Yellow | New Penn moves into Maybrook YRC Dock

Yes, both are still there. Blue Colony at exit 10 in CT is also a good stop.

PS - One waitress at I84 Diner is the same gal who was a waitress at Gateway Diner in Kingston back in Maislin days in the 1970's.

mGsyipW.jpg

And Pal's in Mahwah also.

Do you remember an old furniture lumper, worked out of Mahwah, named Joe? He had a room at the truck stop and ate all his meals at Pal’s. He was pretty much wore out in the late 80’s. Used to give him a days pay as navigator.

Are the diners still open at exits 6 & 12? Airport Diner and the 84 Diner. I remember when the 84 Diner opened up, I was one of the first truckers to stop there. Young Tony would pull up a seat at the table and shoot the breeze with us. It was good times.
Yes both are 84 diner not to truck friendly any more ,crowded

Yes both are 84 diner not to truck friendly any more ,crowded

84 is still OK 99% of the time. Long boxes turn in the lot and back in to the west edge and when I go with a set I do the u-turn and park on the left edge facing out. Easy to check for room coming down the ramp.

Do you remember an old furniture lumper, worked out of Mahwah, named Joe? He had a room at the truck stop and ate all his meals at Pal’s. He was pretty much wore out in the late 80’s. Used to give him a days pay as navigator.

Can't say I remember him El. During later 1980's I did a lot of P&D in Bergen County area but lots of us met up and ate lunch at a deli at the Interstate Shopping Center in Ramsey.

84 is still OK 99% of the time. Long boxes turn in the lot and back in to the west edge and when I go with a set I do the u-turn and park on the left edge facing out. Easy to check for room coming down the ramp.

If you see Tony tell him an old Roadway guy from the 70's is glad to see he's still doing well. He didn't know any of our names, we were all "Roadway". You'd walk in the door and he'd say "how you doing today Roadway" with his heavy Greek accent. Good guy and he ran a tight ship.