New Penn | New Penn Seperate vote

They told us in mobile,al that holland was not closing any terminals in the south. (3 weeks later 6 were closed ) . Oh, and that came from the vp at holland , mi.
And we were making money at mobile, al. The day they came in and told us we were closing we had a record inbound for us. Guess you like us have to believe what you want. I really hope none are closed and i am very wrong. But do you really think they are going to saay yes we are closing holland till it happens.

desperate companies do desperate things to survive...you think there gonna tell ya..the ship is sinking.were all doomed, run for your lives..no of course not. their gonna say.. we do these changes and well be fine..the problems i have is that this so sudden and very visible.i just cant see with the economy and all this debt anyone pulling out of this mess.
all the trucking companies are saying exackly what that abf salesman are saying and guess what it trickles to the customers..the last thing any customer wants is for their freight to get tied up if a trucker goes out...and on top of that is if they experienced it before....

WELL SAID!!!

And I agree with a previous post: "$250 Million" is nothing to YRC.........I'd like to know what their fuel bill is per day!? Also, $250 mil is more than half of what NPME does in revenue per year.

WELL SAID!!!

And I agree with a previous post: "$250 Million" is nothing to YRC.........I'd like to know what their fuel bill is per day!? Also, $250 mil is more than half of what NPME does in revenue per year.

MontanaNY exactly,what do you have against NPME:chairshot:It seems you are always trying to put them down.Even in these trying times,we are still running better than your beloved NEMF.again before you should ask :popcorn:info is from people inside NEMF:popcorn:

I have nothing against NPME. They were a great company that has been bled by YRC. All that I have ever posted has been based on fact and questions are legitimate questions.

Let me ask you, what have I said that is to put them down and does not have a reasonable thought and questions. I will give an example to something that no-one has answered......many say, YRC should sell NPME (since they are a CASHCOW.........but not that much of a CASHCOW in the YRC bucket)........I reply with who would/could buy them........and I have also posted and say that UPS and ABF are the most likely to buy them..........but would not unless the price was right and in the current YRC situation, the price will not be right.

Sorry, but the luster and strength that NPME once had is quickly fading..........and is NOT AT ALL due to the New Penn folks.

I have nothing against NPME. They were a great company that has been bled by YRC. All that I have ever posted has been based on fact and questions are legitimate questions.

Let me ask you, what have I said that is to put them down and does not have a reasonable thought and questions. I will give an example to something that no-one has answered......many say, YRC should sell NPME (since they are a CASHCOW.........but not that much of a CASHCOW in the YRC bucket)........I reply with who would/could buy them........and I have also posted and say that UPS and ABF are the most likely to buy them..........but would not unless the price was right and in the current YRC situation, the price will not be right.

Sorry, but the luster and strength that NPME once had is quickly fading..........and is NOT AT ALL due to the New Penn folks.

Intersting post but I spoke to a NEMF driver this week and he told me they are not making any money and have not for most of the year.

Times are tought for truckers right now NPME & NEMF are no exception.

Our vote is seperate from yellow roadway holland why ? We are the only one making money. VOTE THAT WAY !!

New Penn votes seperately because they signed a NMfA "me too" contract. You vote seperately and you should be happy for that. Reddaway terminals with white paper contracts will vote seperately also. We're paid significantly less than the master and our guys will vote accordingly.
In Solidarity, Bam

Originally Posted by local107
iam a newpenn driver i hope all newpenn people vote no why baleout a looser like zollar he destroyed us ****him and hoffa

I can relate to your frustrations.... The regional carriers are the only reason YRC is afloat. The changes made to Reddaway since we were bought have handcuffed us huge. Our O.R. use to hover around 85-92. Now we struggle to keep it below 99.
The only reason to bail out Zollars is to keep your current job. Wish they'd fire him but thats another thread. If YRCW goes bankrupt, as they say they will without the concessions, we all go bankrupt. When YRCW goes bankrupt so do all the companies under its umbrella. Been down the banruptcy road before. It sucks.
In Solidarity, Bam

puff driver is correct.morale is very bad over there, i have a high contact at nemf he says the same thing.they range from daily conference calls by managers throwing each other under the bus to their owner
screaming about losing money.supposudly he had millions incase of an emergency,but i also heard they have lost big bucks for 2 straight years .they have cut everything..layoffs of office staff,dock and drivers ...no internal raises for 2 years now.and they are engrossed in YRC and them going out of business.....the difference between YRC and NEMF is YRC is public and very visible...NEMF can and could shut the doors being a private co.....food for thought guys.