New Penn | New Penn Freight Teamsters Approve Job Security Plan

can't sat I'm surprized. Saw all this coming when Yellow started buying the other companies. Good luck to all teamsters who are still working.I'm retired now but still keep informed.

the pension i'm sure your right on, the extra 5% pay cut, should'nt start till our next pay check. not retro-active to agust.
Its Federal Law that they can not take money from you that you have already earned. Your 5% will start with your next pay peroid. They can not go back and take any other money from you.

Yes or no doesn't really matter. The company has succeeded in getting what they wanted from us. The main tool they are using is divide & conquer. As long as fighting and name calling between ourselves continues,......
the company will continue to win.

Regardless of the outcome, (and I am truely sorry for those that have been laid off), I have been on comp since 2007 from a serious accident. I would love to get back to work at any salary because what I recieve doesn't cut the bills. I know it is even far worse for those on letter of lay off. But regardless of this vote, we all need to go about our business of being the best we can be and do whatever is necessary to keep and get the freight on our trucks. That's the bottom line.....and in this economy my friends, that is not so easy to do, reagrdless which company it is. Personally, I think our economy will get a lot worse, before it gets worse. And no, that was not a misprint. Think about that if you will.

I wish you yrcw saviuors luck with your quest

Well I get the yes votes for the people that are worried about having insurance or what not! What I don't get is the _ _ _hole sheep that think their going to save the company ( that in my opinoin does not want to be saved) telling me to move on, quit if you don't like it. Got too much time invested just like alot of other guys to do that, so I'll keep doing my job for now and hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I wish you yrcw saviuors luck with your quest.
lucky deville trucker

I heard Labor Day 2010 is when we lock up the gates!!!!!!!:biglaugh:
No shoeman i think they will wait till new years 2010 when were all drunk . Then they can a message on our answering machines saying happy new year your all out of a job , thanks for the 15 percent.:biglaugh::TR10driving03:

Well I get the yes votes for the people that are worried about having insurance or what not! What I don't get is the _ _ _hole sheep that think their going to save the company ( that in my opinoin does not want to be saved) telling me to move on, quit if you don't like it. Got too much time invested just like alot of other guys to do that, so I'll keep doing my job for now and hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I wish you yrcw saviuors luck with your quest.
lucky deville trucker
First off i never tried to save YRCW i was looking out for my job and new penn.I cant speak for the other 2 you mentioned.Unfortunately we got sucked into the yrcw abyss.Maybe you dont need your job or insurance but i do!I guess you could hop on your horse and stick up a train or stagecoach for some extra cash.So adios pardner!!!!!!!!!

I also wasnt trying to save yrc, just looking to keep my med benefits and stay off full time unemployment for as long as possible.When your handed a fully loaded gun to play RUSSIAN ROULETTE with,the only real choice is to put the gun down and wait for a better choice to come along.