New Penn | New Penn Seperate vote

givebacks

iam a newpenn driver i hope all newpenn people vote no why baleout a looser like zollar he destroyed us ****him and hoffa

Our vote is seperate from yellow roadway holland why ? We are the only one making money. VOTE THAT WAY !!

BECAUSE....New Penn is not part of TNFINC....Teamsters National Freight Industry Negogiations Committee...they allways agree to a "me too" when contract negogiations come around and agree to what ever the IBT negogiates.....Yellow-Roadway and Holland are in TNFINC and have to vote separate.....KK

BECAUSE....New Penn is not part of TNFINC....Teamsters National Freight Industry Negogiations Committee...they allways agree to a "me too" when contract negogiations come around and agree to what ever the IBT negogiates.....Yellow-Roadway and Holland are in TNFINC and have to vote separate.....KK

So would that mean if NPME voted "NO" and the TNFINC voted YES, that they would be a YES since they are "Me Too"?

OR

Could the NPME NO vote be enough to swing a national vote?

Mark these words...NPME will not be part of YRCW at the start of 2009...
Now frog what do you no ? Let us in on it , but i hope you are right new penn could stand on their own .Only thing is i dont think yrc will sell us because of how we operate. Plus they put all of their assets up to the banks because of yrc credit. Im not shure if we could be sold because of that?

Now frog what do you no ? Let us in on it , but i hope you are right new penn could stand on their own .Only thing is i dont think yrc will sell us because of how we operate. Plus they put all of their assets up to the banks because of yrc credit. Im not shure if we could be sold because of that?
yrcw just started mortgaging there properties I'm sure with 800 or so buildings they could free up 27,we are so small compared to even holland,that we could be sold or liquified in a snap.

can any of you doom & gloom guys answer me intelligently as to why you think Yellow, or anyone else for that matter, will put NPME out of biz ? it is no secret, us at NPME are the most profitable operation under the umbrella of YRC. granted, the current economic crisis has hampered us just as much as any other carrier out there but this company is the model in running overnight frt., is not in debt, and is ran without the input of Yellow management. you guys that are making comments about NPME being put out to pasture have nothing to go off of. now if you tell me we might get spun off because of Yellow being desperate for $$$, i can see that but out of business ??? unless you can break it down for me, i just don't see it. ABF & UPSF can definately enhance their overnight delivery operation with NPME being part of their co. both run tight ships business-wise and they can pretty much let us operate the way we know how while intergrating their systems with ours. just my opinion.

can any of you doom & gloom guys answer me intelligently as to why you think Yellow, or anyone else for that matter, will put NPME out of biz ? it is no secret, us at NPME are the most profitable operation under the umbrella of YRC. granted, the current economic crisis has hampered us just as much as any other carrier out there but this company is the model in running overnight frt., is not in debt, and is ran without the input of Yellow management. you guys that are making comments about NPME being put out to pasture have nothing to go off of. now if you tell me we might get spun off because of Yellow being desperate for $$$, i can see that but out of business ??? unless you can break it down for me, i just don't see it. ABF & UPSF can definately enhance their overnight delivery operation with NPME being part of their co. both run tight ships business-wise and they can pretty much let us operate the way we know how while intergrating their systems with ours. just my opinion.

I do not think that YRC would put NPME out of biz by any means. For YRC to sell them, it would have to be a worthy amount and my question would be who would buy them? I do not see another LTL company. Now, UPS Freight and ABF are the most likely, but would then integrate their operations. I see no reason to leave NPME as their own if either of those 2 buy them and I do not see anyone else interested in buying a regional teamster company.

uniontrucker, you answered your own question. why would yrcw put us out of business? because we are the model in running overnight freight, which is what they have been trying to do for years now but can't come close!!!we do it without there stupid number input, if anything there number crap has hurt us, because freight hasnt hit the street to be delivered, because of yrcw number game. and last we have done it for all these years with our number game and have remained debt free in the process, paying teamster wages, and reinvesting in the company, with equipment and technology, while still maintaining our paid for terminals. call it spite, or the fact that the only way they can get and keep northeast overnight freight for more than a week, is buy putting us out of business.are they that stupid? you tell me.

i posted this on the abf forum and i feel it applies well here also

back to the yrc "bailout"
after reading the synopsis of the deal reached with the IBT i can make only one statement
circa 2007 / 2008:
hoffa negotiates and gets the membership to ratify "the best contract ever" overwhelmingly

now the coin flips over

circa end of 2008:
after a mere 7 months of "enjoying" "the best contract ever" hoffa negotiates
"the best giveback ever"

several thoughts if i may

1- things really must be bad or...

2- the company's greed along with the IBT's stupidity are at an all time high to offer stock options that will not allow you to recover your "donation" if the company rebounds
even when the likes of Ryder/PIE, Transcon and the rest were issuing worthless stock in exchange, it was possible to recover the "donations" if the company rebounded
if anything, one could at least hope for to recover their "donations"
not here though, the best that could occur is that you recover only a small part of it when the company rebounds
something is wrong with that picture

3- management does not share the burden

4- we are as gullible as the powers to be think we are,
actually the truth is, we are not usually, but the problem is, many guys are being scared into being gullible

at this point only one thing comes to mind
the IBT has to get their heads out of their asses before sitting down with any employer or otherwise we get sucked in also
i don't know about anyone else but the stench is too great as i can smell it from here

interesting side thought that many of us abf'ers as well as new penn'ers should consider
back in the day when givebacks were rampant, the companies that were not giving back fared very well in spite of the competitive inequity
both abf and newpenn weathered that storm back then and in fact emerged stronger than ever
they were on an uneven playing field and did well in spite of it
they are still here for the most part and if not, they did not go out of business due to the other companies getting the giveback

if now these very same companies are crying about the competitive inequity
maybe they should use their lobbying power to bring back Regulatory practices.

last word for the companies
go cry to congress like everyone else as my shoulder is occupied with providing for my family and i have a clothespin on my nose

You guys better do some snooping around. I am told that NewPenn doesn't own anything. The banks hold motgages on the real estate. Of course that can change if someone or YRC gets enough money to get things out of hock.
I even asked Don Johnson what will happen when YRC starts charging us for rent on buildings we use to own. He said. "that will make things harder for us"

I have to say

iam a newpenn driver i hope all newpenn people vote no why baleout a looser like zollar he destroyed us ****him and hoffa

Yellow and Roadway are and have been making money.......it is in the earnings statement.....the one losing money is YRC Regionals...I know New Penn is very profitable I know they are not losing money but Holland operated at 107.0 and 111.0 the last 2 qtrs.....it is all in the earnings report:1036316054: