FedEx Freight | new locks

J

junglejim

these new locks really suck we got our first taste of winter and they cant even hold up, they freez up and have had some that wont even lock back, who ever the company that sold these to fed ex must of seen them coming, what a waste of money.

these new locks really suck we got our first taste of winter and they cant even hold up, they freez up and have had some that wont even lock back, who ever the company that sold these to fed ex must of seen them coming, what a waste of money.

I hear you junglejim, but what can you do! I broke about 2 keys last winter with the master lock's, the new ambloy lock's do suck, but the bright side is the key's are a little more durable...

Expensive bad locks.

Yea I'm not liking them at all either guys.
The shanks are way to skinny for one
and they seem to not want to lock after
the dock has to heat them up so they
can open them. I'm thinking we made
a mistake.

they are a pain in the arse to unlock and have had a couple that wouldnt stay locked, I told the boss just like I told him about the new intermec handhelds. " I think Toys R Us would take them back "

And make sure after you take you glove off to reach into your pocket to get your key. Always put your glove back on in cold temp's or your fingers will stick to the lock. These are the worst yet for freezing up.:chairshot:

yeah I am not impressed myself ,also now b4 we back our trls into dock in POS we have to unlock trl because they arent giving the locks to dock people,is that some crap or what

you know I just realized I should have said keys instead of locks please please cut me some slack I had just got home and was sleepy and only got 4.5 hours sleep the day b4 please please forgive me

LOL... You're not the only one ! Its been a very long week getting caught up on the backed up freight! I read right around it....

what I hate about the locks is we now have to carry ANOTHER KEY!!. WhenI started here we had 2 keys for years til we got the VN Volvos. Then I got a KW key then another Volvo key now we have freightliner key. If my maths correct we need 7 keys !!

We've had the 2200 key for a LOOONG time, I'm sure there are tons out there that belong to "former" employees or customers. I've not had to use the locks, so I can't comment on that part.

Must admit these new locks are more time consuming to get unlocked. Also we have part timers whom are not allowed the new keys so they find one of us on line haul to barrow our key. Heard of 2 so far that would not lock several that have broken all together(inside parts) frozen and can't get opened and 1 that was hit by hi-lo? and popped lock open. Great thing these locks are, yaeh right:hysterical: . But on the other side those master lock keys could be cut at local lock smith and they been around so long anyone could have one and access our yard,building and car parking lot. Well it was time for new ones but someone was obliviuos :duh: to a quality lock. Just my 2 cents worth

Had a new lock last week it wouldn't unlock normally i'd take my hammer and whack it a couple time's like i used too do too the 2200 lock's ,they would unlock then but the new lock's wont,i think there a waste of our next bonus.:thumbsdown: :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2