TForce | new message dvd

Sounds like your very busy Valerie.

My wife is a school bus driver.
She has 2 appy riding horses,1 pony,1 pinto miniture,2 mid sized goats,3 house cats.

And because we have a barn,people that don't want their cats anymore throw theirs over our fence.

I'd like to take them to the animal pound ,but my wife is an animal lover,she looks for homes and we have to feed them in the mean time.

Oh well whatever makes her happy.
she takes real good care of me,and I know when ever I get done working every night Shes always home.

How big is your farm? Do you have a lot of animals?

I hope you have enough help .

My wife says I'm to nosey,I just tell her no way I'm just interested.
May be its the same as she says but it sounds better.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

I worked for a carting company back in the 60's..

They hired their trucks and drivers out to companies to haul LTL freight,do rigging moving big machines around,they also did house hold moving and storage.

When I started with my last full time union LTL comany,I was put on their lay-off list for the first four years .
I'd get day work with them.
I told my TM that if he couldn't garrentee me at least 3 days a week so I could mount up my union benefits,I'd work as a spare for this union carting company.
He liked my work,and good attitude,so he agreed to hold my full time spot untill he could use me more.

I worked for this carting company about 6 months and was called back to work at least 4 to 5 days a week,untill someone retired and others were hired under me.

Anyway about a year later the cartage contract ran out.

The company I spared at was struck.
When talks broke down,they couldn't agree to the union demands.

Things got really nasty.
Cut tires broken windows,so bad they closed out their LTL,and moving divisions,letting all but 2 drivers go.

And re-opened rigging,only.

I tell you what, I've seen real nice friendly union guys turn into animals when they can't get their way,or what they think they may be missing out on.
I was very thankful I wasn't working for them when that happened.

wassesname said:
dont watch it at supper time. a good time would be after you clean the stable and you still have your boots on.

Hey, I just wish I had someone besides me to clean those stalls!!!!!

Silverhawk1 said:
The video makes a lot of sense to me. It showed the teamster union's true colors. I believe everyone needs to see this again.
i'm with ya.... I saw alot of these so called peaceful activities myself.......:smilie_132:Without and with watching the DVD i saw the Teamsters true colors come out......

Animo916 said:
Skeeter,

From what I've read, the DVD gives reasons why UPSF should remain non union. Whether from UPS directly or from Leo, it doesn't really matter, as I mentioned in my previous post, it is nothing more than a one sided point of view, based solely on what your company wants to tell you.
So we are to believe everything the teamsters say is not one sided give me a break........:duh:

skull said:
Gordon M. says union is bad. I wonder how much he makes? Does he get sick days. Does he get more money by cutting my OT? How hard does he work? Has he ever driven a set in a ice storm and spun out and wonder if he still had a job? WHY WOULD HE EVER NEED A UNION/
How much do the Teamster bosses make ?The same as Mr Gordon ...And the Ceos at these Union represented companies are also making huge money so stop blaming someone in mgmt because They made it to the top ....All Big shots make huge money whether they are Union or not.....:wavey:

Skeeter said:
Well put you might also add he wouldn't even have a job if not for the drivers.
I did forget to add my last post we have to give up the first two days to get sick leave. That forces men with families that can't afford to miss work to work sick. I told this to Leo and his response was about the cost to the company.
I have a memo that states sick time will stay the same this year but will change to mirror the Ups non union rules....5 personal days for sick days.......:rolleyes:

Animo916 said:
You know what Silverhawk,

The teamster crap you speak of, is according to Overnite management. No more. No less. Nothing more than a one sided view of the situation. Did the video mention the $10,000 Overnite paid to one of their employees to sabatage Overnite equipment? I highly doubt it.

I walked the line with the guys from Overnite , Long Island. We played football in the street, had cookouts, bought them pizza, donuts and coffee, and also contributed $10 per month out of pocket to assist in any way it could. When somone would cross the line, we all unanimously gave the scab a mouthful. Was there any violence? Not at our line.
No we saw this stuff happen first hand...And we sent lots of guys to Long Island to get the freight delivered or did you forget that....:cool:

Silverhawk1 said:
Get off the LEO crap! I don't need him to make decisions fro me... not now or ever. and as for stereotyping the teamsters go. I realize that "ALL" teamsters didn't do this stuff. But it is really hard to pick out Johnny, Jimmie, Jack and Jeffery when they are all in a huge pack waving there signs and spewing vulgarities and throwing crap at you.

I have openly said that if there was a "Company wide" vote that determined that we the employees of UPGF would become teamster represented. I would respect that decision. But until that time I expect the same respect on my decision to remain non-union. There are some here that continue to spew crap at me and others here saying stuff like "We are one of Leo's puppets" "Stupid" "Cry baby" and the list goes on and on. It is almost like there is a huge pack of teamsters here in this forum too. doing the same stuff...
Thats the way they play if you have an non union view you are wrong..but all union supporters are right.......:duh:

Apostolic said:
For many years i've brought a small camara with me in my lunch box.
We had a big rain storm,one of our customers docks was water running in their dock door.
I couldn't get in with out a row boat.
I called in but my dispatcher,than the TM just couldn't understand?
Well i didn't say another word just came to the terminal whipped out my little camara and showed them the photos.
Their responce (WOW!!!!!!!!!)
How true a picture speaks a thousand words.Also works very well with traffic jams.

I've also used it for questionable accidents.
Also claim exceptions.
My, my nothing like the didgital age we live in.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.
I always bring my digital camera with me, Y:duh: ou never know when something can and will happen......

Johnnybegood said:
Thats the way they play if you have an non union view you are wrong..but all union supporters are right.......:duh:

JBG,

I have seen more name calling from your fellow workers that want to unionize than I have from myself and fellow Teamsters that post on this board. I have always repsected your right to choose either for or against Teamster representation. While my personal feelings and experiences have shown me, at least in my career, that It was better off for me to be on a Teamster job. These are the reasons I give when I reply to questions or statements that are made.

Welcome back. Your short disappearence was duely noted. Now let's get on to the really important stuff. 4 game series starts tonight.....NY vs. Boston OH MY!!

Johnnybegood said:
No we saw this stuff happen first hand...And we sent lots of guys to Long Island to get the freight delivered or did you forget that....:cool:

Forget it???
I watched the guys cross the lines firsthand also.