Holland | New Old Trailers

Chris616

TB Lurker
Credits
We had a meeting this morning at YRCF and was told we were putting 475 vans out of service and Holland was getting them. I don't know which ones but I will let you guys know as soon as I find out. If it is the old Roadway 900 series or Yellow's 310 series, I apologize in advance.

We had a meeting this morning at YRCF and was told we were putting 475 vans out of service and Holland was getting them. I don't know which ones but I will let you guys know as soon as I find out. If it is the old Roadway 900 series or Yellow's 310 series, I apologize in advance.

I got something for you too. Left it in the 1st stall toilet of the mens bathroom, no wrapping needed. I also "apologize" in advance.

Apology accepted. Maybe our brain trusts will send these buggers down to Wabash in Lafayette IN and get them re-boxed, to garner another 10 years of service out of them. At approximately $12,000 per unit to re-box, we can get 3 re-boxed to the cost of one new Stoughton wagon. Wait a minute, I'm thinking "out of the box" and I'm just a truck driver.. Can't have that, management will get frightened.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been pulling much better trailers the last few weeks. They must have retired a lot of the junk, it sure is nice!

Our yard in Memphis is full off 209 series that have been retired ( Literally ) and our brand painted over. At least 50 trailers stacked up at our place.

Storage trailers at our barn. Yea YRC-ATM the YRC 48's we use in the city and it never fails that I have to swing a city peddle to another trailer daily. I can't blame the city guys because they are junk.

Thanks to YRCW Corp. for giving us junk trailers when ,HOLLAND IS THE CASH COW for YRCW !!!!

Storage trailers at our barn. Yea YRC-ATM the YRC 48's we use in the city and it never fails that I have to swing a city peddle to another trailer daily. I can't blame the city guys because they are junk.
We had one that the gear collapsed on. Several have been found with busted or bent gear brackets

Go ahead blame them.......it can't be your fault :D

Griz.
From now on you need to be sure to pre-trip the trailers before you put freight on them, if you need to use a tractor to put a trailer to the dock....pre-trip the tractor, and don't forget that pre-trip on your forklift each day.

:biglaugh:

WHAT? I"m sorry I didn't make a pre trailer inspection before loading the peddle. It's early maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.

I'm just trying to get your dander up, everone has been getting along way to nicely on here lately.