New Penn | New Penn gets another chance

All you unfeeling, ill-advised, uncaring, uninformed individuals who voted no the first time around can now stick to your words and find another job. Or vote yes and keep working for the best regional carrier alive today. Somehow the IBT has found a loophole and is sending out new ballots. Think of your brothers that have mortages, kids in college or large medical concerns, and VOTE YES!

LOOP HOLE, YOU MEAN SCREW HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting2:

Originally Posted by irishzig
All you unfeeling, ill-advised, uncaring, uninformed individuals who voted no the first time around can now stick to your words and find another job. Or vote yes and keep working for the best regional carrier alive today. Somehow the IBT has found a loophole and is sending out new ballots. Think of your brothers that have mortages, kids in college or large medical concerns, and VOTE YES! VERY WELL SAID,KEEP TALKING LIKE THIS AT YOUR TERMINAL AND KEEP PUSHING THE YES VOTE AND LETS GET THIS THING DONE.

It makes me sick to my stomach when i hook up to a usf holland trailer and go out on the street knowing a guy is at home because of no fault of his or herself, (yrcs fault) they are out,but i dont think i could imagine seeing a yrc driver pulling a new penn trailer when we have a say on this.vote yes.at least we have a say in this,holland didnt.

Remember, if the re-vote is NO, and the merger occurs, OKain & Pyle win. They will move into the terminals that they acquired from YRCW. They will have little competition and they will become much stronger than they are today. If you are pissed off that YRCW execs make the big bucks, think about what this will do for OKain and the family that owns Pyle. Since we can't seem to organize them, let's not give them the rest of the northeast business that New Penn still maintains. Remember it is the non-union companies that will benefit from our closing. Vote YES and keep the green trucks rolling. Then let's work together to vote Hoffa and his butt buddies out of Washington so that we can take back control of our future.

Dont worry the merger cant happen unless the get a yes vote,The contract says highest wage paid in a merger they will have to pay pension. I beleive correct me if im wrong.

Contract? WE have a contract?? :biglaugh:
The revote will come back a yes. and YRC will still close terminals. Remember Holland??:nutkick: Remember that Newpenn does have some terminals with little volume and or they are right near large yrc terminals.
I'll live with whatever the vote is.. but I am still a no...

Vote NO, again. Fear is based on the unknown and there is plenty of that. You stood strong once, don't roll over now.

Vote no lose my job-----vote yes and lose my job anyway, just take a few more months, maybe the holiday season, merge and be at the bottom of the list, need a minimum of 20 yrs. and you may still not work, broke my butt for this company for 16 years, I'll keep my pride and go out fighting instead of giving yrc what they wont!!!

Pride, lets talk about pride. What pride is there in telling your wife you have no job. Where is the pride in telling your kids they can't go to the Drs. because you have no insurance? Where is the pride in voting yourself out of a job? Can someone explain this to me! Pride to me is being able to support my family. Pride is being a part of a company that can service it's customers better than any other. I am proud to be a part of that.There is no pride in shutting that company down that so many of us proudly made it that great. Some say they are going to close us or merger us anyway. If you vote no we will never know. Don't let the pressure of some force you into a decision you don't want to make. Remember if this all goe's away they will not be there to support your family. Think about it, is there pride in voting yourself out or a job or pridse in trying to save the one we allworked so hard to create. My opinion, I'll fight to save it.Remember yhere won't be another chance. VOTE WISLEY!

So I should put my tail between my legs and become a "yes man", no thanx, Its hard to be newpenn proud when the local **** company is making $4 dollars more an hour with benifits.

Okay, let's put this in perspective folks. There IS life after New Penn. NO there isn't the same life and why would you think there would be? You will NOT find what you have anywhere else because it took other union brothers and years of hard work and fighting to get that. To the wife, honey, I lost my job but we will get through this. To the kids, alrighty kids, you will now be covered under CHIP and the benefits won't be as good as what daddy had but it will get you the neccessary care that you need until daddy can get a new job with better benefits. Yes family, we are starting all over again and we will make it. Been there, done that. Right now the waters are bloody and shark infested. They are feeding off of your fear and fear is based on the unknown. No one but YRC knows what they phave planned to do all along. History of the freight industry speaks for itself and the history of YRC speaks for itself. This you can not ignore.

