New Penn | New Penn gets another chance

Not changing my vote.
This isn't the same company I was hired to work for 10 years ago.
I'll manage if we go down.it's just another job now.
No pension.benefits aren't great anymore,making less than non union outfits.
I don't look forward going to work anymore.
I still do my job,emptied my trailer today.I'm no slacker.
About the merger,it's going to happen anyway one day.
If we're still around.
I won't:sadwavey:

All you unfeeling, ill-advised, uncaring, uninformed individuals who voted no the first time around can now stick to your words and find another job. Or vote yes and keep working for the best regional carrier alive today. Somehow the IBT has found a loophole and is sending out new ballots. Think of your brothers that have mortages, kids in college or large medical concerns, and VOTE YES!
just because we voted no doesnt mean we dont care about our brothers, even brothers have different opinions and know how to stop the bullies from messing with his lil brothers that scared to fight for what is right, no matter what the cost is. yellow is not stupid, they just know how to play poker and very good at it, remember this is my opinion and im cut from a different cloth, you rob me with a gun you got it, you come on my block without it and now you have dirt on your face. this is not intended for my union brothers but an example of how yellow keep digging in our pocket, stop the bulleis VOTE NO

not enough

I guess your 10% new penn contribution isn't enough for zollars and friends, you should be giving more back to the higher ups at yrc like everyone else at yrc to support thier millions and millions of dollar salaries's

What is the lessor of the two evils? Taking a hit in the pockets or getting hit on in a YRC merge? That's a no brainer. So be grateful for what you have ...before it is taken away. We are all fighting the same battle..extinction

They'll keep the New Penn brand in place. Just some new faces in the New Penn trucks and visa versa. You don't want that

irishzig where are you getting this from.there is no word of this on any official site.
Brothers let me say the re-vote is a fact . I just came from a meeting we had at the term in buffalo . This is a little what was said . Fact this is the unions words not mine, a re-vote is now fact the locals all wrote letters to the ibts tyson johnson requesting this . Now they did say two freight locals refused to this write the letters to tyson, but the majority 15 locals did reqesting the re-vote.ThEY said this is the last chance if this doesnt not get appoved by the members of new penn we will be merged into yrc asap if the vote goes down again.I am just stating the facts from union .Anyway meetings are headed your way , they called for a union meeting this sat .

Ballots will be mailed Friday, you have until the 7th to return them. The whole thing is a crock of ::shit::!! We got no support from the IBT. YRC can't merge without the ibt giving them the green light! The IBT should have stood behind the members vote and told yrc to let newpenn run newpenn and pay their own bills. And if yrc doesn't like it then they can close newpenn and give us the warn act notice and hold yrc responsible for a pension withdraw liability!!! but like I posted earlier, all the IBT has done is say YES YES YES YES YES TO ANY DAM THING YRC ASKED FOR WITHOUT GETTING A THING IN RETURN!! yrc already has a list of what newpenn terminals they can close and what ones they want to merge. So when you all get lied to at your union meetings this weekend ask your local what written deal do they have from yrc that if the re vote is a yes. Does yrc give a guarantee that they wont close or merge any newpenn terminals.
just remember what was told on the very first vote. " you have to pass this or the company will close" then the vote passed and they close the Holland terminals. The same will happen to newpenn with the IBT's blessing!!!! hOW MANY OF YOU WERE LIED TO BY YOUR LOCALS WHEN THEY SAID ITS A 14 MONTH DEFERRAL, THEN A WEEK LATER WE GET TOLD ITS 18 MONTH SUSPENSION AND A PAYCUT???

Ballots will be mailed Friday, you have until the 7th to return them. The whole thing is a crock of ::shit::!! We got no support from the IBT. YRC can't merge without the ibt giving them the green light! The IBT should have stood behind the members vote and told yrc to let newpenn run newpenn and pay their own bills. And if yrc doesn't like it then they can close newpenn and give us the warn act notice and hold yrc responsible for a pension withdraw liability!!! but like I posted earlier, all the IBT has done is say YES YES YES YES YES TO ANY DAM THING YRC ASKED FOR WITHOUT GETTING A THING IN RETURN!! yrc already has a list of what newpenn terminals they can close and what ones they want to merge. So when you all get lied to at your union meetings this weekend ask your local what written deal do they have from yrc that if the re vote is a yes. Does yrc give a guarantee that they wont close or merge any newpenn terminals.
just remember what was told on the very first vote. " you have to pass this or the company will close" then the vote passed and they close the Holland terminals. The same will happen to newpenn with the IBT's blessing!!!! hOW MANY OF YOU WERE LIED TO BY YOUR LOCALS WHEN THEY SAID ITS A 14 MONTH DEFERRAL, THEN A WEEK LATER WE GET TOLD ITS 18 MONTH SUSPENSION AND A PAYCUT???
Great post! I encourage all my New Penn Proud brothers to attend the meetings and ask about the list of closing terminals. Could be the ones that were sold off already. If enough people keep asking the same question over and over maybe the truth will come out! If the revote turns to a YES and your terminal is closed who are you going to blame then? At the first wage reduction meeting we were told it would be a one-time thing to help the company get back on it's feet. We took it in the:eck13:from the people we give our dues to. I have No reason to vote for more lies!

