Central Transport | New Pay Scale

this 50 hour work weeks are for the birds, VITRAN CORP keep it to a 40 hour work week! think you would get so much more out of your drivers if they were happy and not feeling like we just took it without vaseline

All we can say is "Here Vitran goes again..."

Hard times call for hard measures, but this is getting ridiculous. The use of this merger as an excuse to "f" the payscale all up and short the drivers, "the backbone of the co.", is just a typical corporate ploy understanding that if they can **** us off to a point, but not to the point of more "Union" talk, they've done their job for the stock holders and they're own pockets, I.e., hitting there Operating Cost numbers so management will bonus. I hear the term 110 percent alot at my terminal...they'll be luck to get 10 percent when they're done with this garbage.

I need to get out of trucking anyway, what a better time than now....

cut times? they dont care bout cut times, not for lvl at least! our st. louis driver doesnt get back till 10am!!! our tm says that st louis is supposed to be a 230am cut but 3 hours later is when they let him go! vitran1 you work for chris, you said you know the new scale from chris corp. has someone from corp visited chris? i was told by my tm that we are expecting another video to explain the scale. funny a video cant answer questions!!!

when I got back to the terminal tonight, there was a letter saying they expect all terminals to have a copy of the video by monday.

when i got back my tm confirmed the video on monday. said the video will be getting to him tomorrow and monday rumors will be put to rest and in two weeks hartman, kimack, few other of the wigs will be getting around to all the terminals to answer questions. will hurry up and wait to find out we will be getting screwed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just watched the new videom this morning and i dont think its a bad package at all:butt kiss:

you must be in managemant! no driver would post that! line haul got screwed! half a penny/mile what the hell kinda raise is that? and im tired of getting f@#ked while topped out guys get all the perks! we need some representation! hint! hint!

my question is the guys that arent topped out, what about them? pjax drivers make considerbly more across the board than vitran drivers. when intergrated what happens to the guys that have the same amount of time in at both companies? for myself the video told me nothing! run around b.s. again!!!!!!!!!

Hello all. I'm a Vitran driver in a tier 3 terminal for over 10 years. This is the way it was explained to me.

Overtime will be payed after 45 hours worked. To get you new pay scale.

Take your current hourly pay and multiple it by 47.5.

Your pay x 47.5 hours = $$$.$$

$$$.$$ divided by 45 = your new hourly pay rate.

If you have more than 4 years in company then you add $00.25 cents to the new hourly pay rate to get your enhanced rate.

Vacation to go to 4 weeks for 15 years of service

1 week of vacation = 45 hours of pay

1 day of vacation = 9 hours of pay

Only 1 week of vacation can be broken up into days. The rest must be taken as weeks.

Holiday pay will be payed as straight time.

If you get the weekly Safety pay you will be grandfathered in at your current pay with increases. If you get a chargeable accident then you go to the new safety plan.

The new plan is $100.00 for the first year and $150.00 for 2 or more years.

IMHO we got screwed.... :thumbsdown: If you got less than 4 years in you really got screwed..................

as of wednesday 7/23 i have heard nothing.more internet B.S.

You under a rock? We've heard it all and have Hartman in town the frighten the weak into saying this reeming is a good thing. The strong are looking for ways to jump ship.

It's really just a... :nutkick: Do you know what I mean?

Top out for me is now closer to 6 years than the promised 4 years when I hired on. Top Drivers in the Louisville will be making above 21.00 dollars an hour. I top out shortly, meaning, I hit my 4th year at 20.44. That's not, 21.00. So, I was told, it'll take me another 2 years to finally match the topped out top guys. That's 6 years to top out. Most places is 2 or three years to top....here, just seems farther and farther away.