ABF | New P&d driver

YOUNGBLOOD

TB Lurker
Credits
I should be starting at ABF soon doing p&d. Can anyone give me some info on what its going to be like.(how many hrs,days off,overtime) Do the new guys get the worst of P&d? I'll be in the Georgia area. THANKS!

YOUNGBLOOD said:
I should be starting at ABF soon doing p&d. Can anyone give me some info on what its going to be like.(how many hrs,days off,overtime) Do the new guys get the worst of P&d? I'll be in the Georgia area. THANKS!

Welcome to the boards YOUNGBLOOD and good luck with the new job.

In my opinion you've hooked up with one of the best run LTL carriers in the business.

Welcome to the Family. If you are at a small terminal then you should expect to hit the 60 hr limit most weeks. Especially if you are somewhere that only has 3 or so drivers. I run P & D in Kernersville where there is 22 bid P & D drivers so I usually only work about 50 per week. Some weeks less, some weeks more.
As far as getting the junk, so what, a bad day on the street beats any good day on the dock!!!
Good luck and work safe.:shades:

Welcome Youngblood: Where in Georgia. I work at 088 the Athens-Gainesville terminal. There are only 5 of us here, each working 55 to 60+ hours per week. Suppose to be hiring a new guy on Wednesday, we'll see if that cuts the hours any. HA! HA! HA!

good luck youngblood and welcome to the madness,,,,,,,,,,,,, just kidding
up here in ny we have a 50 man barn and everyone is maxing out in hours including the dock guys $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:bananapowerslide: :shades:

Harleydad75 said:
As far as getting the junk, so what, a bad day on the street beats any good day on the dock!!!:shades:
Welcome to the boards Youngblood.....by the way, what's wrong with the dock! LOL DS.

Docksteward said:
Welcome to the boards Youngblood.....by the way, what's wrong with the dock! LOL DS.
Sorry man, no offense. I was on the dock about 8 years and was ready to get off. The only time I could touch weekends off was to bid nights or call in sick. We only have about 55 on the dock and even being number 30 wasn't that great of choices at bid time. I am much happier now in the City.

Harleydad75 said:
Sorry man, no offense. I was on the dock about 8 years and was ready to get off. The only time I could touch weekends off was to bid nights or call in sick. We only have about 55 on the dock and even being number 30 wasn't that great of choices at bid time. I am much happier now in the City.
Just kidding HD75.......In my opinion you guys have it made "up on the hill". I'm glad you could get over on the P+D side. Some of the guys at my place have been waiting for 5+ years to get to the city and can't get over there. DS.

Youngblood - wondering how you're doing?

No new posts here recently - are you still around, ribbitt ribbitt? Reply - I'll give you a comparison from up here in VT.

Of course Jan is not a good time to compare work notes..."what did you do today...nothing...":hysterical: