XPO | New pay scale

The problem with people coming from outside the trucking industry and thinking when they buy into it they can and will run it like other businesses they have managed. A bunch of ground breaking ideas that will change the industry and they never seem to float.

That's a rant? C'mon...even you can do better than that. Crying....bitter I am not. What I am is a long tenured employee who comes in and does his job to the fullest of his ability. In no way am I disappointed in my "lot" in life. I have one of the best lives that anyone could ever ask for, actually. I dont even NEED the OT pay. I wish I could work less hours than I do now. But what I do know is that you never really have outed your general location and if you were by chance in the southern region, im sure you never complained at all when you weren't paid OT or the company said you had to give up all the pre and post trip time on the 265. Just happy go lucky about everything.

You got options. You are in full control of your future. Had full control of your past. If it was so bad, why did you stay all this time ? If it is so awful why don't you leave ? You are not helpless. If it bothers you so much, improve your situation.

We have talked about this before. The rest of the country will go to OT after 50 or we will all go to something even worse before you ever see OT after 40. For Pete's sakes man, Con-way is dead. Do you get that ? You are going to have plenty more to cry about. And you ain't gonna have to wait long to see it.

And I have told everyone repeatedly. I am out of XCO. Cowtown, USA. Home of the Buckeyes. Columbus, Ohio.

I won't speak for him but he's not far from my 20 , and I'm in the old CCX area - overtime after 8 and after 40.

I am not a fan of identically qualified people being paid on a different scale. I do make an exception for experience/length of service with the company.

Without picking a fight , my first experience with a tiered wage system was working at a General Motors plant as a union employee. Even though I was paid well , I didn't make as much as the senior workers and never would based on what our contract stipulated.

My experiences on linehaul running FACs that are on the "boarder" between North and South reinforce my feeling that you can't expect people with the same qualifications doing the same work to be paid differently , and be equally productive. Human nature takes over and animosity builds and those being paid less do less. I hope we stay away from a tiered pay scale.

Them boys in Detroit make more than us. And there are other terminals on the " plus " scale. We do have tiers in wages here. And then the dockhands make less. Guys come in working hard and then get taught to be lazy. And your argument about people doing less. Most people any more don't do ::shit::. Everyone is pissed off. Ain't worth a frak. And do care at all about any of it.

The problem with people coming from outside the trucking industry and thinking when they buy into it they can and will run it like other businesses they have managed. A bunch of ground breaking ideas that will change the industry and they never seem to float.

The reason for optimism always seems to be some brand knew technology. But ever since they retired the horse and buggy, no new technology exists to improve the course of taking something from here to there. This ::shit:: is so basic. You take this what ever to where ever and they pay you for that. That's it. That's the business.

Depends on which market you are trying to be in. Con-way was a stand alone LTL and competed for drivers in that space. XPO is a massive global entity that can cover the freight in a million ways. Might not even want to be in the LTL business in the same way. Remember FedEx and UPS have the advantage in package car. This also gives them an advantage in LTL as the market goes to more and more to home deliveries.

Just because Con-way was trying to be the best LTL in the industry and paid us as such doesn't mean that XPO isn't trying to be the most profitable LTL in the industry and pay us worse than the lowest common denominator.

Jacobs is a flipper. EBITDA EBITDA EBITDA

Wages don't matter. Benefits don't matter. You don't matter. Results matter.

Pull yourself away from what you are talking about. Pretend you are talking about another company you don't work for. Remove yourself from the equation so that you can see it without being clouded by your own personal interest.

Reducing wages and benefits to levels that match his other holdings makes perfectly good sense. Increases operating income. Improves EBITDA.

So what you lose some business ? It was costing you to much anyway. Not the biggest or the busiest. The most profitable.

We are a bunch of rednecks. So let's do it in cars. A torqued out HEMI will get there fast in a sprint down the strip. A corvette will get there damn fast out on the freeway. A Prius will get there slower but very efficiently. But all of these cars are expensive and have high cost of ownership and are really one trick ponies that are very good at one thing and bad at others. Get an old clunker Dodge Colt and leave a bit earlier and you'll still get there at the same time and you'll get really good mileage, not as good as the Prius, but enough. Low cost to owner. More money in pocket. That's what most profitable means. More money in Jacobs' pocket.
Its too bad some of you people cant can or market some of this wisdom that is displayed on here you would all be rich!

You got options. You are in full control of your future. Had full control of your past. If it was so bad, why did you stay all this time ? If it is so awful why don't you leave ? You are not helpless. If it bothers you so much, improve your situation.

We have talked about this before. The rest of the country will go to OT after 50 or we will all go to something even worse before you ever see OT after 40. For Pete's sakes man, Con-way is dead. Do you get that ? You are going to have plenty more to cry about. And you ain't gonna have to wait long to see it.

And I have told everyone repeatedly. I am out of XCO. Cowtown, USA. Home of the Buckeyes. Columbus, Ohio.
Now that's a rant!!!! I knew you could do better.

I have to commend Highspeeds , He sees through all the smoke and mirrors of it all.
My company announced a decent raise for next year. I will be at top scale by the year end. My 401 K match is even better than what I had with all that ( Transition match ) chump change that Con-job was giving. Time will tell how it's going to work out for you guys. I would be sceptical at best about it, but I still have a lot of buddies still there and I am wishing the best for all!!!!

I have to commend Highspeeds , He sees through all the smoke and mirrors of it all.
My company announced a decent raise for next year. I will be at top scale by the year end. My 401 K match is even better than what I had with all that ( Transition match ) chump change that Con-job was giving. Time will tell how it's going to work out for you guys. I would be sceptical at best about it, but I still have a lot of buddies still there and I am wishing the best for all!!!!

I'm glad things have worked out for you. It takes stones to bet on yourself. Certainly seems as though you have won. Well done.