New Penn | New Penn For Sale???

new penn is a dominant foce on the east coast...who can and would consider expanding during these times...NEMF did it 3 years ago to out west and havent seen a profit yet..IT would have to be a carrier that has little east coast ties
ABF and UPS would be the most logical in terms of the union,but it would just raise the same problems that yellow encountered.....what a freakn mess..thats all i can say.

I see you guys at New Penn are a better class of guys here and would enjoy the thought of another carrier buying you out to keep your jobs. I think this would be an excellent buy for any carrier looking to expand in the area you deliver.

At the Holland forum I mentioned all of this and some of the guys there got all mad, KK even deleted my post and said I was "Flaming"? Go figure that one out!

I just want to say I agree with you guys and hope the best for you. Getting AWAY from YRC is the best option.

npme partners with wilson to the south, and has been for many years. was using alvan to ohio and upper midwest but i think they went out of business. may be using hollan now and reddaway to the west.

npme partners with wilson to the south, and has been for many years. was using alvan to ohio and upper midwest but i think they went out of business. may be using hollan now and reddaway to the west.

You heard right, Alvan did shut down.

I noticed shortly after we linked up with USF that a lot of our southern/mid-west freight started coming in, or being returned damaged. Not cutting on these guys, but it gives you an indication of how many times this freight might have been handled before it reached its destination.

When your business plan revolves around having the best service and claims-free deliveries, your customers start to question why they're paying for something they're not getting.

I've also noticed that some of our newer guys don't really seem to have any drive or will to see us grow. When I started, the weak were weeded out before they ever got past casual status. I spent two years glued to the phone. Some of these guys were full-time in 90 days.

Big brother breathing down our neck, along with hiring any swinging dong off the street has bruised our image. I've seen our image go south over the past 3-4 years. It only takes one mistake to ruin a customer's trust.

Yellow is killing us. Little by little they're dismantling what would be an attractive buy to a perspective buyer.

hear that FB. new guys off the street just move frt, dont know how to handle and load frt. see it all the time even some of the veterans from other frt companies are pretty bad, lazy or just dont give a crap. supervisors dont say anything, and some are getting just as bad. morale is really down.

hear that FB. new guys off the street just move frt, dont know how to handle and load frt. see it all the time even some of the veterans from other frt companies are pretty bad, lazy or just dont give a crap. supervisors dont say anything, and some are getting just as bad. morale is really down.
the newer dock workers can't seem to get it together. the road drivers get out later every night. If the roadoperation gets out late at the begining of the week it stays that way all week, Then yhey wander why we get back late.:chairshot:

camper2 i think you must be mistaken...as a city/dockworker at camp hill i see the trucks sitting in the yard waiting for dispatch to tell the yard guys when to have the hooks ready and they are ready when that time comes...for the most part... sure there are some held for late frt. but for the most part they are ready...now i dont know how much of the dispatch is done thru central but i think its a good bit. also i see the road drivers come down and get there trucks then pull up out front and go in and do there paperwork , shoot the breeze for awhile before they take off...let me also say that its not all of the drivers... but lets not lay this on the dock guys...yes there are some new guys that have we could do without, they are worthless..but to generalize them is not fair.....also getting bills out of the office in a reasonable time is a big problem here at camp hill....

Did you ever think that we,(dockworkers) can only play the hand we're dealt to the best of our ability? The numbers games that Yellow plays with us requires us to have a certain number of stops per hour. They frown on drive time between stops. Thats all fine and good if you're peddling the city you're based out of. Some of the cities/towns we service are well over two hours away on a good day. Pepper in a few stops and 2hrs becomes four, so much for AM deliveries.

Now your pickups start rolling in. It's 1pm now and you just got to the town you're supposed to be servicing in the first place. You drive right past all of the places you should be picking up right now because you still have a half a load of freight that still needs delivered.

Finally you're empty. It's now 3pm, everyone's cut-off times vary between 3:30 to 5:00. You go to the place with the earliest cut-off first. These places that had open docks earlier when drove by are now packed 4 deep with trucks. Get in line and start making phone calls to other customers asking if they can wait for you. Some will some won't, then you have to explain to your boss why you missed a pick-up. Like he doesn't already know?

You get to your last stop of the day, you take a look at your bills and realize that a lot of it is going to the same place so you talk the tow motor operator into stacking and turning the majority of the freight into a header. Sweet! That's going to make life so much easier when you get back to the dock.. Relay that little tidbit of info back to the boss and go grab some lunch.

You get back to the barn that night and find that a ******* bomber must have hit the place. Freight everywhere, and nobody to load it. Everyone is out of hours. We don't call in help anymore since Yellow started leaning on us. Grab a strip sheet and hop on a forklift, try to make some sense out of this mess. Oh, and that header I loaded can't be used because it all needs weighed. Turns out it was tail freight anyways.

You want to know why we're late every night? There's the dumbed-down reader's digest explanation for you. If you've never been a P&D driver, you really don't have clue, and I'd appreciate your keeping your comments to yourself.

Boy:popcorn:did you hit that on the nail:popcorn:and I thought those kinda things only happened at the term I work in..One thing you forgot to mention is when you call in and say you might need backup or a little help you most likely get told :popcorn:I don't have anybody. Here's to 3:00 pm:TR10driving03:

what i like is when they make you work the dock until 11:00 depart with 17 deliveries, 90 minutes to your first stop and before your 30 min down the road the computer starts beepin with pickups 4 of them have cloing times of 3:00pm. i just turn up the radio and laugh.

What is left to sell? And if a buyer did want us they would have to put us back to the old pay scale. I dont think its a good selling point

Fat Bastard you sure you don't work for Holland Memphis? Your day is a replica of our operation to the longer peddles out of our barn. If it weren't for my cell phone, I'd never make the service. Is it appreciated, that would be NO. But what do we do, we keep doing what used to make our companies great. Why don't YRC get it? GRIZZ

how

holland accounts for a very small amount of our freight,new penn could be sold if approved by the banks.but why sell your only profitable asset.

new penn accounts for very small amount of the freight yellow the big R and holland i see them all the time i dont see new penn on the road but we are one company now so it dont matter who makes what we just need to make it right we dont know who making the money

guys ...pretty reliable source told me new penn will be sold to UPS...the cat is not out of the bag yet,but the powers are working on this deal now...i hope its not BS....

why would ups buy us. would that not put them in master freight agreement which last i knew they did not want in that the retirement thing and all

we'll see.could be for our accts, and strong rep. in the n-east..really if it does happen it would work out for both sides..ups has deep pockets and will get a return on their investment..yrc gets the cash.to keep them alive..they really need it and really new penn is their cash cow and their "ace in the hole"