Central Transport | New Pay Scale

I do not see how they can get away with the 45 hours for OT. Vitran express is based out of Indy IN. They are subject to state law.

Is my employer required to pay minimum wage or overtime?

If your employer is subject to the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), he/she is required to pay a minimum wage of $5.85 per hour effective July 24, 2007. It will then rise again to $6.55 per hour effective July 24, 2008 and $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009. Additionally, overtime of time and a half for any hours worked over forty during the work week. Employers are subject to FLSA if the enterprise has employees engaged in interstate commerce or in the production of goods for interstate commerce and generates annual gross volume of sales more than $500,000. School, hospitals and health care facilities, and public agencies are subject to FLSA. If you have questions about whether your employer is subject to FLSA, please contact the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division in Indianapolis at (317) 226-6801, or in South Bend at (574)236-8331.

If your employer is not subject to FLSA, he/she is required to pay state minimum wage. The minimum wage in Indiana as of July 24, 2007 is $5.85 per hour. It will then rise again to $6.55 per hour effective July 24, 2008 and $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009. Indiana employers not subject to the FLSA (i.e. small business) must pay overtime of time and a half for any hours worked over forty during the work week.

I would post the link but you can PM me for it. Its from the IN gov site.

I could be wrong but If I'm not mistaken......
they get away with it because they are exempt under flsa laws....
So basically they can do what they like.

Exemptions:
Drivers, driver's helpers, loaders and mechanics are exempt from the overtime pay provisions of the FLSA if employed by a motor carrier, and if the employee's duties affect the safety of operation of the vehicles in transportation of passengers or property in interstate or foreign commerce. Click here to view the regulation.

29CFR782 - Exemption from Maximum Hours Provisions for Certain Employees of Motor Carriers
Theres more in the link above.I hope it's okay to post it.

cards going around texas?

Rumor has it cards will be going around Texas in frustration of Chris being left out of this. A few drivers visit with the brotherhood reps to see what they have to do. Wonder how Vitran would like a organized Chris?
If true, i wonder if R.B. and A.S. will be looking for work for letting this get out of hand.....one can only hope.

Chris Management said nothing will change at Chris and that this doe's not apply to them.

Wonder if this is true or bunk? If so, it is being keept really quiet.

What Vitran1 said in a earlier post would be nice for Chris drivers, but still 5 to 6 cents a mile under tier 3 Vitran.

d-chaser whats the hourly scale now for chris drivers? your p & d drivers on 40 or 45 hour week? keep us informed bout the signing of the cards!!! makes things very interesting!!!!!!

sure does make it interesting....everybody needs to wait until the merger is complete before doing anything. Need to learn from Rockford and Lexington's mistake. You can't go it alone...leaves you on an island, alone and vulnerable.

sure does make it interesting....everybody needs to wait until the merger is complete before doing anything. Need to learn from Rockford and Lexington's mistake. You can't go it alone...leaves you on an island, alone and vulnerable.

And when is "the supposed merger" going to happen in the next five years:hysterical:do you think this company is going to last that long with all of the junk trailers they haul?????????

you have to remember who bought who Vitran bought chris, seria west and finally pjax.
management can not make everone happy so just be thankful that we have JOBS pople.

august 11 is when the louisville, ky terminals are merging. aug 4th is when we are going to the "new" payscale.

has chris even fully became vitran yet? are you using vitran pro's or chris pro's? still wearing chris uniforms or vitran uniforms? the way i take it is you still work for chris, just vitran owns chris! kinda like yrc, holland is owned by yrc but work for holland. only they are on same payscale cause of they have cards! has chris corporate said anything about a merger or complete take over by vitran?

this whole process has become a freaking joke! a joke on the drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! corp telling pjax drivers one thing and vitran drivers another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know for a fact this is happing in louisville!!!!!!!!! heard a rumor that when lvl combines will have 46 drivers but only need 30....but word from management "everyone has a job"......my *** we do! vitran watched a video about the "new pay scale" still not even close to what pjax drivers make! corp told vitran drivers that pjax drivers would not be getting the 6 month raises, but vitran corp told pjax drivers in lvl that they would!??! whats up with that???? chris drivers getting the shaft also!!! what seira west getting, anybody know? probally a jack stand up the ***!!! lol (inside joke for the lvl vitran drivers)

PJax Louisville was asked if any drivers would take a voluntary layoff, or quit. Sound like to me not everybody is needed after the merger. I hope my near four years of service will be enough. I'd hate to be back at the bottom again, or even out of work. I can't afford to live now, I don't know what I'll do if my hours get cut even more... Funny thing is David M. at LVL told his drivers "You might have to get a part time job". One more sign of the coming times. For all those this will affect, I guess we can all meet up with Donnie at the unemployment office....sad state we're in.

Have you read this?

I dont see anything in there about the overtime pay only about the Exemption from Maximum Hours Provisions for Certain Employees of Motor Carriers clause.

I know what I'm earning now...if I have to stay in the truck hours longer aday, I will, I'm not going to let my family starve. I'll get mine!

thats why you guys get hours cut you milk hours and then you don't produce they hire more drivers you work less and cry more. If Vitran sucks so bad and the other ltl is so great go work for them