New Penn | New Penn To Have Seperate Vote!

N

NP Driver1

23. Ratification. For the purposes of ratification, YRC Inc. and USF Holland
Inc. shall be treated as one voting unit, and New Penn Motor Express, Inc. shall be treated as
a separate voting unit.

If this thing somehow goes through then my leave of absence starts August 1, 2009! Anybody with me?

19. Leave of Absence. During the Non-Permanent Pension Contribution
Termination Period, bargaining unit employees who are participating in this Revised Plan
will be permitted to take a leave of absence without pay

Inc. shall be treated as one voting unit, and New Penn Motor Express, Inc. shall be treated as
a separate voting unit.

If this thing somehow goes through then my leave of absence starts August 1, 2009! Anybody with me?

Termination Period, bargaining unit employees who are participating in this Revised Plan

Why is your vote seperate??

now is the time guys. yrc will not shut us down. we have to vote no. not just for our fellow teamsters but just to show those corporate _______ in yrc that we don't agree with how they are destroying this company. We are making a profit. Look at transcripts from conference calls, they won't answer the question if we are making money or not.(because we are) Why do we have to pay for yrc and holland losing money? If we are making money on the backs of every new penn driver, new penn manager, new penn mechanic, new penn secretary THEY WHY DO WE NEED TO TAKE MORE CUTS!!!!
VOTE NO

d.j.

seperate vote

all new penn union members must vote no to this, we are a seperate entity and we are the only profitable company they have

18 month leave of absence is what yrc wants you to do,this way they dont have to lay off anybody and they dont have to pay unemployment.

all new penn union members must vote no to this, we are a seperate entity and we are the only profitable company they have

Just for your info MISFIT, Holland always had an excellent operating ratio PRIOR to the YRC morons purchasing us and diverting alot of our most profitable accounts to YRC. YRC blames all of YRC's $ problems on the regionals. The bottom line is that YRC under Zollars inept leadership, has created all this financial mess and NOT HOLLAND. Get your facts straight driver.:ranting2:

New Penn signed a "me too" agreement to the NMFA so they vote separate from YRC and Holland.

So if it is a "me too" agreement,are their votes just a courtesy?They would follow whatever the majority vote is. It does`nt seem to make any sense to be seperate.But then none of this does!!

thats right me too agreement. 1300 np no votes, 1301 yrc yes votes we all take concessions
I can't agree with you on this. We voted "me too" on the greatest contract ever-it wasn't forced upon us. We voted yes on the 10% wage reduction-we wouldn't have been given a vote if it didn't count. ABF voted "me too" on the greatest contract ever- does that mean they get 15% reduction and 18 months of no pension?

I can't agree with you on this. We voted "me too" on the greatest contract ever-it wasn't forced upon us. We voted yes on the 10% wage reduction-we wouldn't have been given a vote if it didn't count. ABF voted "me too" on the greatest contract ever- does that mean they get 15% reduction and 18 months of no pension?

Abf has nothing to do with the YRCW mess,.so they won`t be getting any reduction yet!I think he is right, the majority will rule.For example let`s say New Penn has 1000 voting and it`s all no votes.Now the rest of the votes between YRC and Holland total 6000 and it`s 4000 yes and 2000 no.Guess what, that me too agreement gets you the same ::shit:: as us. I don`t what else a me too agreement could mean.

I gotta believe our votes will count seperately. NewPenn signed a me too agreement. The newpenn teamsters voted on that contract and our votes were not counted seperately. They were all lumped in together will all the people voting on the NMFA.
Now they are going through the trouble of mailing seperate ballots to newpenn and counting them seperate. It must be for a reason. I believeif we vote no, it will count as a no.
But the way the IBT has handled freight since hoffa has been in offcie. You never know what will happen.
But there should be someone answering this question before the vote.
Who is to say that the ibt has it in there minds that are vote is seperate. then if the vote comes back a no they can say "oh, your votes didnt count seperately" WE need an answer in writing from the international on this BEFORE the votes are counted.

a separate voting unit.

take the leave and you will be expected to pay your H&W contributions while you are out

[list type=decimal]
The vote is about whether you want to remain employed.
If you are voting seperate and you choose not to remain employed what is to stop them from closing New Penn. New Penn customers will find another carrier. There are many choices out there. Even YRC is in the Next day market now so do what ya gotta do. YOU actually voted to be unemployed and when you are closed down and everyone else is still employed there will be no pension liability because you voted to close it. It's not that people are stupid it's just that they get suicidal at times[/LIST]

[list type=decimal]
If you are voting seperate and you choose not to remain employed what is to stop them from closing New Penn. New Penn customers will find another carrier. There are many choices out there. Even YRC is in the Next day market now so do what ya gotta do. YOU actually voted to be unemployed and when you are closed down and everyone else is still employed there will be no pension liability because you voted to close it. It's not that people are stupid it's just that they get suicidal at times[/LIST]

The world according to Joe. Totally wrong but Joe gets paid good money by YRC to spin things the company way. Joe you must have no respect for the Teamsters to think we are stupid enough to buy your crap.... Thank God only 1 more week for the vote. Then U can go back to buffing Zollars ***** or whatever your Management job calls for. Theres Zollars now, get ready:eck13::eck13:

All YRC and Holland votes are counted together and all New Penn votes are counted separately for a semi-total. Then all semi-total votes are totaled together for a final grand total, that everyone must abide by. In other words if the final grand total vote between Holland, New Penn and YRC come up to be 14001 to 13999 then whichever way the 14001 votes were cast is how the vote will decided. If New Penn has a majority of their own votes going in a different direction than YRC and Holland's that doesn't mean New Penn will get to decide there own separate decision about the concessions.

If online posts are any indication..New Penn and USF are no's for sure and a YRC has a rather high% of no voters. It should be close but the silent majority didn't speak yet