FedEx Freight | New options on Peterbilts

As a mechanic, I'm liking the floor access hole. SHOULD be easier working on the transmission...

Must be a PITA to replace the motor assembly on those POS. Eaton autoshifts with no floor access panel.. or replace simple sensors... Especially after a few winters with all the sand and salt buildup .. ugh

RC has known about floor access panels for several years. He read on the internet that so-called drivers, particularly those from British Columbia, have been using floor access panels to facilitate certain bodily functions.

RC has known about floor access panels for several years. He read on the internet that so-called drivers, particularly those from British Columbia, have been using floor access panels to facilitate certain bodily functions.
Only the guys who run in three man teams do that. All that curry has to go somewhere, and you can usually tell those trucks a mile off. They're three different colors and are held together with more duct tape and baling wire than a YRC Sterling.

But, that transmission BLOWS!!!!
The whole tune they have on these newer trucks blows! On a incline boost pressure kicks fully in just underneath half. So of course if you were trying to pass somebody and damn near were close to overtaking them....here comes a incline making you lag and starting from scratch to pass again. Smh! Those old R&L Macks were setup the same way. The only difference was they did 68-70mph on flat ground though! Atleast give us that. Hell I'm the first bid out in my lane and I'm always heavy.

The whole tune they have on these newer trucks blows! On a incline boost pressure kicks fully in just underneath half. So of course if you were trying to pass somebody and damn near were close to overtaking them....here comes a incline making you lag and starting from scratch to pass again. Smh! Those old R&L Macks were setup the same way. The only difference was they did 68-70mph on flat ground though! Atleast give us that. Hell I'm the first bid out in my lane and I'm always heavy.
Get used to it, I'm on the first run and watch everyone that runs behind me beats me to the meet point and by the time I get back there walking out the gate. Now with the new 2 second rule with the elog these new trucks are terrible. But five years from now when they drive there self then we will be wishing we just had a job

It's not a race
Get used to it, I'm on the first run and watch everyone that runs behind me beats me to the meet point and by the time I get back there walking out the gate. Now with the new 2 second rule with the elog these new trucks are terrible. But five years from now when they drive there self then we will be wishing we just had a job

I'm not picking on you specifically Gator but in all honesty, it's not a race. We have OUR DRIVERS all over the place that will not back out of their truck for 10 seconds to let a slightly faster truck pass. Elephant races they are called, or a 6 mile pass. I know you've all been there. My Cascadia barely hits 65, so I end up backing out of it more than I do pass anyone on my Fargo relay. Yes, even for FXF or *gasp* another company.

This has become my biggest pet peeve, how does anyone call themselves a professional if this is happening next to you and you can help fix it?

Bottom line with these different trucks, different tire height, different weights, different engines, different bladder sizes; it's the driver needs to adjust since we can't adjust the trucks ourselves. It's up to us to get the freight there on-time, intact and damage free so we can get back safely and go home, not necessarily first.

roog

It's not a race

I'm not picking on you specifically Gator but in all honesty, it's not a race. We have OUR DRIVERS all over the place that will not back out of their truck for 10 seconds to let a slightly faster truck pass. Elephant races they are called, or a 6 mile pass. I know you've all been there. My Cascadia barely hits 65, so I end up backing out of it more than I do pass anyone on my Fargo relay. Yes, even for FXF or *gasp* another company.

This has become my biggest pet peeve, how does anyone call themselves a professional if this is happening next to you and you can help fix it?

Bottom line with these different trucks, different tire height, different weights, different engines, different bladder sizes; it's the driver needs to adjust since we can't adjust the trucks ourselves. It's up to us to get the freight there on-time, intact and damage free so we can get back safely and go home, not necessarily first.

roog
Well spoken, roog. I couldn't have said it better myself. There are a lot of drivers out there determined to run to the mat all day everyday, and you just can't anymore. When we're all within 2mph of each other, the weight of the load plays a big part in climbing hills and acceleration.

I live by the belief that if they really want to get by me, it's better to back off and let them go.

I'm hearing a lot of people complaining that the ride is bumpy, the airbags have no give can the shop fix this issue?

I'm hearing a lot of people complaining that the ride is bumpy, the airbags have no give can the shop fix this issue?

Yes, they are pretty rough. They have the large curved spring on the front with airbag behind, not the 4 airbag setup that the Kenworths have. Haven't driven one yet with air cab to see if they're better or not.

roog