New Penn | New Penn to be shut down

Think about what you are saying........... I can certinly appreciate how upset you are and I can't blame you for a minute because i would love to go to kc and meet them face to face for destroying the best company around but where are we going to find a union job in these times. do you think we are going to get a job at YRC with everyone they have laid off? are non union companies going to hire us when they look at our job history and find that we once worked for a union company? the question becomes do I want to give back 15% and still continue to feed my kids with the hope that we will some day look back at these days as a mere bump in the road or do I want to give back 100% and starve just to prove a point. think about it.....then the morons in KC realy win and we gift wrapped it for them. who do you think is going to be laughing when we gave them the reason to accomplish there goal?

have it on good authority that YRC intends to fold NEW PENN in to their operation ASAP. This comes from both sides,management and the teamsters. They are very unhappy with the results of the recent vote. The banks will noy give them any relief unless something is done with NEW PENN.I WILL NOT BE THREATENED WITH ANYTHING BY ANYONE WITH REGARDS TO MY VOTE. I WILL NOT GO BACK 10 YRS. IN WAGES,WITH NO PENSION NOT NOW NOT EVER.If they suggest a revote make sure we make it clear, NO MEANS NO.To all my brothers it has been a pleasure to work with all of you. Despite any problems we may have had it's been great to be associated with you.
NOWAY-if the customers think this too YRC will be SCREWED ANYWAYS !!

Think about what you are saying........... I can certinly appreciate how upset you are and I can't blame you for a minute because i would love to go to kc and meet them face to face for destroying the best company around but where are we going to find a union job in these times. do you think we are going to get a job at YRC with everyone they have laid off? are non union companies going to hire us when they look at our job history and find that we once worked for a union company? the question becomes do I want to give back 15% and still continue to feed my kids with the hope that we will some day look back at these days as a mere bump in the road or do I want to give back 100% and starve just to prove a point. think about it.....then the morons in KC realy win and we gift wrapped it for them. who do you think is going to be laughing when we gave them the reason to accomplish there goal?

Careful now with this kind of talk...people will start to think you have no balls.

Are you nuts......no balls.....I don't give a rats rear what anyone thinks. my family is counting on me to take care of them and thats all I care about. how do I look my wife and kids in the eyes and tell them daddy had a chance to change this but sorry...... i chose to prove a point and now everything is gone. but dont worry kids.....daddy stode up to yrc and helped new penn out of business. isn't that great?? I am sure they will be proud of me.

I'm a 3rd gen. teamster, my grandfather would be rolling in his grave if he saw what was going on, newpenn is done no mater what, look at yellows track record, I'd rather go out fighting and still have my PRIDE than curl my tail up my *****, be a yes man, and still have the same outcome.

Are you nuts......no balls.....I don't give a rats rear what anyone thinks. my family is counting on me to take care of them and thats all I care about. how do I look my wife and kids in the eyes and tell them daddy had a chance to change this but sorry...... i chose to prove a point and now everything is gone. but dont worry kids.....daddy stode up to yrc and helped new penn out of business. isn't that great?? I am sure they will be proud of me.
I guess you have no confidence in ur self driver. Remember one thing....YOU WERE LIVING B 4 NEWPENN AND U WILL LIVE AFTER NEWPENN AND YRCW. I've been laid off 4 a year and a half from HMEX and I'm still making it.:shift:

First let me say....I am sorry to hear that. No one should be out of work for any period of time. but being laid off wasn't your choice. If someone said to you "do you want to be laid off?" I am sure you would say no. And that is exactly what I am saying here. If they give me another chance to vote....I will vote "yes" once again because I don't want to be laid off by choice. If i should get laid off, there is nothing I can do about it, but if I have a choice, I choose YES....I want to keep my job and I hope that my other brothers will join me. Remember we can only stick together for change if we are employed...... If we aren't employed, we dont have a word at all.

And let , me just add one more thing. For those that say they want to go out with pride, if it were better economic times and all of us could walk out and find a job tomorrow, I would be much more inclined to join you all and vote NO and make that stand. But there are 10 million people out of work. There are no jobs out there right now. There are no Teamster jobs out there....... Why don't you try and find one this week, and if you can find one that will pay you our rate minus 15% and provides great health benefits for your family then let me know. I am guessing you wont have any luck and no one is going to take care of us but ourselves........

hearing wensday 11 am conference call all tm ,ibt and yrc ..yrc will end another trucking companies life,, YELLOW RUINS COMPANIES..that yrc..great job yrc,, Let me see ..the 2nd quarter yrc lost 300 plus millon..this giveback will save them 50 million a month..do the math..the 3 rd quarter will be 150 millon plus loss..how long can this go on..my guess is by xmas all the doors will be closed..

