Holland | New Old Trailers

I'm just trying to get your dander up, everone has been getting along way to nicely on here lately.
Sounds like a good opportunity for me to say something that ruffles people's feathers.......and light this forum on fire.:hide:

:nono_h4h: Nope. Not going to do it. I've been screening my posts better now, making sure not to accidently offend anyone. The softer, more compassionate side, ya know.lol

I know they installed all of those camera's in Milwaukee because of a certain dock worker (YRC-ATM), but why on earth did they install that huge hunk of concrete next to the driveway. You know someone is going to tear up the rear left corner of a trailer, or at least knock the alignment off bouncing off of that and it looks like crap.

I know they installed all of those camera's in Milwaukee because of a certain dock worker (YRC-ATM), but why on earth did they install that huge hunk of concrete next to the driveway. You know someone is going to tear up the rear left corner of a trailer, or at least knock the alignment off bouncing off of that and it looks like crap.
Why they didnt just pave it is beyond me. It used to be higher, they actually chipped it down. And now its painted orange. I usually enter from the north anyway. The cameras are a result of a couple of high dollar pieces of freight gone missing, the collection box getting stolen from, and cars getting keyed. Not going to point fingers but we didnt have that problem before part timers.

Apology accepted. Maybe our brain trusts will send these buggers down to Wabash in Lafayette IN and get them re-boxed, to garner another 10 years of service out of them. At approximately $12,000 per unit to re-box, we can get 3 re-boxed to the cost of one new Stoughton wagon. Wait a minute, I'm thinking "out of the box" and I'm just a truck driver.. Can't have that, management will get frightened.
Con/Way has done that for years!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::usa2:

We had a meeting this morning at YRCF and was told we were putting 475 vans out of service and Holland was getting them. I don't know which ones but I will let you guys know as soon as I find out. If it is the old Roadway 900 series or Yellow's 310 series, I apologize in advance.

While getting a mud flap replaced on # 560476 last Friday, The Mechanic told me they had a meeting on Wed. and he said all the newest Roadway and Yellow 53's were going to Holland. These are the last ones purchased before the concessions. We are keeping the ones purchased used from truck load carriers.
:shift:

While getting a mud flap replaced on # 560476 last Friday, The Mechanic told me they had a meeting on Wed. and he said all the newest Roadway and Yellow 53's were going to Holland. These are the last ones purchased before the concessions. We are keeping the ones purchased used from truck load carriers.
:shift:

Worn out junk no doubt !!!!!

We had one that the gear collapsed on. Several have been found with busted or bent gear brackets

Doesn't Holland inspect them before putting them into service? We have some at New Penn and some old Holland trailers. Don't think we have too many problems with them. But it's weird not having a trailer with the sky light type roof.