New Penn gets another chance

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by irishzig, Aug 12, 2009.

1. truckchick1

truckchick1 Active Member

Great post. It is the way it is.

2. trucker999

trucker999 Member

People need to vote how they feel,not the way other people feel,you gonna pays his bills if np closes.

3. NP Driver1

NP Driver1 Banned

If the re-vote flips to a majority YES win I will be circulating to all terminals a petition for a re-re-vote, followed by a re-re-re-vote, followed by a re-re-re-re-vote, etc. etc. until we can get this voting "done right". I can play the game "IBT style." YRCW can kill New Penn but it will not save YRC from a dirtnap! YRC Logistics and Glen Moore will survive to live another day after bankruptcy wipes out all debt.

4. kwikarl

kwikarl New Member

local 294 members were told new penn YRC will not let the tail wag the dog.
    more yes votes at #17 (i voted no both times)-so on the revote i will agree with the majority of my co-workers.
    it's not right to have our pension fund messed with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHAME ON THE IBT FOR NOT HAVING OUR TIME COUNT OR HAVING YRC PAY BACK INTO THE FUND-SHAME/-SHAME/-SHAME!!!!!!!
    could have lived with the pay cuts but no with messing with the pension.
    IF THE IBT NOT GOING TO STAND UP FOR YOU WHO DOES/ZOLLAR?
    I think not.Maybe just maybe it was the brother how voted no.

5. usmck1

usmck1 Member

6. imported_Shaggybx

imported_Shaggybx Member

We got threatend of the shutdown with management standing next to our so called union leaders in the same room.
    Eh, dosen't matter we'll be taken out of the picture sooner or later.

7. irishzig

irishzig Guest

What part of MERGER don't you understand. There is no threat! The fact is, if a merger takes place, according to the cpt supplement, the merged company gets end-tailed into to buyer or owner. Wheres the threat? The plain fact is New Penn will no longer exist!!!PERIOD.

8. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

It must be a supplement issue because from what I read it would be a dovetail,but again,where are all these documents??Irishzig,have you seen them???

9. slave2money

slave2money Member

What exactly is your labor lawyer going to do?, sue YRC for conducting business? I don't
    get it. If New Penn votes no again the word in the northeast is that they will be shut down
    and a very small percentage of employees from each barn will be merged into YRC. So there will be significant permanent layoffs and the New Penn survivors will take the cuts anyway!

10. slave2money

slave2money Member

Don't overlook the "gray areas" with regard to the NMFA supliments. The New England supliment contains language about endtails and mergers but as a Yellow employee I lost most of my seniority when we merged with Roadway and they dovetailed anyway!