Well Said Kawikid!!!.....Like my teacher always told me, "Be Careful for What You Wish For, Because You Just Might Get It....The Brothers at NPME wanted to Shut it Down, And Now it is time to Shut It Down.....There will be no "Re-Vote". The voting is over.....You got what you wanted...Like I said last week, "Last one out, Shut the Lights!".....:TR10driving03:

Its just a BLOODY shame that New Penn (a.k.a. only ones who had balls) has to suffer for YRC's F' up. :nutkick:

I would not worry if I were New Penn employees. You are the only company yrc has that are making any money. Yrc is not in control to tell anybody who to shut down, the banks are in control. Besides who is going to run the east coast....? The old timers at yrc can't do it and all the younger guys are laid off. Another thing, all you hear form yrc employees is I Am Voting No but for some reason it always passes, New Penn said they are voting no and you stuck to your guns. Great job Guys and Gals for sticking to your guns.

I would not worry if I were New Penn employees. You are the only company yrc has that are making any money. Yrc is not in control to tell anybody who to shut down, the banks are in control. Besides who is going to run the east coast....? The old timers at yrc can't do it and all the younger guys are laid off. Another thing, all you hear form yrc employees is I Am Voting No but for some reason it always passes, New Penn said they are voting no and you stuck to your guns. Great job Guys and Gals for sticking to your guns.

im with you my friend. the first seed of up-coming scare tactics have been planted. i think we all should've expected this. we knew YRCW would not be happy with the way our votes turned out but we didn't back down. i for one do not believe for a second that the doors will be shut on friday. another thing, YRC would have a Warn Act lawsuit and a pension withdrawal liability issue to deal with on top of the rest of their other problems. i can't see the banks allowing this. no f*cking way. only the weak, fear !

im with you my friend. the first seed of up-coming scare tactics have been planted. i think we all should've expected this. we knew YRCW would not be happy with the way our votes turned out but we didn't back down. i for one do not believe for a second that the doors will be shut on friday. another thing, YRC would have a Warn Act lawsuit and a pension withdrawal liability issue to deal with on top of the rest of their other problems. i can't see the banks allowing this. no f*cking way. only the weak, fear !

So I guess they will close YRC and Holland in Chicago also,because we did`nt play nice and vote yes!!

Well Said Kawikid!!!.....Like my teacher always told me, "Be Careful for What You Wish For, Because You Just Might Get It....The Brothers at NPME wanted to Shut it Down, And Now it is time to Shut It Down.....There will be no "Re-Vote". The voting is over.....You got what you wanted...Like I said last week, "Last one out, Shut the Lights!".....:TR10driving03:

You're a piece of ::shit:: !! go do your job and get some accounts! Find one newpenn teamster who voted no because they wanted newpenn shut down you dope!!
YRC WILL be bankrupt in a year!! I voted no to giving them more of my pay and pension time to grease their pockets and watch them go belly up anyway. I put almost 22 hard working years in this company!! And I'll be damned to have someone from outside destroy us and sit back and do nothing!!
I have kids in school a mortgage and bills like everyone else But I wont sit and take it up the :eck13: while they continue to kill this company. I have no problem with anyone who voted yes, they have there reasons. Dont come on here saying the no voters wanted newpenn shut down!!

let's see: 746 no votes and 426 yes votes equal 1172 votes at let's say at an average of 65,000 a year= 76,180,000 x 5%= 3,809,000. now i was told new penn made roughly 20,000,000 last year. now if this is true yrcw is risking losing another 17,000,000 to save roughly almost 4,000,000? no wonder they are in trouble with thinking like that. the give backs don't come close to the money they would lose if they closed us. think about it.

i do not doubt they will close us but people are not sure some say they would merge us with yrc others say they would turn us into holland. one person said that would not be legal since they closed holland in the norhteast any thoughts here?

I belive and correct me if I'm wrong to merge = no pension liabilities. most yrc terminals have people who are laid off. in my opinion, even with a dovetail some people will not work,this is the reality. yrc would eventually lose many of the accounts they take get due to customer expecting New Penn service and not getting it.
as was said by others, it's a no vote, so let the chip fall as they may and move on.

corporate America is about greed and HUGE egos.those who run the companies will survive with their millions and move on. they could care less about the people who got them to the top