New Penn | New Penn to be shut down

boston 25

TB Lurker
Credits
have it on good authority that YRC intends to fold NEW PENN in to their operation ASAP. This comes from both sides,management and the teamsters. They are very unhappy with the results of the recent vote. The banks will noy give them any relief unless something is done with NEW PENN.I WILL NOT BE THREATENED WITH ANYTHING BY ANYONE WITH REGARDS TO MY VOTE. I WILL NOT GO BACK 10 YRS. IN WAGES,WITH NO PENSION NOT NOW NOT EVER.If they suggest a revote make sure we make it clear, NO MEANS NO.To all my brothers it has been a pleasure to work with all of you. Despite any problems we may have had it's been great to be associated with you.

What exactly does this mean? New Penn merges with YR or NP is just closed? Terminals closed or merged? Jobs stay or go? Does renegotiate mean revote? The uncertainty is a killer.

It doesn't matter how they word it. Because bet your last paycheck that the customers will leave faster than you can punch in.
There will be no newpenn if this happens.

I believe that they have always intended to do this. Just look at their track record , they ruin everything they touch. Let's be clear on one thing do not let anyone threaten you to change your mind if it comes to that. We have always been the class of the ltl world, noone could touch us. We did the right thing no means no, we make money as a company. We have been paying the bills for to long now enough is enough.

the one thing in this I do not understand why would the banks want to loan you money if you shut down the only profitable side of the business. If i were the bank I would tell them you shut them down we shut you down.

I agree that this was YRC's plan all along. I also agree that the customers will not follow YRCW and eliminating NP will backfire on them and sink the YRCW ship even faster. However this does not ease the pain of being unemployed in this economy. Where is IBT? Don't they realize that following the freight for jobs will lead to non-union jobs and dues lost?

the one thing in this I do not understand why would the banks want to loan you money if you shut down the only profitable side of the business. If i were the bank I would tell them you shut them down we shut you down.
We live in the real world:nutkick:they live in corporate America:shift:

When you think about the idiots running this Company. I believe that they would merge us with YRC . And within 1 month most of the New Penn freight would be lost to other carriers due to poor service or damages. All our Holland outbound would now stay with YRC causing lost revenue and lay offs at Holland and Reddaway. So in reality they would continue to ruin the Regional compaines to save YRC. Sounds like Dejavu, PRESTON, JEVIC etc...
And if this is there threat to get votes changed to YES, you Can count on a NO VOTE FROM ME...cause if they thought this up, these A..holes are going to due it eventually if not now then later.
Guess will have to wait and see. Good Luck and Vote NO...

There will be a dove tail when we merge, of course. When all the junior guys are on layoff, or we are working at a YRC terminal, we'll all feel really good about our no votes won't we? We stood our ground! We won! The New Penn management team and all the sales guys that screwed up this company will be on the street too. That will feel really good, won't it? Did we all think that they would merge us with YRC if we voted no? Or did we think we'd go on business as usual? Looks like the status quo will not happen.

sorry to butt in

First, I work at YRC Inc and I really appreciate all of your insults about the company I work for and all of the insults about the majority of my fellow Teamster employees voting for the concessions. Second, I feel for your situation, I know you were thrust into it. Third, everyone knows you are a good company, so whoever posted this thread needs to come with some proof...because I don't believe YRCW would cut (all of our throats like this) when, as one poster stated, they know the banks believe in New Penn. Relax, ok? This is one of the most ludicrous things I have heard, mind you I know I am trying to make sense out of anything YRCW does or has done.

And if this is there threat to get votes changed to YES, you Can count on a NO VOTE FROM ME...cause if they thought this up, these A..holes are going to due it eventually if not now then later.
Guess will have to wait and see. Good Luck and Vote NO...

hey dude.....don't tell anyone but.........
THE VOTE IS OVER.....YOU SAID "SHUT IT DOWN!!!",AND NOW THEY ARE!!!:TR10driving03:

have it on good authority that YRC intends to fold NEW PENN in to their operation ASAP. This comes from both sides,management and the teamsters. They are very unhappy with the results of the recent vote. The banks will noy give them any relief unless something is done with NEW PENN.I WILL NOT BE THREATENED WITH ANYTHING BY ANYONE WITH REGARDS TO MY VOTE. I WILL NOT GO BACK 10 YRS. IN WAGES,WITH NO PENSION NOT NOW NOT EVER.If they suggest a revote make sure we make it clear, NO MEANS NO.To all my brothers it has been a pleasure to work with all of you. Despite any problems we may have had it's been great to be associated with you.
Where do you go from here? Just wondering what everyone's ideas are. It's not just on these boards but at the terminals too. Is it the general consensus that they'll leave us as is,or be forced to sell us or just "who cares?" Where do you go from here? I wish they'd sell us. I've done enough time in **** outfits and will probably end up in jail if that's all that's left. So do you go on welfare or is your house paid off and you can retire? Do you think their gonna shut it down no matter what we do? I'm not happy. Somebody left something for you and your leaving the younger guys nothing and I'm pissed. Nobody's been organized in years because there's been as much greed here as at the *****.Barely any of you probably tried to organize them in your whole f'n time. It's only what can the union do for you. For $50/month I think you've had one hell of a deal.Wait till you see what's waiting for you. Barely any of you tried to organize. That would have saved it. But no everybody's in it for their OWN pension and I'm pissed at everything. Nowhere to go but the ***** and you've got a law coming that can maybe help with it and you decide to quit at the wrong F'in' time. Now maybe there'll be no pension for nobody...GOOD. Cause that's all alot of guys cared about anyway. You act as though you have 50 other companies to go to in the MFA and there are none but ***** to go to. Wait till they get a hold of your spoiled asses. You'll eventually be workin for $15.0/hr with weekly $50.00 payments for crappy health insurance.You've had the best and a pension and representation for $50/month. You'll never make it anywhere else .I suggest you get to them organising bootcamps and get some backup before talking so GODDAMNED stupid. Everyboddy's worried about workin' another year and a half. I'll have to work another goddamned 30. for nothin. with no f'n pension. You're ages were spoiled from the beginin. The old guys did it all for you and you just let it go. You always had a say and none of you used it...til it's toof'n late. If them yellow trucks come cruisin towards our gates I'll stand right in the middle and let'm run me over if we go with the no. Cause I have no desire to go back to the *****. And what about the other 30000guys you're supposed to stand with. You act like the ***** thinkin you're company's so great. i'll stand with the NO's if that's the way we go but You're gonna hear this at least once before they close the doors...cause you leave me nowhere to f'n go.This'll probably be my last post.Ask not what you can do for the union...but how much can iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii get for $50/month. Cheap f'n bastards!

hey dude.....don't tell anyone but.........
THE VOTE IS OVER.....YOU SAID "SHUT IT DOWN!!!",AND NOW THEY ARE!!!:TR10driving03:

Well Said Kawikid!!!.....Like my teacher always told me, "Be Careful for What You Wish For, Because You Just Might Get It....The Brothers at NPME wanted to Shut it Down, And Now it is time to Shut It Down.....There will be no "Re-Vote". The voting is over.....You got what you wanted...Like I said last week, "Last one out, Shut the Lights!".....:TR10driving03: