New Penn | New Penn gets another chance

When Yellow bought "the system" there was a lot of over lapping coverage and as far as I know, Red Star wasn't turning a profit. I'll have to double check on that. After the first vote here that took affect in Jan, there are several of your Teamster brothers who will be lucky if they will have worked a total of 60 days for this year (so much for their yes vote), a 500 dollar unemployent check would look really good right now, which I might add is just slightly under what came home this week (after the 10 percent) Unemployment? i'm not afraid to work, two and three jobs if neccessary. No, they probably won't be union. But i've kept my eyes and ears open and there are jobs out there, some paying not so bad. A cut yes. But then again, the reason you are working at the rate you are with the benefits you have is because people fought for what was right and didn't give into the corporate schmucks.
Everyone should be upset with IBT. They spent so much money organizing Overnight and then they went to their own pension fund. All the IBT is worried about is membership, they lose it, there goes their paychecks.
As for health coverage, the kids can be covered under CHIP and i've gone without medical before (you deal with it when it's needed). YRC has been allowd to keep a nice little cash reserve and these added cuts will cushion all their pockets before they file bankruptcy.
Balls, I think it's called solidarity.

Great post. It is the way it is.

We have not seen it either, But I would say its the same proposal, just a new vote because I guess we didn't get the vote right the first time.:biglaugh:

If the re-vote flips to a majority YES win I will be circulating to all terminals a petition for a re-re-vote, followed by a re-re-re-vote, followed by a re-re-re-re-vote, etc. etc. until we can get this voting "done right". I can play the game "IBT style." YRCW can kill New Penn but it will not save YRC from a dirtnap! YRC Logistics and Glen Moore will survive to live another day after bankruptcy wipes out all debt.

local 294 members were told new penn YRC will not let the tail wag the dog.
more yes votes at #17 (i voted no both times)-so on the revote i will agree with the majority of my co-workers.
it's not right to have our pension fund messed with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHAME ON THE IBT FOR NOT HAVING OUR TIME COUNT OR HAVING YRC PAY BACK INTO THE FUND-SHAME/-SHAME/-SHAME!!!!!!!
could have lived with the pay cuts but no with messing with the pension.
IF THE IBT NOT GOING TO STAND UP FOR YOU WHO DOES/ZOLLAR?
I think not.Maybe just maybe it was the brother how voted no.

I haven't read all the threads but if they are threatening you in any way because of the vot everone needs to contact the National Labor Board. You can go online and signup to be a member and file your complaint. It is against the law to be threaten by the out come of a vote in your workplace. You are also covered by a union contract and the sorry ***** hoffa nad johnson will have to defend you in hearings. Once the charges are filed they will have to stop action against you.
We got threatend of the shutdown with management standing next to our so called union leaders in the same room.
Eh, dosen't matter we'll be taken out of the picture sooner or later.

What part of MERGER don't you understand. There is no threat! The fact is, if a merger takes place, according to the cpt supplement, the merged company gets end-tailed into to buyer or owner. Wheres the threat? The plain fact is New Penn will no longer exist!!!PERIOD.

What part of MERGER don't you understand. There is no threat! The fact is, if a merger takes place, according to the cpt supplement, the merged company gets end-tailed into to buyer or owner. Wheres the threat? The plain fact is New Penn will no longer exist!!!PERIOD.

It must be a supplement issue because from what I read it would be a dovetail,but again,where are all these documents??Irishzig,have you seen them???

What exactly is your labor lawyer going to do?, sue YRC for conducting business? I don't
get it. If New Penn votes no again the word in the northeast is that they will be shut down
and a very small percentage of employees from each barn will be merged into YRC. So there will be significant permanent layoffs and the New Penn survivors will take the cuts anyway!

Don't overlook the "gray areas" with regard to the NMFA supliments. The New England supliment contains language about endtails and mergers but as a Yellow employee I lost most of my seniority when we merged with Roadway and they dovetailed anyway!