XPO | New pay scale

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Anybody here about a new pay scale for Xpo new hires ( non legacy)Hearing some crazy stuff and just want to know if there's any truth to it?

Anybody here about a new pay scale for Xpo new hires ( non legacy)Hearing some crazy stuff and just want to know if there's any truth to it?

Curious.. What are you hearing?

I'm kind of afraid to read this board anymore.. I dont want more ::shit:: to go to the wayside. Make Con-way Great Again!

I didn't see anything about union BS either so far.

We hearing no more tiered wage increases. $ 21 and change to start but that will be top rate for new Xpo employees. We already have confirmed new employees max out at 3 weeks vacation after 5 yrs. I truly hope these are false rumors.
I'm just curious if anyone is hearing this?
Again I hope this is not the case.

We hearing no more tiered wage increases. $ 21 and change to start but that will be top rate for new Xpo employees. We already have confirmed new employees max out at 3 weeks vacation after 5 yrs. I truly hope these are false rumors.
I'm just curious if anyone is hearing this?
Again I hope this is not the case.

What? $21.xx will be top? I don't see that happening! But, well then again.. who knows.

I don't see anything related to unions. I do see a person relaying information that may or may not be true. I wonder what happens to us older guys if the top rate is $21. We will either be looking for other employment or this thread will be heading in the direction of union talk. I think cutting vacation and hourly pay would be the biggest mistake XPO could ever make. The market demands that pay be around a certain level to attract and keep quality employees. The vacation and pay discrepancy will lead to animosity amongst us and almost force the hand. Bad bad bad idea.

I don't see anything related to unions. I do see a person relaying information that may or may not be true. I wonder what happens to us older guys if the top rate is $21. We will either be looking for other employment or this thread will be heading in the direction of union talk. I think cutting vacation and hourly pay would be the biggest mistake XPO could ever make. The market demands that pay be around a certain level to attract and keep quality employees. The vacation and pay discrepancy will lead to animosity amongst us and almost force the hand. Bad bad bad idea.
I can't imagine they would be that stupid for lack of a better word. If they did this it wouldn't be a wise move.
Like I said I choose to believe it's a rumor but it's out there so I wanted to see if anyone has heard it.

I can't imagine they would be that stupid for lack of a better word. If they did this it wouldn't be a wise move.
Like I said I choose to believe it's a rumor but it's out there so I wanted to see if anyone has heard it.

This is one we all hope is false.
A PTO disparity will cause more problems than the OT debacle does.

Depends on which market you are trying to be in. Con-way was a stand alone LTL and competed for drivers in that space. XPO is a massive global entity that can cover the freight in a million ways. Might not even want to be in the LTL business in the same way. Remember FedEx and UPS have the advantage in package car. This also gives them an advantage in LTL as the market goes to more and more to home deliveries.

Just because Con-way was trying to be the best LTL in the industry and paid us as such doesn't mean that XPO isn't trying to be the most profitable LTL in the industry and pay us worse than the lowest common denominator.

Jacobs is a flipper. EBITDA EBITDA EBITDA

Wages don't matter. Benefits don't matter. You don't matter. Results matter.

Pull yourself away from what you are talking about. Pretend you are talking about another company you don't work for. Remove yourself from the equation so that you can see it without being clouded by your own personal interest.

Reducing wages and benefits to levels that match his other holdings makes perfectly good sense. Increases operating income. Improves EBITDA.

So what you lose some business ? It was costing you to much anyway. Not the biggest or the busiest. The most profitable.

We are a bunch of rednecks. So let's do it in cars. A torqued out HEMI will get there fast in a sprint down the strip. A corvette will get there damn fast out on the freeway. A Prius will get there slower but very efficiently. But all of these cars are expensive and have high cost of ownership and are really one trick ponies that are very good at one thing and bad at others. Get an old clunker Dodge Colt and leave a bit earlier and you'll still get there at the same time and you'll get really good mileage, not as good as the Prius, but enough. Low cost to owner. More money in pocket. That's what most profitable means. More money in Jacobs' pocket.

To be clear I didn't hear anything that would effect OT

Smokin Joe is a southern driver bitter about his lot in life. Crying about the OT disparity is his reason for living. He has options. He doesn't want them. He wants to bitch. Nothing wrong with it. It's just that even he has admitted, accepted and understands that bitching won't change anything and never will. So we all let him rant.

Smokin Joe is a southern driver bitter about his lot in life. Crying about the OT disparity is his reason for living. He has options. He doesn't want them. He wants to bitch. Nothing wrong with it. It's just that even he has admitted, accepted and understands that bitching won't change anything and never will. So we all let him rant.

That's a rant? C'mon...even you can do better than that. Crying....bitter I am not. What I am is a long tenured employee who comes in and does his job to the fullest of his ability. In no way am I disappointed in my "lot" in life. I have one of the best lives that anyone could ever ask for, actually. I dont even NEED the OT pay. I wish I could work less hours than I do now. But what I do know is that you never really have outed your general location and if you were by chance in the southern region, im sure you never complained at all when you weren't paid OT or the company said you had to give up all the pre and post trip time on the 265. Just happy go lucky about everything.

That's a rant? C'mon...even you can do better than that. Crying....bitter I am not. What I am is a long tenured employee who comes in and does his job to the fullest of his ability. In no way am I disappointed in my "lot" in life. I have one of the best lives that anyone could ever ask for, actually. I dont even NEED the OT pay. I wish I could work less hours than I do now. But what I do know is that you never really have outed your general location and if you were by chance in the southern region, im sure you never complained at all when you weren't paid OT or the company said you had to give up all the pre and post trip time on the 265. Just happy go lucky about everything.
Smokin' Joe , Highspeeds has "outed" his general location in the past.

I

I haven't seen.
I won't speak for him but he's not far from my 20 , and I'm in the old CCX area - overtime after 8 and after 40.

I am not a fan of identically qualified people being paid on a different scale. I do make an exception for experience/length of service with the company.

Without picking a fight , my first experience with a tiered wage system was working at a General Motors plant as a union employee. Even though I was paid well , I didn't make as much as the senior workers and never would based on what our contract stipulated.

My experiences on linehaul running FACs that are on the "boarder" between North and South reinforce my feeling that you can't expect people with the same qualifications doing the same work to be paid differently , and be equally productive. Human nature takes over and animosity builds and those being paid less do less. I hope we stay away from a tiered pay scale.

For the younger crowd who do not know why they are paid what they are paid.
Most LTLs paid at least $1.00 more an hour to keep wages ahead of those who had pension, heath benefits for free and OT. Today with the decline of those carriers your at the mercy of shareholder value.

A few years back R&L hired new drivers at a lower pay scale but they were hired on working under Gator. They worked in the terminals did P&D runs, line haul runs but got a lower starting rate and a lower top rate. In Jersey it was not a happy place - top guys were thinking they would be replaced and the drivers under the Gator name thought if we do the same work we should be paid the same( in the same terminal). It lasted about 6months and they kept the good ones and made them R&L drivers at R&L pay. The experiment failed miserably!