FedEx Freight | new locks

Maybe they are taking care of the locks now how about the crappy doors one the last thousand new pups.They will come up a couple of feet and jam.Anyone else having running into this.:cuss:

I have run in to this alot!! I asked our shop about it and they said there is nothing wrong with them. The problem I have found is the bottom rollers are not straight and they jam so I just beat them straight and it usually takes care of the problem

Off topic.

Ok you guys lets keep this for the locks.

Start a new one for the doors if you want please.

I want the drivers to see this.

Ok I think we have finally got this right now. Today I had a trailer that had the new style Abloy lock on it , the lock is larger with a much heavier shank on it. The new lock fits very well on the latch and was much easier to work with. I would like to say thank you to all who contributed to the discussion here about these locks. I know that security in GO was keeping a eye on this and watching what we were saying about them. Last of all I would really like to say thank you to the guys down in GO that listened to us. Here are a couple pictures that I took today , notice how much better it fits and the thickness of the shank.

newlock1un4.jpg

newlock2jh5.jpg

New larger Alboy locks .

i have seen on new penn trucks the locks aren't on the handles they are higher up on the side of the door.they are easier to reach and no bending down on customer docks or backing in and their dock is to high to reach the dock.it would be nice if we had those on city trailers and vans.

i have seen on new penn trucks the locks aren't on the handles they are higher up on the side of the door.they are easier to reach and no bending down on customer docks or backing in and their dock is to high to reach the dock.it would be nice if we had those on city trailers and vans.

14wheeler can you provide pictures showing this as smoke has with the new "larger" lock?
this could help, that way go will not have to spend 4 - 5 or even 6 years trying to figure out where on the trailer would be best location, ok then some one has to draw up a blue print, etc
Lets make it real simple for them and cut all the red tape.
:biglaugh:

How high up were these locks? When I did P&D most of my deliveries were to places that didn't have docks and I was unlocking the lock from the ground. It was an old part of town.

roog

Maybe they are taking care of the locks now how about the crappy doors one the last thousand new pups.They will come up a couple of feet and jam.Anyone else having running into this.:cuss:

easiest way to fix that is use a forklift to pop the door :hide: :hide:

not that I did that or know anyone who would damage company property like that :hide:

I think they should put garage door openers on our trailers..cut down on :nutkick: injuries and get rid of the locks. :chairshot:

Help me out here whats your name....

Maybe one of my good New Penn friends could do this for us.

Hint , hint whats your name.....

Someone was asking about the new locks so I dug up this thread for you guys again.

Hey all heres a little info i found out. one of the reason we switch to the abloy lock is because master doesnt offer a key with a serial number for tracking. and that new dot regs state that carriers have to have a record of everyone that has a key and the number on the key. for hazmat reasons and becuase of 9/11 ect..
no doubt that abloy is not as good of a lock. although the new bigger do have a bigger shank on them so much that in order for them to fit we have to grind the holes in the lock holders larger.

Before Fedex discovered there were problems with the new locks I got written up for unlocked trailer when the damn abloy popped open in between some stops. My dumb a$$ OM was following me. I told him if he followed me b4 he would know I always lock my trailer. He asked me if I wanted a hug for doing so!! I about took his front teeth out. The writeup never got retracted.

when the new locks started to show up no one had the key, we must have cut two or three of them, or better yet was the ones that had already been cut because the hub or center before us didnt have a key either

Somebody down in the shop at HRO doing a little spring cleaning you suppose? Uh yeah, sure I'll go throw these in the dumpster boss. Or maybe things really are getting bad and they are having to sell off some of the parts inventory to be able to afford to put diesel in the trucks.

god knows they can't afford to stock parts!!!

i broke five trailers last night, 4 of them wasnt even locked. of course its cold and freezing i dont loke mine going home either, whats the point. oh by the way smoke what post has had the most replys, mine or some elses just curious