ODFL | New P&D Handhelds coming

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
Well,OD will start replacing the old bulky heavy handhelds very soon.They are replacing with a very nice Samsung Unit.They are like a smart phone and will have a military grade case and clip and will update when we receive our's in the next few week's.

Well,OD will start replacing the old bulky heavy handhelds very soon.They are replacing with a very nice Samsung Unit.They are like a smart phone and will have a military grade case and clip and will update when we receive our's in the next few week's.
I heard the test that convinced OD to go with these was they let Billy run over it with his mower, and it still worked....

The P&D supervisor was in town recently about costing errors and ROI . He told us CLT and GBO were the first to get them and everybody else would have them before the end of the first quarter. We asked what were they and he told us to look what kind walmart is using LOL. Walmart is using the Symbol brand so looks like he was wrong.He also told us the software could not be transfered over to the new device because it is so outdated , so we all get to learn from scratch again.

It beats carving on tablets... You old fart!!!

My grandma always said "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me"
"Go feed your goats"
BTW,,, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Reactions: Ump
Speaking of carving on tablets...I still have one of those pencils they gave us in first grade. The ones that are as big as an elephants trunk and you had to prop them on your shoulder as you wrote with them??

Damn, and Ump calls me old?

The P&D supervisor was in town recently about costing errors and ROI . He told us CLT and GBO were the first to get them and everybody else would have them before the end of the first quarter. We asked what were they and he told us to look what kind walmart is using LOL. Walmart is using the Symbol brand so looks like he was wrong.He also told us the software could not be transfered over to the new device because it is so outdated , so we all get to learn from scratch again.
It's basically the same.Just in a Android Form.We have been testing several different ones.But,the Samsung we are going with is about the size of the S8.Very nice & thin.They are replacing the old handhelds because they are outdated and unable to get parts to repair.Samsung found out that OD was testing different company's and they jumped and really are making them work.OD can buy 4 Samsung's for the price of 1 of the other's.They will operate just like a Smartphone.I was told we were getting our's this next week.They will have a nice rugged case and clip just like the Otterbox.You will be able to use a S8 charger cable on them.

It's basically the same.Just in a Android Form.We have been testing several different ones.But,the Samsung we are going with is about the size of the S8.Very nice & thin.They are replacing the old handhelds because they are outdated and unable to get parts to repair.Samsung found out that OD was testing different company's and they jumped and really are making them work.OD can buy 4 Samsung's for the price of 1 of the other's.They will operate just like a Smartphone.I was told we were getting our's this next week.They will have a nice rugged case and clip just like the Otterbox.You will be able to use a S8 charger cable on them.

Last time I heard talk like that was with them damn locks.

OEq3iQQ.jpg