New Penn | New penn closes due to sandy

camp hill bids cancelled

They are actually closing Pittsburgh too. I don't see why we aren't delivering what freight we got in Pittsburgh and actually make the pick ups that call. I don't think there will even be anyone at the terminal. I can understand shutting the east coast down, but the whole company? We have been put on the street in blizzards and now we are supposed to get 2-3 inches of rain on Monday and they shut us down.

wow, maybe if we get bad snow storms this yr they will shut down. that will keep us out of harms way. is it posable that yrc told new penn to shut down?

yeah they had a boston bed out of 10 tonight i could've had....they can keep it....what i don't understand though is these trips tonight are trips from sunday. should'nt the guys who got the trips on sunday get to run them tonight instead of going through the list again and those guys maybe losing their trip?

kearny is running inbound and outbound freight out of trenton. they took tractors from newburgh and southington. i here trailers and tractors were floating in the yard. thanks to the tm for all the waste i guess it wasn't worth it.

yeah they had a boston bed out of 10 tonight i could've had....they can keep it....what i don't understand though is these trips tonight are trips from sunday. should'nt the guys who got the trips on sunday get to run them tonight instead of going through the list again and those guys maybe losing their trip?

nightowl, tell joe fitzsimons scott from newburgh said hi! haven't seen him in awhile

Has anyone seen any pictures of the S. Kearny terminal flood? If so, post them.

I brought a tractor to S Kearny from Trenton the Wed. after the flood. The yard was dry wit ha lot of debris. Water from what I could see was prob. around 5 feet from the blacktop. The office was flooded as was the dock. Water was high enough to get into trailers. I was told that a boat floated into the yard, but I didn't see it. As of 11-16, 06 is still being dispatched from Trenton but the drivers and dockmen are working out of 06 now.
Stay Strong Brothers