New Penn | New Penn For Sale???

we'll see.could be for our accts, and strong rep. in the n-east..really if it does happen it would work out for both sides..ups has deep pockets and will get a return on their investment..yrc gets the cash.to keep them alive..they really need it and really new penn is their cash cow and their "ace in the hole"

But in these economic times, New Penn is worth more to YRC to keep than what they would need to sell them for to make an impact on the YRC books. And any buyer (OR BANK FOR THAT MATTER) would have a tough time paying "Top Dollar". Remember, over 3000 trucking companies closed their doors in 2008......banks are not impressed with the trucking industry.....unless you are "DEBT FREE"........and YRC is not, not to mention the pension issues.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but answer me this one question.

Why would UPS try to help out Yellow freight by giving them the cash that they need ??
Why would UPS buy NPME business when they can just turn up the pressure and take what they want in 6-9 months when YRCW is dead ??

No trucking company will be buying NPME, mark my words.

Why would UPS try to help out Yellow freight by giving them the cash that they need ??
Why would UPS buy NPME business when they can just turn up the pressure and take what they want in 6-9 months when YRCW is dead ??

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from:

New Penn Seperate vote thread
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Friend of the frog
Seasoned Veteran Join Date: Apr 2006

"Mark these words...NPME will not be part of YRCW at the start of 2009..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Credibility lost with me!

:nutkick: (Green Machine kicking FoF's Avatar)

Quoted from:

New Penn Seperate vote thread
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Friend of the frog
Seasoned Veteran Join Date: Apr 2006

"Mark these words...NPME will not be part of YRCW at the start of 2009..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Credibility lost with me!

:nutkick: (Green Machine kicking FoF's Avatar)

Excellent post. You beat me to that .

We all make mistakes...I am humbled by your knowledge of my posts.

With that being said, I will alter my last statement to clarify my opinion.

No trucking company will but NPME. I stand by that.

I will also say that NPME will not be part of YRCW by the middle of 2009. I believe that somehow, someway NPME will be spun off, or shut down.

Its just an opinion folks.

this is why npme could be sold...or why someone would buy....

New Penn Motor Express Company DetailsCompany -

New Penn is a regional less-than-truckload motor carrier providing reliable next-day service through a network of 24 service centers located in the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. The company also provides service to portions of the West, Midwest and Southeast regions of the U.S. and all of Canada in conjunction with partner carriers. New Penn employs over 2000 people, operates a fleet of over 850 tractors and 1,700 trailers, and is widely regarded as one of the most efficiently operated carriers in the industry.

New Penn offers outstanding full-time and part-time career opportunities. Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package while part-time employees enjoy flexible scheduling and selected benefits.

When you work at New Penn you enjoy the security of knowing you work for one of the most financially stable companies in the industry. Further, New Penn employees take great pride in the company's reputation for service excellence. Come, join us. You too can be New Penn Proud!

this is why npme could be sold...or why someone would buy....

New Penn Motor Express Company DetailsCompany -

New Penn is a regional less-than-truckload motor carrier providing reliable next-day service through a network of 24 service centers located in the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. The company also provides service to portions of the West, Midwest and Southeast regions of the U.S. and all of Canada in conjunction with partner carriers. New Penn employs over 2000 people, operates a fleet of over 850 tractors and 1,700 trailers, and is widely regarded as one of the most efficiently operated carriers in the industry.

New Penn offers outstanding full-time and part-time career opportunities. Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package while part-time employees enjoy flexible scheduling and selected benefits.

When you work at New Penn you enjoy the security of knowing you work for one of the most financially stable companies in the industry. Further, New Penn employees take great pride in the company's reputation for service excellence. Come, join us. You too can be New Penn Proud!

When you cut and paste right off of the NEW PENN website, what do/did you expect it too say? Certainly would not sound the same if it said: "When you work for New Penn (a YRC company) you enjoy the insecurity of knowing you work for one of the most financially unstable companies in the industry. Further, New Penn employees take great pride in the company's reputation for service excellence (aside from the YRC service thing). Come, join us. You too can be YRC Proud!"

facts...
1:employees take pride in the new penn brand
2: new penn still pofitable
3: Well you got me there... the YRC thing sucks..
but if bought by someone the yrc thing wouldn't be an issue

Not to long ago you said NPME was sold as of the first of the year again using the phrase "mark my words",you seem to know so much there dopie opie from adp.

ummmmmm......OUCH....If you really were to think about it. there are 2 ways to increase revenue..first-- increase sales. second- buy your competition..in this stagnant economy your not increasing sales PERIOD.....YRC...is sinking fast.they are desperate..look at whats been going on the last year..the whole freakn company is in turmoil...and the fat cat UPS is lickn its chops...maybe its me..i would say its a win win for everyone..

someone " mistakenly" put up a for sale sign in front of the baltimore terminal today. home office was called and told , they said to remove it right away. also driver brought in a print out from a real estate site with the terminal listed on it. only 49 pick ups today, dont know if the 2 go hand in hand.

someone " mistakenly" put up a for sale sign in front of the baltimore terminal today. home office was called and told , they said to remove it right away. also driver brought in a print out from a real estate site with the terminal listed on it. only 49 pick ups today, dont know if the 2 go hand in hand.

Did they "mistakenly" put it the real estate site too??? :smilie_132:

Saturday, February 14, 2009 DAILY LOGISTICS NEWS AND INSIGHT

About SSL Certificates

Trucking

New Penn Not for Sale
1/30/2009
John Gallagher
Associate Editor

YRC Worldwide Chairman, President and CEO William D. Zollars denied his company was ready to sell regional subsidiary New Penn.

"Rumors of a divestiture of New Penn are not true," Zollars said. "They're a valued part of our portfolio and are performing well."

Zollars wouldn't comment, however, on whether or not the Lebanon, Pa.-based company, considered by many as YRC's best run company, was able to generate a profit in the fourth quarter. "We don't get into that detail with our individual subsidiaries," Zollars said.

New Penn, which employs over 2,000 people, specializes in next-day service through 24 service centers in the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. It operates a fleet of over 850 tractors and 1,700 trailers, according to the company Web site.

Trucking
Justified Rates

Quality Distribution Turns a Profit

LTL Carriers Eke Out Market Gains

NASDAQ to Delist Velocity Express

S&P Lowers Swift Credit

Vitran Lost $3M

Diesel Slips 2.7 Cents to $2.219

FedEx Freight Lays Off 900

Volvo Lost $165 M

Averitt Adds Four Texas Service Centers

Enter your email address to receive the TrafficWorld Free Newsletter today!

HTML Text AOL

© Copyright 2009 Commonwealth Business Media. All rights reserved.
Legal disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms & Conditions