Central Transport | New pad updates

Not_wanted

TB Veteran
Credits
another driver showed me his pad today, just got an update. not much new, just easier to get around. now have drop down menu with labels "lunch, breakdown, en route to terminal, fueling".

the lunch one is probably to verify the 30 minute break within 8 hours of work beginning next month going into full force. this will be interesting, pitting us against dispatch....

driver " i need to punch in my lunch break, call you back in 30 minutes"

dispatch " i need this picked up NOW, who cares if you went 9 hours without a break"

if you get pulled over and cannot show 30 minutes between your stops (times you put on bottom of DR) or show an electronic logbook also showing that, you are in violation of fed and vitran rules.... fired or fined,,,,,terminated for violating company policy,,,,,,your choice

another driver showed me his pad today, just got an update. not much new, just easier to get around. now have drop down menu with labels "lunch, breakdown, en route to terminal, fueling".

the lunch one is probably to verify the 30 minute break within 8 hours of work beginning next month going into full force. this will be interesting, pitting us against dispatch....

driver " i need to punch in my lunch break, call you back in 30 minutes"

dispatch " i need this picked up NOW, who cares if you went 9 hours without a break"

if you get pulled over and cannot show 30 minutes between your stops (times you put on bottom of DR) or show an electronic logbook also showing that, you are in violation of fed and vitran rules.... fired or fined,,,,,terminated for violating company policy,,,,,,your choice
And who's azz would that be H.E?....Let me guess!!!

a few issues he told me about:

en route-arrive ect are now following each other on screen punch one and the next comes up. when unloading he backed out to double check his pickups making sure he was not going to drive by one, had to start delivery process over, so from en route to unloading all was within 5 seconds (gee, NFI coming being accused of not doing it right?) took pictures of all four sides of a skid for an exception number, only one went to imaging. updates of your doings ding back at you, as in a minute to 5 after you deliver it will come back and say "a delivery/pickup has been updated" so by the time you get back into traffic your system is beeping, and being human nature, you are reading your pad while driving because your next stop may not be 3 blocks, it might be 30 miles into the next town, and you were suppose to go to the other side of the same building for shipping docks.

enter day start/end miles, fuel put in, GPS is suppose to prompt you to enter miles at state line, dunno if that works.

update only takes about 10 seconds to download, and maybe less to install. do not know if anything changed in background yet (as in they know you are moving but reading your pad) so if you have an accident, THEY TOLD YOU NOT TO.. your hung,, miss a pickup driving through country because you did not pull over to read your pad (without going into ditch),,, your hung.

he mentioned it did read bar codes faster, and the program locks up when he tries to shut pad off at night

these stupid tablets arent designed for this stuff anyways, taking pics kills the battery life. another stupid idea from keylon and his cronies. why don't you worry about getting freight to customers on time as well as picking up the same day they call in.

a few issues he told me about:

en route-arrive ect are now following each other on screen punch one and the next comes up. when unloading he backed out to double check his pickups making sure he was not going to drive by one, had to start delivery process over, so from en route to unloading all was within 5 seconds (gee, NFI coming being accused of not doing it right?) took pictures of all four sides of a skid for an exception number, only one went to imaging. updates of your doings ding back at you, as in a minute to 5 after you deliver it will come back and say "a delivery/pickup has been updated" so by the time you get back into traffic your system is beeping, and being human nature, you are reading your pad while driving because your next stop may not be 3 blocks, it might be 30 miles into the next town, and you were suppose to go to the other side of the same building for shipping docks.

enter day start/end miles, fuel put in, GPS is suppose to prompt you to enter miles at state line, dunno if that works.

update only takes about 10 seconds to download, and maybe less to install. do not know if anything changed in background yet (as in they know you are moving but reading your pad) so if you have an accident, THEY TOLD YOU NOT TO.. your hung,, miss a pickup driving through country because you did not pull over to read your pad (without going into ditch),,, your hung.

he mentioned it did read bar codes faster, and the program locks up when he tries to shut pad off at night

no more stopping at the honey's sugar shack for an afternoon delight. How often are they pinging the pads gents ?

wonder if they'll have a restroom buttons to push. arrive, relieve, flush and wash up. lol. maybe we need to take a pic as well. :hysterical:

All of this is in vain........None of it matters if we continue to destroy the customers freight .....We need to keep our eye on the ball. I have seen nothing to change the way we load outbound...STACK....STACK....STACK....No decking means more damage. And more importantly.....Certain failure.

I think mgrs need to go out in the trucks and see what happens out in the field . Before the start any more policies. I know not in the numbers!!!!! Just sick of the RUBBERNECKING!!!!:bananag:

All of this is in vain........None of it matters if we continue to destroy the customers freight .....We need to keep our eye on the ball. I have seen nothing to change the way we load outbound...STACK....STACK....STACK....No decking means more damage. And more importantly.....Certain failure.
Is it just me?? Are they putting the cart before the horse.....I just don't get this place....Our biggest problems is damages.....Lets address that first.

right on RT....other carriers can miss a pickup, or delay a delivery too, but NOTHING matters more than delivering DAMAGE FREE.

granted we do have sometimes to much labor involved (which the pads were suppose to detect but my terminal's clock strokers are still doing) incomplete pre and post trips, worn out equipment, ect.

customer needs:
1) delivery damage free
2) deliver on time

i believe the number 1 still comes first in the list

I think mgrs need to go out in the trucks and see what happens out in the field . Before the start any more policies. I know not in the numbers!!!!! Just sick of the RUBBERNECKING!!!!:bananag:

been saying that for years and all I get is blown off with comments like you really think that will help anything.

been saying that for years and all I get is blown off with comments like you really think that will help anything.

i got a story about that happening to me...

did that at another company i drove for, one customer treated our drivers so bad we actually set our phones to record before we entered docks. i was the first to refuse to ever go back, bobtailed home 60 miles, cleaned out my truck and went home for weekend, i was not serious, never walked out on a job before, but it got the VP to call me and actually listen. that morning he rode with me to go get a dropped trailer there, i introduced him as a new driver who needed some polishing on his skills so he was riding with me for a week or so, dock worker took it from there, 4 letter words, cutting down company...... VP pulled out his business card and asked him if his resume' was current. we walked to their Pres's office,,,,,, in 5 minutes it was understood either he is fired, or we pull all trailers and cancel contract (95% of their shipments were on us, spotted 20 some trailers there, about 15 to 20 loads a day to Texas) Pres went out and fired guy and gave me his business card with cell phone number on it, said if i had any problems with replacement to call him direct.

the next week i sold all my swamp land in Az to that guy for a huge profit

GOTCHA :banana:

everyone got an OS update today from Android/Google. my pad runs faster i think, and the bar code reader seems to pick up pro numbers faster, otherwise works and looks the same

Freaking GPS keeps taking me down no truck zones.....Almost got a ticket today. Didn't see the sign, turns out it was knocked down.

Freaking GPS keeps taking me down no truck zones.....Almost got a ticket today. Didn't see the sign, turns out it was knocked down.

my garmin and my old tom tom did the same, only way around is to by something like PC MILER truck routing, regular GPS i can choose car, bike, or walking.