New Pay Scale ???

longhaul

TB Lurker
Credits
It appears that management is allowed to pay the Local Rate at the stop and mileage rate. Rather than hourly...Local=hourly..road/roand and regional=stops and mileage...Why are we letting them do this?

Local Rate

Unless it's changed since I came off Local for a Shuttle 3 yrs. ago, the terminals figure they can get more production out of drivers if they pay stops and miles vs. clock time. It worked for me, because with the $35/day "Extended Local" per diem, I could rack up good money.

Another thing, if it hasn't changed, is that if road drivers are kept on stop and miles, it is charged to Line Haul, not the local facility, therefore, making their (local fac.) bottom line look better.

:nutkick: Road drivers, not being familiar with local directions, customers, etc., come out on the short end of the stick with this scenario.

road drivers in the city

you're right there DWB. spent all day wed. in Philly with 1 dlv + 3 pu's . happens all the time just ask anyone. spent lots of time lost even with a laptop.

ther are 2 side of that coin> 1st as a hourly driver they break you balls to no end, they want you to go as fast as you can and do as much as you can, i can tell you this much also i spen alot of my days eating a sandwich and driving at the same time,but i know the local guys getting paid stops and miles are making even more money and only working 4 days a week, i work 60hr a week and the are making more than i am.:duh: I can honestly say this you ROAD guys are getting the bad end of the stick! you guys should be gettin more $$$ for either stops or hub miles not airmiles to a city i have always felt that is wrong!!! WELLLLL lets wait and see what the new OWNERS ot OWNER will do with us.

:tribehasspoken: :tongue0002:

Hello to all.

This is my 1st time logged on to this site. I found it by accident or would have been here alot sooner. My name is Benton B. I have been a local driver in St. Louis for 3yrs now. To say that I felt like I've been on a island here is a understatement. It's tough enough getting supplies down here let alone a newsletter. I have been with Jevic for a total of 8yrs. I have seen this company go down the toliet since i started, and I think that's a damn shame. We could be so much more. Anyway, thank you for starting this msg board and I look forward to finally having an inside track of what's going on with Jevic.

STL Local,
Welcome to Truckingboards. Sorry, but we don't use last names unless they're posted as part of a news link. It's good to have you here. Tell your buddies about us.

hey STL if it is so baddd, like you say going down the toilet, why are you still here?? things maby a small mess but i am Sure you are getting a PAY CHECK!!! Hell it could be worse you could be working for the KING of ALL SLAVES New Century. But anyway welcome to our little world