New Penn | New Penn For Sale???

Arnold and leedy were called by someone at newpenn about buying us.. No Deal..
But Newpenn would be a good buy for between 200 - 300 million...and you wouldn't even need that full amount..35% down and finance it..you can get it... who is in?? I got 2 bucks and a bag of chips

stop thinking that things will go back to the way thay were . new penn will never be sold.yrc will strip it down and put the frt into yellow and roadway thats the goal of this merge.

stop thinking that things will go back to the way thay were . new penn will never be sold.yrc will strip it down and put the frt into yellow and roadway thats the goal of this merge.
Exactly my feeling,don't worry
about it though,we can't change it so by a yrc hat and hope you have enough time to stay employed.

I agree, Thats the main reason I voted no..Even if we voted yes I think Newpenn is not in the YRC plans down the road

You know that maybe the employee's should start thinking about buying NewPenn. In that part of the country, they are the best outfit. My opinion

Newpenn has operated with an average OR of about 80 for the first 17-18 years I've been there. The last couple years have been closer to 90. One reason is the economy, the other is YRC takes 3.5 % for fees!
A 20% profit for newpenn had been between 30-40 million. Of course the dollar amount depends on the total revenue. Newpenn has alaways made the most profit on a percentage basis than other companies including non union. but they are a drop in the bucket if u want to compare 300-400 million in revenue to 1 billion or more that the other companies bring in. but revenue doesnt matter if you dont make a good profit

If you look over any post here it is all about who would buy them or why would they buy them.Usually it's a big national carrier with lots of cash or something just itching to get bigger like yrc. But lets look at what got us in to this mess in the first place.Yellow instead of working to grow their business,takes the easy way out by acquiring the assets of another, hoping to profit from the sweat and effort of that company. They have in a way become the definition of a "gold digger". Then when "she" drains the poor sap dry,the old man gets kicked to the curb! Guys you have to earn it on your own or you never understand the value of your possessions.Remember the cost saving "synergies" that BZ raved about 5 years ago? They are done with realizing that savings and there's nothing left to milk.You dont expand your business by taking over your neighbors place because you both compete for the same slice of pie.You need to go to new markets for another new pie to divide up.Why cannibalize your own business. Walmart did not become a force untill they moved out of the south and expanded.McDonalds discovered that growth ended when they were on every other corner in America. Yellow/Roadway did that in the70's and our time has come and gone, now its time to sh** or get off the pot.If your going to buy the competition to expand,buy in a area where you previously did not exist.Can you say OLD DOMINION!! In my opinion the only smart thing would be a carrier that currently does not sevice the Northeast wanting npmf.Who is out there to fit this description?

Southeastern is very, very non union. Excellent small southern regional carrier. D Pyle is more of a match. Often see freight being picked up down here by SE with Pyle being the interline carrier for the Northeast. GRIZZ

No, but I hear that South Eastern Freightways are looking for a North east Carrier to buy, Plye is doing a lot of there work for them now in the North East.

I work for yrc not np so I am not familiar with who they "partner" with.I know Holland in Buffalo does a lot of forwarding of upper midwest freight.On the old NP web site they showed a service map of the country. I believe it was Dayton freight before? Do they still work with any others like this anymore or has the affiliation with YRC put an end to this?

Southeastern is very, very non union. Excellent small southern regional carrier. D Pyle is more of a match. Often see freight being picked up down here by SE with Pyle being the interline carrier for the Northeast. GRIZZ

I think that any carrier that is looking to expand (AAA Cooper, Southeaster, Saia) are all non-union or non-Teamster and that factor for NPME and the pension liability concern would shay them away.

new penn is a cash cow guys,but only a union carrier would go after them...i could see yrc cutting new penn loose if they can by mid year .it would mean at least 300million...and thats cash yrc will need...its a no brainer and i guarantee you its an option they are considering.

new penn is a cash cow guys,but only a union carrier would go after them...i could see yrc cutting new penn loose if they can by mid year .it would mean at least 300million...and thats cash yrc will need...its a no brainer and i guarantee you its an option they are considering.

Well said and you and I agree with you on this. The issue now becomes, who has the $$$ (I doubt banks would stand behind that note for this) and would $300 mill be enough for YRC to consider a sale.....though that is a sizable amount, it's not a lot to YRC. I would think that NPME becoming employee owner would logical, but that would open another tough round of questions.