I was sitting back and trying to figure a way YRCW could do something to get their way and keep the customers. MY plan thinking like YRCW, Not what I would want ( I say leave New Penn alone, save the freight and the jobs). Here goes. I actually thought they would combine Holland and New Penn, calling it Holland- New Penn, Not many or any overlapping terminals. This would have kept New Penn drivers and trucks where they are and the Holland trucks and drivers where they are. The customers already use both as regionals, Customers may have accepted this. I just do not think NEW Penn and YRCW are a good mix. JUST my opinion. As obsessed and angry as I am with all of the things Billy boy keeps doing, which seem to be wrong. I have a laid back feeling this may work out. Lets face it, if they wanted to go under, they have had many chances to do it. They are fighting way to hard to stay in business. My worst fear is they are just trying to get rid of the pension or the teamsters or both, as many of you have stated all along. May God bless everyone on this deep dark path we are on. It reminds me, at lot of our troops, not knowing weather or not they will die today or live to fight again.

They are making it as appear they are fighting, it helps so much better in bankruptcy court and it helps in trying to maintain Zollars image since he caused a huge part of this mess (the economy just pushed it along faster)

Thank you for mentioning the troops. As I said in another post. Yes, times are dark but there is life after all of this.

The Holland/New Penn crossed my mind as well but i'm still thinking through that one.

I am having a hard time believing that yellow would jeopardize losing the vast number of customers that would refuse to ship with them should New Penn be closed up by YRC. That is something that would surely happen if a proposed merger is put into place. Ask any of our local drivers what their customer's attitude is toward yellow's ability to service the freight , both on time, and in one piece. Close up , or "merge" New Penn into YRC, and YRC would absolutely lose control of the northeast. THEY KNOW THAT!!!..That's why I believe this proposed change of operations comes on the eve of a re-vote. It is scare tactics 101. Yellow is not going to bite off the only hand that still feeds them. How is that going to look to the banks that needs to see YRC operations taking a turn for the better before they agree to subsidize this corporation any further.... YRC needs New Penn, in it's current form, every bit as much as we need them to keep us going...YRC does not need the YES vote from New Penn as near as much as they needed it, (and got it) from the vast majority of the other YRC employees....A YES vote from New Penn would be nothing more than gravy poured on top of a HUGE juicy steak already served up to Zollars by Hoffa....I've been in this industry for over thirty two years...I've been through too many similiar situations, and have heard too many BS speeches from both management and union leadership alike...So I believe my skeptisism toward YRC's threats comes from a lot of years of "hearing it all"....Just a thought,,,MIKE.........

I think we should vote YES on the revote. My reasons are as follows: I personally put 24 yrs. of my life here. Those of us that have been here any length of time should have some sense of responespsibility to saving the New Penn brand. We have worked hard as a group to make it the best frieght company in the northeast. Why lose that reputation we worked so hard to get over a parent company overspending and the economy going south. We are in a fight to save New Penn, not anyone else! Next, where else are we going to go get what we have, ie: multiple vacations, health care we dont pay for, and even wages better than most out there with the cuts. There have been talkes of merging with YRC, some say they are bluffing. DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE? I don't. A merge would only work those with enough seniority [at the cut rate] and most of us would be out of work. I am not willing to gamble.This would be a chance to risky to me. My family depends on me making the right choice. I'm voting YES! I don't want to explain to my wife [who has had the luxury of not working] and my kids why I voted myself out of a job. Most of you know I have been the road steward for many yrs. in cinnaminson, I have on many occasions drawn a hard line with the company. This is one time it is in all our best interest to step back and vote Yes! This time vote with your heads not your balls.

Shakey,
Nice post, glad to see you have some balls to voice your common sense opinion there in Cinnaminson. The most important thing we are responsible for is our families and the lack of health care is what puts most people in the poor house. Even though I hate what this has come to I have to vote YES, even if to give us some more time before the inevitable. Are they bluffing, I think not and, I CAN"T TAKE TAKE THAT CHANCE IN THIS ECONOMY!
I know that the re-vote in Baltimore will be an overall YES vote, most of the no's regretted their first ballot after seeing what the repercussions are going to be. Again, you have to vote YES and give New Penn a chance for survival and avoid putting fellow brothers and their families on the unemployment line.
If you want to vote no and put yourself out of work why don't YOU JUST GO NOW, just quit!
ST. J VET

YRCW needs the banks more than New Penn. Banks will not agree to extend without the savings the YRCW PROMISED that they would get from all of the employees, not just Holland and YRC. This is not about anything other than getting the banks to be happy. New Penn will not produce the projected profits without the additional 5% and the Pension payment suspension. They will tell the banks that it is a no brainer to merge, and will "project" a significant amount of the New Penn tonnage to be saved. We all know they won't, but the banks have been hearing what they wanted to hear all the way up to this point, so why wouldn't they believe the brilliant financial wizards in KC this time?