamsters and ABF meaning there would be a negotiated dollar amount put in by the company.

iWe still shouldn't trust them i have seen guys retire and the teamster pension works the pension we have now they have a say!! so whats the differents im from san fernando yard in california and my fellow broothers want no part of his letters and dont trust mr Davidson he amkes tons of money and so does ABF

Contract

I think that ABF's contract will be a "me too" with the same wages as YRCW. There might some language to allow ABF to expand Preminum Service & UPACK. I'm sure that the negotiating committee wouldn't bring anything to the rank & file to vote on that had anything less than YRCW.
I think that ABF is serious about withdrawing from the pension fund(s). The time frame that I heard is that it will take 15 years to pay back the loan necessary to fund their obligation to Central States & set up a company plan overseen by a board like Central States. I think the company plan would be much like the UPS plan.
Keep in mind that a contract must be approved by the rank & file.
Keep in mind also that there are only rumors now. When the negotiating committee shows us a contract to vote on then we will know the truth.

It has been said that ABF will not sign a "me too" agreement.So we will see. Will ABF employee's get an inferior contract.UPS only pulled out of the central states fund.The writing in this letter looks to me ABF would like to pull out of all the funds.

It has been said that ABF will not sign a "me too" agreement.So we will see. Will ABF employee's get an inferior contract.UPS only pulled out of the central states fund.The writing in this letter looks to me ABF would like to pull out of all the funds.

all of the correspondence from Mr D seems to indicate his desire to appeal to his employees
(remember we're family) in order to have us influence our union leaders to give abf what it wants
so far what abf wants is the many concessions contained in the company videos we've been subjected too over the last year that were disguised as quarterly reports.
these videos were nothing short of a direct attempt to negotiate directly with his employees in order to by pass the union reps
a shortcut so to speak
concessions:
let's see the word flexibility jumps out of those videos
start times that change daily based on freight arrival times seems to be on their minds
controlling your retirement money in funds they administer is there also
these are just two big items on their agenda but if you use your imagination and intuitive powers there are many more.
remember in the last video, i don't recall his name, one of the speakers stated that the concessions awarded abf for the premium service or excuse me, RPM and i quote,
" were just the tip of the iceberg"
get ready boys for a rocky road

as far as pulling out of all teamster funds is that financially possible, maybe
abf would have to have some ::shit:: heavy line of credit for sure
abf is certainly no ups when it comes to moolah
ups made a lump sum payment to withdraw FROM CENTRAL STATES
i guess they even have limitations as ups has not delved into withdrawing from all of them
abf intends to get a revolving charge type payment plan, and if they do what happens in let's say 7 years they go belly up, what guarantees can they make
the withdrawal number abf speaks of is 600 mil, let's see now ups' initial offer was 4 billion which ended up at 6.1 billion and they paid up front plus the guaranteeing of benefits for their remaining employees in the fund
what will abf's final number be?
it will be obviously much more than they offer based on the simple fact they wish to pay over time
ups' initial offer was 4 bil which grew to 6.1 bil + guarantees + paying up front
so if you apply that logic.......
the initial 600 mil offered by abf will likely end up being in excess of 1 billion
and more importantly that would only be for withdrawing from central states
how much more would they need to withdraw from all the funds that are not affiliated with central states
like i said abf is not the cash cow ups is
however they will look for a "special" deal :butt kiss: will they get it ?
that my friend is up to us
that my friend is why they are attempting to negotiate directly with their employees and bypassing our legal bargaining agent, namely the union
if i were the union negotiators i would be very pissed off and play hard ball just as a response to that tactic:chairshot: :1036316054: :funky:

prediction:
look for a nmfa contract with a possible abf addendum
what will be contained in this addendum will be entirely up to us.
suggestion:
take out all of the concessions the companies gained over the years and give that to abf and you will see how fast they sign the same contract as everyone else

Yep, I think you're correct there Big Steve.
I wish that the company would negotiate the contract with the Union instead of their pre-contract posturing, with the required viewing of these q-reports and mailings. They are trying the old game of divide and conquer, at a higher level. We all need to stick together, road, city, dock, office, all of us. No matter how hard the management tries to divide us with their baloney. Just remember, save your money. We just cant afford to be any more flexible without the management doing a little flexing themselves.
If the company was so interested in attaining an objective requiring flexibility, then why are they sending out warning letters at a rate never seen before in ABF history. We are not going to be flexible in Chicago, since the management wants to hold out feet to the fire, issuing these petty warning letters.