New Penn hiring

Discussion in 'New England Motor Freight' started by deejay412, Feb 16, 2019.

1. deejay412

deejay412 Member

get yourselves over to new Penn. We are in desperate need of drivers that can get freight delivered!!! We'll put you right on seniority and I know in Pittsburgh we go straight to top rate. Insurance is free for family with no deductible plan. We have some great work rules also. If interested, get with me. I'll help you
    DJ

Crystal likes this.
  2. cityman

cityman Member

Problem with NPME is their top pay is below other carriers starting rate. Also the future is very cloudy there. Good luck to all

allnightrain44 likes this.
  3. deejay412

deejay412 Member

I agree with you. Our contract is up in April. Our wage rate will definitely be changing in that contract. How much, I can't say, but they realize they aren't even close to other ltl. What I will tell you is that if you're paying 50-80 a week for family insurance plus a 3000 deductible that's equal to 2.50 an hour. So, if we can get atleast 3 an hour back in our contract (they owe us 4) we will be on the same ground as everyone else. That leaves retirement. I believe a 401k style investment will be offered in this contract. I'm not completely against that as long as we have a nice contribution. I can tell you right now we will be getting $80 a week in a 401k from our savings in our health and welfare contributions on top of whatever is offered from company. Bottom line. If we can get $3 an hour back and $50 a week in a 401, we will be far ahead of any non union ltl. So come here and help us get that raise!!

icuicp and Yrcstacker402 like this.
  4. abfempm

abfempm Active Member

Don't be surprised when they offer you nowhere near that.just saying

Puff Driver likes this.
  5. Ridgerunner 33

Ridgerunner 33 Member

We already have a 401k through the Teamsters now but it's not matched and the company does not contribute.Union has already said they want to get company's back to a more traditional master freight contact.So I don't think you will see a 401k.We need them to contribute more to the pension fund.

6. deejay412

deejay412 Member

Our pension fund is going bankrupt. They're taking probably 25% of it back. I don't want any more of my money put into it. Put it in my 401k

Puff Driver likes this.
  7. Ridgerunner 33

Ridgerunner 33 Member

I hear ya but 401ks loose money a lot also.But if you have 20 to 30 yrs in the pension fund you want that money going in there.Maybe they will offer a 401k but I haven't heard any mention of it in the recent meetings they had with company's.They did say they want to get these company's back to a more traditional master freight agreement.I understand what your saying though,but if they do that it will most certainly go broke if the yrc company's don't contribute any more.

DyingBreed and crazy like this.
  8. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

pensions are invested in the stock market, just like 401k programs are.
    If you select the best fund for you, stick with and you will be better off than letting some thief steal you future... At least you control it

9. Ridgerunner 33

Ridgerunner 33 Member

10. Ridgerunner 33

Ridgerunner 33 Member

Yes I know the pensions are invested the stock market .What I'm saying is if you have 20 to 30yrs in the pension fund you want the company to put the money in there.401k is a good back up investment in my opinion with your own money put aside also.When the pension was fully funded it was one of the best in the country.Its still decent even with the cuts.