New Penn | New Penn Freight Teamsters Approve Job Security Plan

So YRC threatens our jobs and everyone who HAD a back bone and voted no when we voted the first time change their minds and vote yes. Sad to say that my no vote a second time around was all for nothing.

SAD!!!!!!!! all i can say is i hope this isn't retro back to the first vote like i've been hearing. hope it's just bull. if not i will have to see what the labor board says about it, because the vote wasn't approved until today.

chappy, it wasn't for nothing. you stood up for what you believed in and you did what you could. However, here in America, majority rules. Sometimes it works for you, sometimes it doesn't. but you gotta try, every time.

if i were you i'd be really mad I think you should march right into new penn today and quit your job that will show them

Chappy so now you can take a l.o.a.go find that other job that has everything you should have.When you cant find it, come back and thank the yes men that you still have a job!!

So YRC threatens our jobs and everyone who HAD a back bone and voted no when we voted the first time change their minds and vote yes. Sad to say that my no vote a second time around was all for nothing.

No thats not true, you voted the second time the same way you did the first time, because thats what you believed in, not what someone made you believe in, believe it or not, when you go to sleep every night, and you know you got :eck13: you know you didn't do it to yourself. Its always easier to deal with something you had no control of.

There is no guarntee that the company will even survive, so we all make 85% of our wages and no pension credit. And as far as the leave of absence goes, what good does that do when there is virtually no work out there and for the record, I have been laid off for a year, so in essence I don't have a job to thank the yes men as you say.

Good luck to you all, I hope it all works out for you.

New Penn Teamsters voted by a 890-329 margin to approve YRCW’s concessions

There is no guarntee that the company will even survive, so we all make 85% of our wages and no pension credit. And as far as the leave of absence goes, what good does that do when there is virtually no work out there and for the record, I have been laid off for a year, so in essence I don't have a job to thank the yes men as you say.

I wasn't thanking the yes men, I am a no person at local 710, and will stand behind that vote if forced to do it "again"! I was speaking from experience, having done this before and the company closed anyway, I had to live with the fact that I believed their threat and voted yes, and I had to live with that while I was looking for a job. So I learned, they are going to do what they want to anyway you look at it.

New Penn Teamsters Approve Concessions

September 9, 2009: New Penn Teamsters voted by a 890-329 margin to approve YRCW’s concessions, after management and the International union threatened that they would lose their jobs if they once again said no.

It was not surprising that most Teamsters reluctantly voted yes, after the threats that were handed down to the nearly 2000 Teamsters. The concession deal was still rejected in Boston Local 25 and Philadelphia Local 107.

The votes were tallied today, with independent observers present for the count, thanks to previous legal action by Teamsters for a Democratic Union members.

The International union directed its power and authority against the members after the New Penn Teamsters rejected the same concessions a month ago, with a threat of closure as punishment unless the members “vote till you get it right.”

Some trucking analysts regarded the closure threat as an empty one. Stifel Nicolaus Transportation Research reported on September 3 that “We believe this is an idle threat, because it should cost the company more money to do that than to keep New Penn operating as is (and why eliminate a positive EBITDA contributor and risk a large pension withdrawal liability payment and WARN Act payment in this liquidity crisis?). New Penn, in our view, remains the company's most profitable operation.” But with YRCW management, it’s anybody’s guess what they would have done.

YRC executive office got teamsters arguing with eachother over this and that's just what they wanted.

I am hoping they keep you all working after putting you all through this emotional rollercoaster.

Good Luck New Penn !

I feel a little better now after finding out we at local25 had majority NO. Only a very little. OK now i'm just pissed:Flame-On:::shit:::eck13::ranting2::TR10driving03:

SAD!!!!!!!! all i can say is i hope this isn't retro back to the first vote like i've been hearing. hope it's just bull. if not i will have to see what the labor board says about it, because the vote wasn't approved until today.

Unless something was changed from your first proposal, it will be retro to August 1 for the pay,and July 1 for pension.One week from today our second vote will be counted at Holland in Joliet.