Yellow | "New Logo" Volvo spotted at 671..

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
While taking a "hard earned" break at 671, I spotted a new logo Volvo twin screw tractor out on the drop line. No "Big R" on the wind fairing just Roadway. No orange bumper......just blue, almost looked blue grey. This will take a little time to get used to, but for now......."I don't like it"!! I'm like a few others on this board....someone actually gets paid to change things like this :ranting: I'm wondering if the guy that decided to put the small Roadway Express logo on the sides of the trailers back in the late 90's had anything to do with this?? That got changed back to the big ROADWAY soon after. DS.

Would certainly enjoy a photo of it, if you get the chance. And I feel the same as you about this new logo stuff.

Jimmy B

Seems to me those pup trailers with the small Roadway Express on the side were the pups they were having refurbished to save money after we were spun off from Roadway Services.
Then when they started buying new pup trailers again they went back to the full size Roadway on the side of the trailer.
As far as I`m concerned it will always be the BIG R !!!!!!

logo and two more coo

i too like the old logo. but lets face it we are all getting older and can associate with the old logo.
these ipod equiped people of today don't even know what a turn signal is so it is more likeley that they don't know about our logo. so if they see the name roadway it might get processed in there somewhere.

if you listened to the web cast of the earnings report. how about change 2 scheduled this year and 3 next year?

JimmyB said:
Would certainly enjoy a photo of it, if you get the chance. And I feel the same as you about this new logo stuff.

Jimmy B
Hey Jimmy.........Every time I have my camera with me, I either don't get to go switching, or it's night time!! The day the new twin screw came in.......Mrs. DS needed to use it!! I'll try to get some photos of one and some of the Yellow equipment that I promised!!:1036316054: DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey Jimmy.........Every time I have my camera with me, I either don't get to go switching, or it's night time!! The day the new twin screw came in.......Mrs. DS needed to use it!! I'll try to get some photos of one and some of the Yellow equipment that I promised!!:1036316054: DS.

I will take a picture of it. Cuz I will be driving one of them this week for sure. Just to **** or the Road Drivers.............. What about that DS?

That's it.....I'm Telling!!!

671CityBoy said:
I will take a picture of it. Cuz I will be driving one of them this week for sure. Just to **** or the Road Drivers.............. What about that DS?
You had better hope Willie B don't see ya!! Nah he wouldn't say anything....but the others will!!:Bazzoka-Cow: Don't forget there is a posted memo about them blue tractors!! And don't grab "mine" I'll be doing some driving at 8 in the morning. DS.

just came from akron, and their using one in their city also. You can keep them city rats, there junk any way!:Sign-Cow:

Roadie8105 said:
Yes any pics would be appreciated.. I had heard of some new Sterlings (new logo) as well?!!? Any info on these?? What are the numbers on these new trucks???
Hey Roadie......I didn't catch the numbers when they were on the yard at 671. The photo on the front page of "Spotlight" started with 775. I think the twin screws have a number like that, right? I'll see what I can find out. DS.

Sorry guys, I saw another new twin screw come in tonight, but didn't have my camera on me......I'll try to do better. DS.

Hey 671 CB........where were you at today with your camera?? Another brand new twin screw came in. I did notice that the chain box is in the middle of the floor on these. DS.

I was burning up the roads

Docksteward said:
Hey 671 CB........where were you at today with your camera?? Another brand new twin screw came in. I did notice that the chain box is in the middle of the floor on these. DS.

It must have came in after I left. If you dont see me there it is cuz I am hard charging up and down the roads trying to out run the school busses.

if you get the spotlite magazine the new trk pics are on the front page! note its a road unit and there not using pups!! theres a whole bunch of 53ft trls sitting out back of the wabash trl factory in laffaette indiana plant