Central Transport | New Pay Scale

babygurl82

TB Lurker
Credits
What does everyone think is going to happen the 14th when the new pay scale is announced?? PJAX, Vitran, and Chris will all be under the same pay scale. This can't be good for everyone can it?? I've heard rumors that there is going to be no OT till 50 hours...

July, as in Monday... I think its announced the 14 then its all takes effect August 20th. Not sure about that date though. I think thats what I read last night on the memo on the board. Whats the gap for? Replacement time for all the people that leave?

the letter we got at pjax said the payscale will be announced the week of july 14 th and it will go into effect august 4th . .

no overtime til after 50 hours? f@#$ that!!! i cant even get 40 at my barn!!! if that rumor is true what a joke this company has become!!! was thinking about new payscale after "the letter", every other ltl company in the louisville area top out at least $20-$24/hour dont think $20.00 is enough anymore to put up with this crap!!:*******:

I was thinking since we at pjax make a little more on the top end, they would bring vitran up to our pay scale, but most likley they would also not get overtime till after 45 along with us. Im hopeing to get some of their vacation benifits, i guess they can split up a week of vacation and take as little as a half day at a time. maybe get some sick time added in the mix for us as well.

Ok, everybody PANIC!!!! and run for the doors!!!

PJax LVL is having there meeting with the big shots July 14th. I have a man there that'll fill us all in on what's be said. Until then, I don't think there's anything we can worry about.

as follows ot after 50 tier 1 22.50 tier 2 21.50 tier 3 20.50 all linehaul 50.25cpm no drop and hook pay 4 years to scale

so vitran1 how do you know this info? nothing was said at my barn, only that a new video was going to be out soon to let us in on the new pay scale. j hartman was at our barn bout a year ago and told us drivers that we would not lose our 40 hour work week!

really lou, you believe :toxic: hartman? give me a break! he's say anything to not cause an uproar! if that scale is true pjax is getting the shaft! and this tier system is f'ed up how do they determine how a terminal is at what tier? i believe evansville just got bumped up a tier cause noone wanted to work for vitran there. tell me how is this fair for other terminals? nashville and louisville are at tier 3 levels? the cities of louisville and nashville are 3x the size of evansville!!!! louisville at 3 is a joke! :hysterical: louisville has every major company to compete with and if im getting paid peanuts then what kinda work you think im going to give!?

Some will lose (Us), and some will gain (Management), but it'll be fair (for Management). I hate this company, if I didn't have a route that I liked, I'd have jetted along time ago. This really shows me how much management thinks of it's employees. In years I've been here, they've taken away the OT after 8, pins, pay raises, and willingness to do a good job. I get in my truck everyday upset that this company is going backwards whereas all the other LTL's all growing there workforces, expanding, paying their men a good wage. I know the economy is slow right now, and most of us are stuck here for now...I don't see me staying when and if the opportunity to leave presents itself. "til then, there's no way I'd give these jack holes a penny mores worth of work. I'm broke now, this isn't going to help me, it's going to hurt me. I don't like people that hurt me...Loyalty to Vitran?..not anymore.

I know what I'm earning now...if I have to stay in the truck hours longer aday, I will, I'm not going to let my family starve. I'll get mine!

They have said nothing here yet either. I think that they are trying to have individual meetings with each of the terminals. How thats going to happen, I have no clue, but from what I have heard...everyone should know in the company for sure by the middle of next week. Everything is sure being kept hush hush. Kind of odd!?!?

Was it like this in the other vitran mergers?

think about it why keep it hush hush? because the drivers arent going to like it!!!!! 40 hour week or 45 hour week easy enough to still get lil bit of overtime pay right, right! bump it to 50 and lets see how many get overtime? drivers ask yourself this ? how many of you get 50+ hours a week? safe to say less than half!! (current pjax scale) so lets say im a topped out pjax driver in lvl making $21/hour working 50 hours per week 5 is going to be overtime at 50 hours i gross 1102.50, now with the new scale at 20.50 will gross 1025.00------$77.50 less/week, $310.00 less/month $3720.00/year plus remeber in the &quot;video&quot; the &quot;cost of insurance is going up&quot; so now if i want my family to have insurance even more money coming out of my already thinned wallet! for vitran drivers not taking the biggest hit but still a hit of $110.80/month $1329.60/year <-----thats a nice christmas for my children :tongue0002::cuss::ranting2: