ODFL | New Motel Reimbursment Policy

imported_Skywalker

TB Lurker
Credits
Had to buy my own hotel room the other night since the prefered one was sold out.Like always when I got back home I thought I would get my money back but was wrong. Seems there has been a change in giving drivers' their refund from the petty cash drawer.Boss man now has to feel out a form and send it in , along with my reciept to Corporate and was told I would be getting a check in the mail.This is something new so just letting you guys know so you'll be prepared.

Had to buy my own hotel room the other night since the prefered one was sold out.Like always when I got back home I thought I would get my money back but was wrong. Seems there has been a change in giving drivers' their refund from the petty cash drawer.Boss man now has to feel out a form and send it in , along with my reciept to Corporate and was told I would be getting a check in the mail.This is something new so just letting you guys know so you'll be prepared.

This not good.Who started it ?

I don't know if this is company wide as most OD's policy's are crisis mangement knee jerk reactions. We had some of this BS for a while with a receipt book you had to sign when reimbursed for tolls. This happened after someone snuck their lunch receipt in with their tolls and got a free lunch on OD.

its been like this for a whyle
if the hotel is sold out get another room...its ok you will get your money back in a week or so.

the thing is you should not have to wait that long alot of drivers are out for weeks at a time it's kind of hard for them to wait when you get home especially if the only room you can find is over a $100.00

then try to get your money back from petty cash. if not talk to your term manager and see if he can get a check for rembursement through one of these terms you go through.
and if not for that either...just go home and tell them if they cant get you the room or money then your time out running will be cut short next time.

Im not sure who's idea it was but it came from Corporate. Something about taxes is what I was told why.Maybe there has been some petty cash missing again too who knows.

Like Beeman said it's probably just a reaction to something,maybe it will pass.