New Penn | New Penn Merger (UNVERIFIED)

Just my humble opinion but why would the banks shut down and entail a Great Company like New Penn into a proven loser YRCWD. My theory is the company losing money at a historic rate should be the one closed and entailed. The surviving regionals could expand and cover the footprint with their proven money making business plan. The union would negotiate the pension liability and we would prosper. The regionals have proven they can do what the mother ship cant. Thats why they bought us in the first place. JMO

Take it from a former Preston Driver in York, PA, it's only a matter of time no matter how it goes down. We just came to work one day and the gates were locked. No one really saw it coming. Wish you guys all the luck.

Just a question and I AM NOT A TROLL. One of these documents proposing changes states that the closure of New Penn ( if concessions were not gained ) would also eliminate duplication of service. If this is a cost savings how can anyone say that if New Penn employees did agree that 6 months down the line they didn't do it anyway for the same reason? I feel for all the folks going through this . Maybe they ought to sell the company to the employees and just leave well enough alone , if that is possible. I agree a good portion of New Penns business will NOT be retained by Yellow if consolidated.

Maybe I should have been more clear. Remove New Penn from the umbrella of YRC , period. If NP can make money , has made money, good business would suggest that the item that now pushes the company to a negative be removed. It appears that , to me , it's the new owners ( Yellow ) Spin it back off. Union Pacific did the same with Overnite. Bought it, changed all the staffing, and proceeded to go backward in profits - right to the losing side. Sold the company , Overnite , for less than they paid for it and walked away. I would hate to be faced with the decisions forced upon everyone by this situation. All I can say , and I mean it , is good luck.

Maybe I should have been more clear. Remove New Penn from the umbrella of YRC , period. If NP can make money , has made money, good business would suggest that the item that now pushes the company to a negative be removed. It appears that , to me , it's the new owners ( Yellow ) Spin it back off. Union Pacific did the same with Overnite. Bought it, changed all the staffing, and proceeded to go backward in profits - right to the losing side. Sold the company , Overnite , for less than they paid for it and walked away. I would hate to be faced with the decisions forced upon everyone by this situation. All I can say , and I mean it , is good luck.
I would appreciate it if they would cut HOLLAND loose too. We're tired of funding YRC also!

Just my humble opinion but why would the banks shut down and entail a Great Company like New Penn into a proven loser YRCWD. My theory is the company losing money at a historic rate should be the one closed and entailed. The surviving regionals could expand and cover the footprint with their proven money making business plan. The union would negotiate the pension liability and we would prosper. The regionals have proven they can do what the mother ship cant. Thats why they bought us in the first place. JMO

This has been my wish all along. YRCW senior management stupidity and incompetence refuse to acknowledge the problems at YRC. They should close YRC terminals in New Penn and Holland coverage areas, and enable the regionals to expand their proven successful business models. I don't want any of my union brothers put out of work, but killing off the successful freight companies leaving YRC to move what freight is left is the beginning of the end for all Freight Teamsters. Where the Hell is the IBT while our industry is destroyed?

At least the remaining regional carriers would get back the freight YRC took and their employees would get preferential hiring status.

What I find interesting is the Baltimore(YRC 155), which is supposed to move from the present old Holland Laurel terminal(leased) back to the smaller former REX 155 Baltimore city terminal(still owned), adding NP into the mix would make darn near impossible to service either companies customers?

the elkridge yrc terminal would not get all our frt anyway. remember we service a bigger area then yrc does out of elkridge. some would go to Landover ,some to Manassas.

finally some who has the same idea. but that would never happen. they would rather save the cancer and kill off the body.

Here is another act by this stupid management. The only company that's making any money. Is going to be dissolved into a company that isn't making money. And I believe the only reason New Penn is making any money is because theirs is the only name customers recognize out there. So if you were to ask me . This is another stupid act by the men that are suppose to be saving our jobs.

zollars should be imprisoned for this travesty. chew the acquisitions up, and spit them all out...worthless. what a piece of crap.

Here is another act by this stupid management. The only company that's making any money. Is going to be dissolved into a company that isn't making money. And I believe the only reason New Penn is making any money is because theirs is the only name customers recognize out there. So if you were to ask me . This is another stupid act by the men that are suppose to be saving our jobs.

let's not forget Holland we seem to be making money too