New Penn | New Penn out of TMI???

lowman188

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone confirm this:

Last ABF Team report (2nd qtr) stated that NP was also opting out of TMI to negotiate new contract like ABF. Quoted as though they were all going to jump off the same building together.

Don't even know the background on this, since I've not seen any background on it, or anything on the IBT site.

Freight2008.org is as close as I've come to any info. Any suggestions? How can NP do this, as a subsidiary of YRCW?

Thanks for the info!

npme opted out of negotiations to let there customers know they will not strike, so they won't lose any customers to non-union cariers running around saying give us your freight cause ther'e going to strike.did same thing last contract. they also say they will abide with what ever is agreed to in new nmfa.i'm sure though, they are negitiateing there local suppliments contracts.

Thanks for that - is it odd that there's no word on NMFA yet? March will be here soon. I missed the last negotiations due to job change. Glad to be back, but laid off again...woo hoo!

supposedly local supplements were to be ironed out before union and tmi were to meet .i read that monday, 11-26-07, was the first that union and tmi were to sit down and start negotiations. haven't seen or heard anything else or if they did meet on that date.

I think what New Penn is doing is signing a "me too" agreement. It's common for smaller carriers to do that. In the past, many companys did that but there arn't many left anymore unfortunety. All it means is that they will do whatever is agreed upon by YRCW.
Hope that helps explain....

The next sit down talks about the non economic supplements is set for Wed.
12/5/07. Then they will iron out details about economic supp's. Wages, pension health n benefits.

let's not forget that New Penn is part of YRCW and can't make the decision on their own to pull out of TMI. With that said that last info I heard is that NP will sign a me-too agreement. Happy Holidays