107 i asked the question tonight at the meeting at the term , what was the plan in the event of a no vote at new penn they said nothing , the ibt was shocked by the no vote and had no plan b. Tyson johnson wanted to let them go ahead and merge us with yrc because of the no vote . But the locals urged him to let us re - vote to save new penn from a yrc merge.

Here's a link to what Local 375 has posted about a re-vote:

As you may know, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters is going to allow a re-vote of those members who work for New Penn Motor Express on the YRCW Job Security Plan. A meeting will be held on Saturday, August 15th...

Teamsters Local 375

I think we should vote YES on the revote. My reasons are as follows: I personally put 24 yrs. of my life here. Those of us that have been here any length of time should have some sense of responespsibility to saving the New Penn brand. We have worked hard as a group to make it the best frieght company in the northeast. Why lose that reputation we worked so hard to get over a parent company overspending and the economy going south. We are in a fight to save New Penn, not anyone else! Next, where else are we going to go get what we have, ie: multiple vacations, health care we dont pay for, and even wages better than most out there with the cuts. There have been talkes of merging with YRC, some say they are bluffing. DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE? I don't. A merge would only work those with enough seniority [at the cut rate] and most of us would be out of work. I am not willing to gamble.This would be a chance to risky to me. My family depends on me making the right choice. I'm voting YES! I don't want to explain to my wife [who has had the luxury of not working] and my kids why I voted myself out of a job. Most of you know I have been the road steward for many yrs. in cinnaminson, I have on many occasions drawn a hard line with the company. This is one time it is in all our best interest to step back and vote Yes! This time vote with your heads not your balls.

I think we should vote YES on the revote. My reasons are as follows: I personally put 24 yrs. of my life here. Those of us that have been here any length of time should have some sense of responespsibility to saving the New Penn brand. We have worked hard as a group to make it the best frieght company in the northeast. Why lose that reputation we worked so hard to get over a parent company overspending and the economy going south. We are in a fight to save New Penn, not anyone else! Next, where else are we going to go get what we have, ie: multiple vacations, health care we dont pay for, and even wages better than most out there with the cuts. There have been talkes of merging with YRC, some say they are bluffing. DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE? I don't. A merge would only work those with enough seniority [at the cut rate] and most of us would be out of work. I am not willing to gamble.This would be a chance to risky to me. My family depends on me making the right choice. I'm voting YES! I don't want to explain to my wife [who has had the luxury of not working] and my kids why I voted myself out of a job. Most of you know I have been the road steward for many yrs. in cinnaminson, I have on many occasions drawn a hard line with the company. This is one time it is in all our best interest to step back and vote Yes! This time vote with your heads not your balls.
I agree , we need to live to fight another day . What good is it going to do if they shut us down thres no jobs out there just ask any of the guys that are working casual for us from holland or yrc.I hate just as much as anyone the way yrc has played their vote yes or your out of a job bs. But its not going to be worth being out of the street and not being able to pay your bills and put food on the table for your family.Im voting to save new penn from merging us with yrc. Am i happy with the ibt with the way they handled this hell no, if it was not for the locals writing letters to him and urgeing a re-vote we would have been done.

Shakey827,its good to read that somebody from #14 has come out and spoke with common sense,i just hope the other men there listen.great post,i hope you have some pull down there.

Its truely amazing that some of you guys just dont get it.The profit NewPenn generated last year is approximately one days opperating cost for YRC, its nice to have but not essential.They will shut NP down in a ny minute.Its not often in life you are given a chance at a do over, make the most of it vote YES.Then you can take a leave of absence go look for that fantasy job that your entitled to,but if you cant find it you still have your old job to come back to.Vote no and you dont find that job all you will have is unemployemnt and in 3-4 months no medical.